Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2022, 05:53 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-30-2022, 09:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:07 PM)Jags Wrote: I want to do something that is fun IMO.  I just need a volunteer to give me a username.  Preferably, one that isn’t all that cool or 120% normal.  Not one that has fun, jokes around and gets it.  I ask y’all to give me a user’s name. I’ll take care of the rest and explain later.

Since JaguarsWoman got banned it would have to be Mikesez.

Man, JDub would have been, shall I say…purrfect!!

Mikesez based off what I said fits the description.  But I’m 100% sure he’d actually be a gamer and play along.  I guess I need a user that doesn’t roll around in these parts. Someone that takes things a bit more serious.

(11-30-2022, 01:05 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 08:07 PM)Jags Wrote: I want to do something that is fun IMO.  I just need a volunteer to give me a username.  Preferably, one that isn’t all that cool or 120% normal.  Not one that has fun, jokes around and gets it.  I ask y’all to give me a user’s name. I’ll take care of the rest and explain later.

Given your current username, you seem pretty creative.

Yep, big thinker right here. <eyeroll> haha. 

“Jags” was the first thing I tried.  When it was accepted, I was thinking wth, no body has tried that?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2022, 08:02 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Welp, we can call this off.  HB took care of it.  Apparently he and I both had some sort of ADD that doesn’t allow “x99” likes. 

I was going to randomly ask someone that took this place too seriously to put me over the hump.  I’m super glad I didn’t have to reply to Bullseye “hey, bro, do me a solid and put me to 3?”

Everyone plus one HB for being a cool guy.  He farts, rep him!

https://twitter.com/imhighkeycool/status...d0RLg&s=19

Gotta love some of those filters lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Well, I just escalated my war against these do-nothing state agencies that refuse to do their job. Not only have I contacted several print and broadcast media outlets about what's going on with my apartment, but I also just contacted the Governor's office...... Not really expecting anything to come from it but.... if someone from his office could jump start thing by kicking the [BLEEP] of these lazy agency personnel...... it just may be worth the time and effort I'm putting in to rattling a few cages.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Squeaky wheel..

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 10:29 AM by Mikey.)

(11-30-2022, 12:44 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, I've just spent the last hour or so contacting several print and broadcast media outlets about a problem I've been trying to solve for over a year now. It seems that I probably have a mold problem in my apartment. it's been flooded out 5X since I moved in here about 2 years ago. I've contacted the Frederick County Health Department, The Maryland State Health Department, and the regional representative of the EPA. Every time, I get a response to contact the agencies that I already have about this problem. I've gotten to the point of being beyond frustrated and angry about this. Hopefully, one of the outlets I've contacted will get back to me and take this seriously.  If I can embarrass one of this agencies to do their job by exposing them to the media, I'll feel I have won.

step 1, document every bit of communication you've had with the apartment, as well as any response they've had, whether it be email messages, service visits, repainting, etc.

step 2, contact an attorney to get some advice. You may need to pay for an inspection up front, but if you have professional inspection stating there is a problem  and the landlord doesn't address, you may be able to break lease or pursue other avenues. If you do see the attorney, be sure to discuss paying your rent to an escrow account until the issue is resolved. Sometimes, all it takes is for the same photos you've been sending to them to be sent on legal letterhead to get a response.

Good luck, and hopefully everything is resolved quickly and without much hassle.

(11-30-2022, 07:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Welp, we can call this off.  HB took care of it.  Apparently he and I both had some sort of ADD that doesn’t allow “x99” likes. 

I was going to randomly ask someone that took this place too seriously to put me over the hump.  I’m super glad I didn’t have to reply to Bullseye “hey, bro, do me a solid and put me to 3?”

man, if only we still had -1's, I could make it my mission to torment you for eternity

BRB, rec'ing every post of yours until you get to 398...just to see if you get anxious about the 399th

Ok.. Whomever took the turtles, put em back now.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 06:27 PM by Jags.)

(11-30-2022, 10:21 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, I just escalated my war against these do-nothing state agencies that refuse to do their job. Not only have I contacted several print and broadcast media outlets about what's going on with my apartment, but I also just contacted the Governor's office...... Not really expecting anything to come from it but.... if someone from his office could jump start thing by kicking the [BLEEP] of these lazy agency personnel...... it just may be worth the time and effort I'm putting in to rattling a few cages.......
Wow!   I read this word waaaay wrong at first.

(12-01-2022, 10:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 12:44 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, I've just spent the last hour or so contacting several print and broadcast media outlets about a problem I've been trying to solve for over a year now. It seems that I probably have a mold problem in my apartment. it's been flooded out 5X since I moved in here about 2 years ago. I've contacted the Frederick County Health Department, The Maryland State Health Department, and the regional representative of the EPA. Every time, I get a response to contact the agencies that I already have about this problem. I've gotten to the point of being beyond frustrated and angry about this. Hopefully, one of the outlets I've contacted will get back to me and take this seriously.  If I can embarrass one of this agencies to do their job by exposing them to the media, I'll feel I have won.

step 1, document every bit of communication you've had with the apartment, as well as any response they've had, whether it be email messages, service visits, repainting, etc.

step 2, contact an attorney to get some advice. You may need to pay for an inspection up front, but if you have professional inspection stating there is a problem  and the landlord doesn't address, you may be able to break lease or pursue other avenues. If you do see the attorney, be sure to discuss paying your rent to an escrow account until the issue is resolved. Sometimes, all it takes is for the same photos you've been sending to them to be sent on legal letterhead to get a response.

