Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(10-18-2022, 07:30 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 07:24 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Just broke open a bag of Snickers...................guess I'll have to restock before Halloween.

My wife bought a bag of candy.  Normally we need more.  A lot more. She’s also cheap, btw.   So at Costco I bought 4 boxes of the full sized 30 count candy bars.  I really hope the turn out is good.  Otherwise I may end up joining other relatives in the diabetes club.  Hopefully I don’t lose a foot over this.  I need it for work purposes.

[Image: 571-EA7-D8-8507-4101-BD1-E-7-E6-DDDD74-CEF.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-18-2022, 08:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 07:30 PM)Jags Wrote: My wife bought a bag of candy.  Normally we need more.  A lot more. She’s also cheap, btw.   So at Costco I bought 4 boxes of the full sized 30 count candy bars.  I really hope the turn out is good.  Otherwise I may end up joining other relatives in the diabetes club.  Hopefully I don’t lose a foot over this.  I need it for work purposes.

Lol.  That’s a blast from the past.  That pronunciation I think drove us all crazy.

(10-18-2022, 08:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 07:30 PM)Jags Wrote: My wife bought a bag of candy.  Normally we need more.  A lot more. She’s also cheap, btw.   So at Costco I bought 4 boxes of the full sized 30 count candy bars.  I really hope the turn out is good.  Otherwise I may end up joining other relatives in the diabetes club.  Hopefully I don’t lose a foot over this.  I need it for work purposes.

[Image: diabeetus-cat.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-18-2022, 07:30 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 07:24 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Just broke open a bag of Snickers...................guess I'll have to restock before Halloween.

My wife bought a bag of candy.  Normally we need more.  A lot more. She’s also cheap, btw.   So at Costco I bought 4 boxes of the full sized 30 count candy bars.  I really hope the turn out is good.  Otherwise I may end up joining other relatives in the diabetes club.  Hopefully I don’t lose a foot over this.  I need it for work purposes.

If you have extra bars you can send them to me, I got no issues with the beetus

(10-19-2022, 08:51 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I bet if you put on your maid's costume and dong his bells, you'll get a full sized bar o' chocolate..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-19-2022, 12:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 08:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: If you have extra bars you can send them to me, I got no issues with the beetus

I bet if you put on your maid's costume and dong his bells, you'll get a full sized bar o' chocolate..

[JW]
I don't have a maid.
[/JDub]

(10-19-2022, 01:46 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 12:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I bet if you put on your maid's costume and dong his bells, you'll get a full sized bar o' chocolate..

[JW]
I don't have a maid.
[/JDub]

That may be the only way to turn a fun sized candy bar into a full one lolol

(10-19-2022, 01:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 01:46 PM)Mikey Wrote: [JW]
I don't have a maid.
[/JDub]

Ahem...*Cough* GIANT SIZED *Cough cough*
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2022, 06:42 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-19-2022, 02:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 01:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: That may be the only way to turn a fun sized candy bar into a full one lolol

Ahem...*Cough* GIANT SIZED *Cough cough*

I believe they call that “king” size.  Congrats, btw.

(10-19-2022, 08:51 AM)Mikey Wrote:

If you want my extra bars, you’ll have to do like the other moms.  You’ve gotta wear a slutty outfit revealing cleavage or something showing off dat [BLEEP]! A good wink never hurt anyone either.

I also have chem lights galore.  For the kids safety of course I plan to hand out.  Maybe I should get some Mardi Gras beads for the moms too!  

Mmm good lord do I love the hollowweens!

(10-19-2022, 01:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 01:46 PM)Mikey Wrote: [JW]
I don't have a maid.
[/JDub]

For whatever reason, “Pour some sugar on me” is in my mind.  Or is it “Pinot Noir some sugar on me”?  Tough to tell.  Guess it depends on the time of day.

Little depressed right now, Just found out a friend of mine that I've been chatting with that lived in Scotland, died of a heart attack. 36 years old, spent 11 days in ICU before he passed on.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(10-19-2022, 06:33 PM)Jags Wrote:

If you want my extra bars, you’ll have to do like the other moms.  You’ve gotta wear a slutty outfit revealing cleavage or something showing off dat [BLEEP]! A good wink never hurt anyone either.

