Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(12-03-2022, 08:00 AM)The Drifter Wrote: YO WALMART! STOP ACCUSING PEOPLE OF THEFT! You are almost exclusively self-checkout now. The last time I was there the lady checking receipts at the exit was stopping everyone. I chose not to participate in that foolishness, so I just skipped the exit line and left. I heard her saying "Sir, Sir” as I kept walking. I simply raised my hand above my head and shook my receipt, as I kindly Ieft the store.
You can either trust me to do self-checkout, or you can put your cashiers back in place so they can resume the position. l'm not interested in the job, so if I fall short, oh well. I'm also not interested in proving that I did your job for you. You expect me to be a cashier with no training then that's your problem, not mine. Don’t audit me for a position you refuse to employ any longer.
Signed,
All of us

Couldn’t agree more.  I understand why the big stores are doing this.  But many patrons like you and I don’t care for it.  Unless you, me and everyone else stands in a massive line while 17 yr old Ainsley attempts to keep up with the mass amount of people in line, while they’re unused self check outs lay around and collect dust, it’ll continue.  The stores don’t care if they get our money. I don’t blame them either.  But it pisses me off too.  Sadly, I’m inpatient, much like others, so I reluctantly do self checkout as well.  

Bright side, sometimes it’s nice not to engage in the stupid banter/small talk the cashiers attempt to make.  Kudos to them for being friendly, but neither of us care.  Perhaps I have more to learn.  But I always tried to understand why strangers acted like they give a [BLEEP] in a situation like that.  I’m not one to pretend and play make believe.  I don’t go out of my way to be a dick, but I also know neither of us care as long as we both get to leave.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My little 4' Christmas tree I got from Walmart fresh out of the box. It has little battery powered lights on it already. I still need to fluff it out somewhat and I'm waiting on the decorations I ordered to come in the mail yet. When I get it finished I'll post an updated picture. This will be the 1st Christmas tree that I have put up in about 20 years so...... It may be small but I think it can be kind of special......

[Image: IMG_0872.JPG]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

The wife and I went out tonight to go grab some dinner. On the way home, we noticed that Green Cove has its Christmas Lights out and lit up.

Now don't get me wrong, love the look of the lights, but it's time for some new ones. They're lookin old and raggedy.

If anyone drives through Green Cove any time soon, check out some of the lights up on the street lamps. There's one that's supposed to be a "Christmas Tree Bulb" and it looks like the damn Death Star..

Do better, time for an upgrade.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Donna Douglas ditches her hillbilly garb for a little Hollywood glamour in this beautiful portrait from 1963.

[Image: ellymay.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 12:21 PM by Mikey.)

(12-03-2022, 08:00 AM)The Drifter Wrote: YO WALMART! STOP ACCUSING PEOPLE OF THEFT! You are almost exclusively self-checkout now. The last time I was there the lady checking receipts at the exit was stopping everyone. I chose not to participate in that foolishness, so I just skipped the exit line and left. I heard her saying "Sir, Sir” as I kept walking. I simply raised my hand above my head and shook my receipt, as I kindly Ieft the store.
You can either trust me to do self-checkout, or you can put your cashiers back in place so they can resume the position. l'm not interested in the job, so if I fall short, oh well. I'm also not interested in proving that I did your job for you. You expect me to be a cashier with no training then that's your problem, not mine. Don’t audit me for a position you refuse to employ any longer.
Signed,
All of us

my gripe is I should get a discount on my purchase if I am replacing the payroll/benefit you would allocate to a cashier.

At our stores, they rarely have more than one register open so you're all but forced to self-check, too.

Unfortunately, this baloney (and he don't mean baloney) is the trade-off for paying a little less for the purchase than if you go to Publix or Home Depot or Target.

(12-03-2022, 06:18 PM)Jags Wrote: Saw Shad’s dingy today up close and personal.  Wife has sent pics of it while heading into work on occasion.  Pictures do not do this thing justice.  Holy [BLEEP]!!! I took a couple photos best I could. Damn thing wouldn’t fit.  Had to do that panoramic view.

usually you don't want to see pics of someone else's dingy on your wife's phone

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2022, 06:29 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-05-2022, 12:20 PM)Mikey Wrote:
Signed,
All of us

my gripe is I should get a discount on my purchase if I am replacing the payroll/benefit you would allocate to a cashier.

At our stores, they rarely have more than one register open so you're all but forced to self-check, too.

Unfortunately, this baloney (and he don't mean baloney) is the trade-off for paying a little less for the purchase than if you go to Publix or Home Depot or Target.

(12-03-2022, 06:18 PM)Jags Wrote: Saw Shad’s dingy today up close and personal.  Wife has sent pics of it while heading into work on occasion.  Pictures do not do this thing justice.  Holy [BLEEP]!!! I took a couple photos best I could. Damn thing wouldn’t fit.  Had to do that panoramic view.

