Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(09-09-2022, 04:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 04:05 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Pouring out here at the beach and I was thinking about mowing the lawn.  Oh darn......now I can't do it.

That almost sounded kinda sarcastic haha

I was also planning on some NY strips on the grill which won't be happening either so........... Sad
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2022, 04:58 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 04:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: That almost sounded kinda sarcastic haha

I was also planning on some NY strips on the grill which won't be happening either so........... Sad

Pan fry in some butter and garlic powder.. maybe finish them off in the oven at 400 for about 6 minutes, if they're about 3/4 inch.. 

Don't forget the shallots and maybe a little red vino..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2022, 05:09 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-09-2022, 04:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 04:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Nice lookin' dog dude.  I have a shepherd and have had three others prior.

Thanks!! Love her to death.. So loyal and family oriented.. My first GSD..

Here's both of my hounds.  Both were rescued.  The shepherd (Othello, we call him O) was neglected so long he had severe ear infections and we actually had to have an ear canal removed because he was in so much pain.  That's why the one ear flops.  Great dog but he can't hear a damn thing anymore.  Then Dexter is a Lab/Pit mix.  He's a wild man but a good dog and super smart.  The two of them are inseperable.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2022, 05:21 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-09-2022, 05:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 04:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Thanks!! Love her to death.. So loyal and family oriented.. My first GSD..

Here's both of my hounds.  Both were rescued.  The shepherd (Othello, we call him O) was neglected so long he had severe ear infections and we actually had to have an ear canal removed because he was in so much pain.  That's why the one ear flops.  Great dog but he can't hear a damn thing anymore.  Then Dexter is a Lab/Pit mix.  He's a wild man but a good dog and super smart.  The two of them are inseperable.

There's a special place in hell for people who abuse animals.. There's also a special place in heaven for those who rescue and save.. Beautiful dogs!! Good on you man!!

How old are they? I can tell O is a little on the older side..

Edit.. We also have a 16 year old basset hound named Driftwood (Drifty) for short. He's blind and now deaf, but he looks and feels like he has another couple of productive years ahead of him.. Hell, he tried to hump Bermuda last month haha.. But, when he either passes or has to be put down, we plan on getting another GSD for Bermuda..

And Bermuda actually heards Drifty around the house and backyard.. I think she realizes he's blind as a bat haha

(09-08-2022, 11:41 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 07:39 PM)Jags Wrote: Was the chicken’s name Robin Williams?  Asking for a friend.

That's cold , man.

Thank you.  Idk if that was a compliment or not, but thanks, man!

(09-09-2022, 03:47 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Knock on my door, open it, guy standing there leaned up against the wall with one leg kicked under on the toes, looking at this phone. Without looking up he says, "Hey, how you doing?" then continues to look at his phone for a few more seconds before putting it in his pocket and proceeding with a sales pitch for a doorbell camera. Even if I was interested in what you were selling, you immediately lost the sale. Dumb [BLEEP].

Do what I do.  Let the “no soliciting” sign do it’s work.  If that doesn’t work, the dog should.  My dog will act like she’ll rip you face off.  If she doesn’t, I most certainly will.  

Funny you say that, I gave an estimate a week or two ago for a neighbor of a current client that talked us up a lot.  This guy seemed so disinterested. Shook his hand, no eye contact.  This man was getting his lawn cut and at the same price of his neighbors.  Then wanted every damn bell and whistle, thinking he’ll get the same quote the neighbor gets.   I kept adding on to what my real estimate would have been. He wanted to question why it was so high.  Guess whose lawn I’m not mowing!  Answer: you’re a [BLEEP] douche bag.

(09-09-2022, 05:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 05:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Here's both of my hounds.  Both were rescued.  The shepherd (Othello, we call him O) was neglected so long he had severe ear infections and we actually had to have an ear canal removed because he was in so much pain.  That's why the one ear flops.  Great dog but he can't hear a damn thing anymore.  Then Dexter is a Lab/Pit mix.  He's a wild man but a good dog and super smart.  The two of them are inseperable.

There's a special place in hell for people who abuse animals.. There's also a special place in heaven for those who rescue and save.. Beautiful dogs!! Good on you man!!

Edit.. We also have a 16 year old basset hound named Driftwood (Drifty) for short. He's blind and now deaf, but he looks and feels like he has another couple of productive years ahead of him.. Hell, he tried to hump Bermuda last month haha.. But, when he either passes or has to be put down, we plan on getting another GSD for Bermuda..

And Bermuda actually heards Drifty around the house and backyard.. I think she realizes he's blind as a bat haha

Funny thing is, we have no idea how old he is.  We got two separate sets of paperwork from two separate sources when we adopted him. One said he was 6 1/2, the other said 11.  I’m leaning towards the first set which would make him a little over 9 now.  He just gets around too good to be 13 and be his size.  Dexter is a bit over 4.  He bugs the [BLEEP] out of O, just because he has so much energy, but O lets him know when to knock it off.