I also have chem lights galore.  For the kids safety of course I plan to hand out.  Maybe I should get some Mardi Gras beads for the moms too!  

I seem to attract quite a few of those.  I'm sure you can imagine what they do with my hard candy.
(10-19-2022, 08:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: If you have extra bars you can send them to me, I got no issues with the beetus

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2022, 08:42 PM by Jags.)

(10-19-2022, 08:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

I seem to attract quite a few of those.  I'm sure you can imagine what they do with my hard candy.

No.  Pray tell, With as many adjectives as possible!

(10-19-2022, 07:53 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Little depressed right now, Just found out a friend of mine that I've been chatting with that lived in Scotland, died of a heart attack. 36 years old, spent 11 days in ICU before he passed on.......

Sorry to hear that bud.

(10-19-2022, 07:53 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Little depressed right now, Just found out a friend of mine that I've been chatting with that lived in Scotland, died of a heart attack. 36 years old, spent 11 days in ICU before he passed on.......

I'm really sorry to hear that, man.

Sorry, man. It's ok to hurt, hopefully you can find some way to honor his memory so the hurt becomes smiles.

((hugs))
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2022, 08:10 PM by Jags. Edited 3 times in total.)

So… in the truck we have many “games” and we also make fun of passerbys.  We’ll have a cava game where we count woman that are “doable” or better.  Here recently, we’ve been guessing how many nice butts we’d see in any given day. We also make fun of people.  Long story short, there is a lot of talk inside the truck that is only heard by the crew.  When we’re working, none of us can hear crap between the equipment and the music in our ears.  So we kinda lead a lifestyle of saying whatever we want.  On occasion, it’ll nip us in the butt.  One guy called “cava” in front of his gf on the weekend.  Today, I was walking a long walk up a sidewalk to pick my daughter up from after school care while another father was walking back to his car with a 2nd or 3rd grader in tow.  Just as we pass, the kid says “I got a C on my test”.  My tongue was already in position to spout it out. I almost said it aloud.  As this kid walks by with dad and says that; I ALMOST blurted out “Dumb [BLEEP]!””

Yep,   That the kinda guy I am.  I’m not proud (maybe a tad bit).

Getting ready to leave.. Got everything packed up and buckled down.

Green Cove to Carlisle, PA.. Roughly 900 miles. Will probably stop overnight somewhere in Virginia. I don't know if any of ya'll are familiar with 81 from WV to PA, but it's pretty treacherous at night. So many drop offs from the sides of the mountains. With all the semi's too, we just rather pull off somewhere and continue on in the morning..

Couple of years ago, we were heading up to PA on 81, and a black bear ran out in front of us, was doing about 80mph. Coulda been nasty with that one.. So I kinda wised up. Now on 81, I get behind a semi like a lead blocker. If the semi hits something, no big deal lol

(10-22-2022, 07:41 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Getting ready to leave.. Got everything packed up and buckled down.

Green Cove to Carlisle, PA.. Roughly 900 miles. Will probably stop overnight somewhere in Virginia. I don't know if any of ya'll are familiar with 81 from WV to PA, but it's pretty treacherous at night. So many drop offs from the sides of the mountains. With all the semi's too, we just rather pull off somewhere and continue on in the morning..

Couple of years ago, we were heading up to PA on 81, and a black bear ran out in front of us, was doing about 80mph. Coulda been nasty with that one.. So I kinda wised up. Now on 81, I get behind a semi like a lead blocker. If the semi hits something, no big deal lol

Have a safe trip.

(10-22-2022, 07:41 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Getting ready to leave.. Got everything packed up and buckled down.

I've driven 81 many times, most recently two weeks ago.  The foliage was just starting to turn then, so it should be peaking about now.

One drawback to drafting off the semi is no reaction time.  With its higher ground clearance, it can drive over something that can take out your radiator.  Not great anywhere, especially on that road at midnight.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.