If the dingy is attached to a billionaire, let the photo shoot begin!!!either helps us or me out. I’m 50/50 partners in “us” and am 100% sole shareholder in “me”.  

Sounds like a win!

(12-05-2022, 12:20 PM)Mikey Wrote:
Signed,
All of us

Sorry, the "discount" money is allocated to cover the increased inventory shrinkage.

Now you've made Jags self-conscious about his much smaller dingy.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2022, 08:05 PM by Jags.)

(12-05-2022, 10:01 PM):DSneakers Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 12:20 PM)Mikey Wrote: my gripe is I should get a discount on my purchase if I am replacing the payroll/benefit you would allocate to a cashier.

Sorry, the "discount" money is allocated to cover the increased inventory shrinkage.

Now you've made Jags self-conscious about his much smaller dingy.

If you find my dingy let me know.  Check around out back for me.  Big Grin

(12-04-2022, 09:41 AM)The Drifter Wrote: My little 4' Christmas tree I got from Walmart fresh out of the box. It has little battery powered lights on it already. I still need to fluff it out somewhat and I'm waiting on the decorations I ordered to come in the mail yet. When I get it finished I'll post an updated picture. This will be the 1st Christmas tree that I have put up in about 20 years so...... It may be small but I think it can be kind of special......

[Image: IMG_0872.JPG]

We have a small tree about the same size as that one. We've had it for two years and really like it. To store it we just put a 13 gallon trash bag over it so it doesn't collect dust and we put it in a closet.

All I can say is....... OUCH!!!!!

[Image: fire.jpg]

Kudos to you guys that live in/near OP and drive through it daily while keeping sane. Holy crap! I avoid OP like the plague but had an errand to run that forced me into that neck of the woods. That’s not fun at all!

(12-07-2022, 06:30 PM)Jags Wrote: Kudos to you guys that live in/near OP and drive through it daily while keeping sane.  Holy crap!  I avoid OP like the plague but had an errand to run that forced me into that neck of the woods.  That’s not fun at all!

It's why I don't take my gun with me..

(12-07-2022, 07:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 06:30 PM)Jags Wrote: Kudos to you guys that live in/near OP and drive through it daily while keeping sane.  Holy crap!  I avoid OP like the plague but had an errand to run that forced me into that neck of the woods.  That’s not fun at all!

It's why I don't take my gun with me..

Oddly enough, if it weren’t for firearms I wouldn’t have been in OP in the first place.  Had to go to GT Distributors to get night Sights installed on my new carry pistol.  Almost bought other stuff I shouldn’t have.  I’ve gotta be good.  I bought a DDM4V7 that hasn’t arrived yet.  Plus I need to outfit it.  But they had a beat up savage mkII with glass and a bipod for 250.  Should’ve asked if they’d take less.  Probably for the best.

(12-07-2022, 07:18 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-07-2022, 07:05 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's why I don't take my gun with me..

Oddly enough, if it weren’t for firearms I wouldn’t have been in OP in the first place.  Had to go to GT Distributors to get night Sights installed on my new carry pistol.  Almost bought other stuff I shouldn’t have.  I’ve gotta be good.  I bought a DDM4V7 that hasn’t arrived yet.  Plus I need to outfit it.  But they had a beat up savage mkII with glass and a bipod for 250.  Should’ve asked if they’d take less.  Probably for the best.

You take it cause you might need it..

I don't cause I may use it lol

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(12-08-2022, 11:38 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

Dude.. That had me sittin here just groovin. That was pretty damn awesome. 

My only complaint is that the video was only a minute or so long. Need to put that sucker on a loop..

That's definitely my kinda energy..

(12-08-2022, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude.. That had me sittin here just groovin. That was pretty damn awesome. 

My only complaint is that the video was only a minute or so long. Need to put that sucker on a loop..

Perfect jam for that birds strut!!

I'd wager 99% watch it to the end.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Every time I throw some hot dogs on the grill I think of a time I was in a restaurant and there was this little girl making a big fuss because she didn’t like her hot dogs.  When her father explained they were the exact same as the ones she had at home she told her father, “No they aren’t, I only like them when they have lines on them.”
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-08-2022, 12:13 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude.. That had me sittin here just groovin. That was pretty damn awesome. 

Perfect jam for that birds strut!!

I'd wager 99% watch it to the end.

I watched to the end.  Damnit, still not a 1%er. Sad

But I do like that beat/tune whatever the word is.

(12-08-2022, 07:14 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Every time I throw some hot dogs on the grill I think of a time I was in a restaurant and there was this little girl making a big fuss because she didn’t like her hot dogs.  When her father explained they were the exact same as the ones she had at home she told her father, “No they aren’t, I only like them when they have lines on them.”

Back in my day if I had done that,  my dad or mom would’ve taken a marker and put lines on it and said, “now, shut up and eat“.  Although, if the girl was not a brat about it, then I’m sure it made her dad feel good.  My daughter helps me cook hotdogs on the grill. Burgers too sometimes.  She enjoys it, as do I.