Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2022, 04:49 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-01-2022, 04:40 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-01-2022, 04:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: At least you got to see him though. He's definitely a face on MLB's Mount Rushmore. Sadly, there may be another Yankee or two with him lol

Kind of a coincidence.. After a Yankee game one night, someone that looked like George The Animal Steel tried washin my uncles windshield. Hey, ya never know lolol

Fun fact:  obviously his wrestling persona was an act but did you realize that he had a masters degree and was a teacher.  Oh, and his name was William Myers.

Well [BLEEP].. I actually believed he lived in a tree when I was a kid lolol

All them turnbuckles couldn't have been good for the digestive system either lol

I'm also gonna add, George The Animal Steel looked more like a gorilla than Gorilla Monsoon did lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know a guy that put Ape Hangers on his Harley..... he told me the reason.... He said that if he ever got pulled over, he'd already be in the position..... LOL
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Now these are the kind of Flu Shots I can deal with..... LOL.....

[Image: flushots.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Todays edition of my Home Bar...... As you can see, I keep it very well stocked........

[Image: IMG_0775.JPG]

As if I wasn’t freaked out enough about the possibility of having to get a pacemaker, they call this afternoon and reschedule my appointment for tomorrow until next week.  [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

After 5 days without internet I have a somewhat new appreciation for it. Other than streaming TV you don't realize how much you do online until you can't. The issue is finally fixed.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2022, 07:13 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-03-2022, 07:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: As if I wasn’t freaked out enough about the possibility of having to get a pacemaker, they call this afternoon and reschedule my appointment for tomorrow until next week.  [BLEEP].

If I see this guy at Walmart…
[Image: tin-man_orig.jpg]

I’ll know it’s you.

That being said, I feel for ya. Thoughts and prayers, dude.

(10-03-2022, 07:03 PM)RicoTx Wrote: As if I wasn’t freaked out enough about the possibility of having to get a pacemaker, they call this afternoon and reschedule my appointment for tomorrow until next week.  [BLEEP].

If you were critical or high risk they wouldn't reschedule you. That's what makes sense anyway. Hopefully that is 100% the case.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2022, 07:33 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-03-2022, 07:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

If you were critical or high risk they wouldn't reschedule you. That's what makes sense anyway. Hopefully that is 100% the case.

Dr Americus!  That’s probably a better way to make him feel better.  Nice job!  I don’t have those skills.  I’m envious. But seriously, keep an eye out at Walmarts and [BLEEP].  He’ll probably crop dust ya.  Seen him do it before.  Had to put my pomegranates back.

Hey guys. Whoah, whoah, listen. No, wait, hang on. Stop. Listen. Listen to me real quick. No, you’re not listening. Listen to this. If you’re having hiccups from over drinking and want peanut butter, I can tell you that Reese’s cookies work too. It took me 4-5. Youre vileage may marry.

I was just fooling around on Amazon to see if there were any DVD's that I liked that I didn't already have.... No such luck..... Just then, something happened that sparked a very distant memory of a film I saw years ago..... So I type in the title and Lo and Behold, They had it in stock. Not only that, but they also had the follow up to it so..... I ordered them both..... What were the movies you ask? I'll tell you.....Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and Return of The Killer Tomatoes..... 2 classic schlock movies from the past.... Sometimes a good schlock movie is all you will need to be entertained!

Holy smokes guys. I just learned about the "jock tax". That is some messed up ish right there.

(10-03-2022, 07:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I get that.  I just want to get the evaluation over with and find out.  I already know they won’t decide anything at the appointment.  I’m sure I’ll have to wear a Holter monitor (basically a mini-EKG) for a week or so.  So that’s another week before I find out.  Bad pun…but the wait is what’s killing me.

Doctor: "I have some bad news and some worse news."
Patient: "Nothing good? I'll take the bad news first."
Doctor: "The test results indicate you only have around 30 days to live."
Patient: "What could possibly worse than that??"
Doctor: "Well, I've been trying to get in touch with you for about two weeks..."

What a nice day.. Sunny skies, hardly any clouds, a little chill in the air, got the sun roof open, got the tunes pumpin and me and the wife are headin down to go re-up for the month on vegetables lolol

Great day!!

(10-04-2022, 02:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: What a nice day.. Sunny skies, hardly any clouds, a little chill in the air, got the sun roof open, got the tunes pumpin and me and the wife are headin down to go re-up for the month on vegetables lolol

Great day!!

An absolutely perfect day to visit the farmer's market.  Wink

(10-04-2022, 02:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 02:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: What a nice day.. Sunny skies, hardly any clouds, a little chill in the air, got the sun roof open, got the tunes pumpin and me and the wife are headin down to go re-up for the month on vegetables lolol

Great day!!

An absolutely perfect day to visit the farmer's market.  Wink

Yes sir!! lolol

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2022, 07:06 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm actually starting to feel like a chemist. There's so much to learn about spa chemicals, I think I finally the right p/h chemical mixture down.. Yikes.. add this, add that, check this, check that. What does the test strip say?

"Baby.. what does it mean if the test strip is showing blue?"

"It means we're gonna have a boy, right?"

"Depends.. did you pee on it or did you dunk it in the hot tub?"

(10-03-2022, 07:32 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 07:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If you were critical or high risk they wouldn't reschedule you. That's what makes sense anyway. Hopefully that is 100% the case.

Dr Americus!  That’s probably a better way to make him feel better.  Nice job!  I don’t have those skills.  I’m envious. But seriously, keep an eye out at Walmarts and [BLEEP].  He’ll probably crop dust ya.  Seen him do it before.  Had to put my pomegranates back.

My practical side came out. What can I say?

Plus, I don't mess with people and medical stuff. I've had my own stuff to deal with over the last 8 years and my parents and in-laws are up in years with health issues so I have some compassion and perspective now that I did not have before.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 06:09 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

I wonder if I sound sincere when I apologize or empathize with people when I’m marshaling out here.  Because I generally don’t give a flying [BLEEP] what they’re complaining about.