Good luck, and hopefully everything is resolved quickly and without much hassle.

(11-30-2022, 07:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Welp, we can call this off.  HB took care of it.  Apparently he and I both had some sort of ADD that doesn’t allow “x99” likes. 

man, if only we still had -1's, I could make it my mission to torment you for eternity

BRB, rec'ing every post of yours until you get to 398...just to see if you get anxious about the 399th

Mikesez sez we can’t have -1’s.  Apparently feelings or something, idk.

(12-01-2022, 06:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ok.. Whomever took the turtles, put em back now.

Da hell you talkin’ ‘bout boy?  Been smokin’ them weeds again?

[Image: f150.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(12-01-2022, 07:45 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: f150.jpg]

I want to like you, then you pull these shenanigans.  Not cool, bro.

(12-01-2022, 07:47 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 07:45 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: f150.jpg]

I want to like you, then you pull these shenanigans.  Not cool, bro.

I was a Chevy man but... the last 2 cars I owned were Mopar's and that's all it took to make me switch.....

[Image: 20221202-103020.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2022, 04:03 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just bought my Christmas present to myself..

Now I get to sit outside, drink my coffee, smoke my tweeds and listen to my new bells.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/vOBrpFvbIP0?feature=share

(12-01-2022, 06:25 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-30-2022, 10:21 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, I just escalated my war against these do-nothing state agencies that refuse to do their job. Not only have I contacted several print and broadcast media outlets about what's going on with my apartment, but I also just contacted the Governor's office...... Not really expecting anything to come from it but.... if someone from his office could jump start thing by kicking the [BLEEP] of these lazy agency personnel...... it just may be worth the time and effort I'm putting in to rattling a few cages.......
Wow!   I read this word waaaay wrong at first.

(12-01-2022, 10:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: step 1, document every bit of communication you've had with the apartment, as well as any response they've had, whether it be email messages, service visits, repainting, etc.

(12-01-2022, 06:21 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ok.. Whomever took the turtles, put em back now.

Turns out you can minus 1 If ya do it right.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2022, 08:10 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-02-2022, 07:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 06:25 PM)Jags Wrote: Wow!   I read this word waaaay wrong at first.

Turns out you can minus 1 If ya do it right.

You’re a cruel, cruel man.  Well played! Haha. The math is a bit off though, I think that is -3.  But still funny.

…biscuit… ‘sup buddy?

YO WALMART! STOP ACCUSING PEOPLE OF THEFT! You are almost exclusively self-checkout now. The last time I was there the lady checking receipts at the exit was stopping everyone. I chose not to participate in that foolishness, so I just skipped the exit line and left. I heard her saying "Sir, Sir” as I kept walking. I simply raised my hand above my head and shook my receipt, as I kindly Ieft the store.
You can either trust me to do self-checkout, or you can put your cashiers back in place so they can resume the position. l'm not interested in the job, so if I fall short, oh well. I'm also not interested in proving that I did your job for you. You expect me to be a cashier with no training then that's your problem, not mine. Don’t audit me for a position you refuse to employ any longer.
Signed,
All of us

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2022, 10:21 AM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just a little bit of country wisdom I've learned in my Life....

Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
Keep skunks, bankers, and politicians at a distance.
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.
The best sermons are lived, not preached.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Don't corner something that is meaner than you.
Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
You cannot unsay a cruel word.
Every path has a few puddles.
When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
Don't be banging your shin on a stool that's not in the way.
Borrowing trouble from the future doesn't deplete the supply.
Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway.
Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
Silence is sometimes the best answer.
Don‘t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t botherin' you none.
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
The biggest troublemaker you’ll ever have to deal with watches you from the mirror every mornin’.
Always drink upstream from the herd.
Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgment.
Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around.
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Most times, it just gets down to common sense.

[Image: hi.jpg]

(12-03-2022, 08:00 AM)The Drifter Wrote: YO WALMART! STOP ACCUSING PEOPLE OF THEFT! You are almost exclusively self-checkout now. The last time I was there the lady checking receipts at the exit was stopping everyone. I chose not to participate in that foolishness, so I just skipped the exit line and left. I heard her saying "Sir, Sir” as I kept walking. I simply raised my hand above my head and shook my receipt, as I kindly Ieft the store.
You can either trust me to do self-checkout, or you can put your cashiers back in place so they can resume the position. l'm not interested in the job, so if I fall short, oh well. I'm also not interested in proving that I did your job for you. You expect me to be a cashier with no training then that's your problem, not mine. Don’t audit me for a position you refuse to employ any longer.
Signed,
All of us

This! There was a line leaving the store the last time I was in too, and I also went around. They called out to me and I told them I wasn’t at Sams and I wasn’t stopping for this crap.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Saw Shad’s dingy today up close and personal. Wife has sent pics of it while heading into work on occasion. Pictures do not do this thing justice. Holy [BLEEP]!!! I took a couple photos best I could. Damn thing wouldn’t fit. Had to do that panoramic view.