We’ve always adopted.  There’s just soooooo many good dogs in the kennels.  O was in a ‘no kill’ kennel. But we truly saved Dexter because he was just in a county kennel.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The best dogs we’ve ever had were from kennels. But then again, the others weren’t too bad either. I think a huge part of it is the owners. god bless y’all for taking them in. Channel 4 just had a story about having 55 animals more than they could handle. I assume it was Duval. Didn’t catch the whole story. I told my wife we should go up there. Even asked my dog if she’d eat a friend if we brought one home. Wife didn’t seem to keen on the idea.

(09-09-2022, 06:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-09-2022, 05:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: There's a special place in hell for people who abuse animals.. There's also a special place in heaven for those who rescue and save.. Beautiful dogs!! Good on you man!!

Funny thing is, we have no idea how old he is.  We got two separate sets of paperwork from two separate sources when we adopted him. One said he was 6 1/2, the other said 11.  I’m leaning towards the first set which would make him a little over 9 now.  He just gets around too good to be 13 and be his size.  Dexter is a bit over 4.  He bugs the [BLEEP] out of O, just because he has so much energy, but O lets him know when to knock it off.

We’ve always adopted.  There’s just soooooo many good dogs in the kennels.  O was in a ‘no kill’ kennel. But we truly saved Dexter because he was just in a county kennel.

We were talking about adopting again, but we decided not to this time. We have other animals and we wanted a pup to grow up along side of them..

This was her as a pup, many steaks and chickens ago lol

[Image: Resized-20210130-103747.jpg]

Those ears! How cute!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Having a GREAT time here in Jacksonville (as usual).... Was supposed to go out fishing with a friend yesterday but with all the rain he said that Jax has been having, the water was a little too choppy to go out, probably would have capsized the boat so....... I trusted him, he's out on the water every chance he gets so he knows the waterways and the current condition of the waters better that I ever could. ANyway, I'm here until Monday evening, Amtrak departs at about 11PM so.... plan to have a lot more fun while I'm here.....
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(09-10-2022, 10:40 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Having a GREAT time here in Jacksonville (as usual).... Was supposed to go out fishing with a friend yesterday but with all the rain he said that Jax has been having, the water was a little too choppy to go out, probably would have capsized the boat so....... I trusted him, he's out on the water every chance he gets so he knows the waterways and the current condition of the waters better that I ever could. ANyway, I'm here until Monday evening, Amtrak departs at about 11PM so.... plan to have a lot more fun while I'm here.....

What's all on the itinerary?

(09-10-2022, 11:45 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 10:40 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Having a GREAT time here in Jacksonville (as usual).... Was supposed to go out fishing with a friend yesterday but with all the rain he said that Jax has been having, the water was a little too choppy to go out, probably would have capsized the boat so....... I trusted him, he's out on the water every chance he gets so he knows the waterways and the current condition of the waters better that I ever could. ANyway, I'm here until Monday evening, Amtrak departs at about 11PM so.... plan to have a lot more fun while I'm here.....

What's all on the itinerary?

Winger, since the fishing trip was sort of shall I say, Delayed, I'm just sort of winging it now...... I did go to one of my old haunts down here last night, had quite a few Southern Comforts and ginger ales and basically had a good time...... Met a few interesting people there too so..... COld Drinks and good conversation with new people...... yeah, I had fun......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Good deal

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 12:26 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

One of Jeff Bezos’s New Shepherd rockets failed after launch today. Luckily it was carrying experiments and not people. The escape system worked flawlessly and the capsule landed safely. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lost some of his space tourist customers after this. 

https://youtu.be/jJb6JB8ZuQs

(09-12-2022, 12:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: One of Jeff Bezos’s New Shepherd rockets failed after launch today. Luckily it was carrying experiments and not people. The escape system worked flawlessly and the capsule landed safely. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lost some of his space tourist customers after this. 

I'm not letting it scare me away from my planned flight. I'm planning on a Tic Tok video of me sucking up a floating zero gravity ball of Crown Royal through a straw. It will be epic.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-12-2022, 12:46 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 12:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: One of Jeff Bezos’s New Shepherd rockets failed after launch today. Luckily it was carrying experiments and not people. The escape system worked flawlessly and the capsule landed safely. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lost some of his space tourist customers after this. 

I'm not letting it scare me away from my planned flight. I'm planning on a Tic Tok video of me sucking up a floating zero gravity ball of Crown Royal through a straw. It will be epic.

Seriously? You’re signed up?

This is for all you Star Wars fans...... I found it quite funny...........

[Image: toshe.jpg]

That's freaking awesome. Lol

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 09:14 PM by The Drifter.)

Well, I must say that I had a very enjoyable time in Jacksonville these last few days. My Amtrak is scheduled to depart at 11:04 (If it runs on time, which it seems it never does.... LOL) I'm all packed and will be checking ut ot the Hotel at about 10pm so I can get to the station and be ready to go........... SO until the next time I find myself down here........ Be safe and have fun Y'all......... and GO JAGS!