Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(12-08-2022, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 11:38 AM)Jagwired Wrote:

Dude.. That had me sittin here just groovin. That was pretty damn awesome. 

My only complaint is that the video was only a minute or so long. Need to put that sucker on a loop..

That's definitely my kinda energy..

Me too shredder mouse, me too.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just sitting here listening to some of the music that John Lennon made after he left the Beatles. I feel that it's a very fitting thing to do on the anniversary of his murder. Damn hard to believe it's been 42 years since. I can still remember my reaction the next morning when I got up for work and was told the news by my mother, Shocked didn't even begin to describe it............
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022, 08:30 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-08-2022, 07:48 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 11:48 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Dude.. That had me sittin here just groovin. That was pretty damn awesome. 

My only complaint is that the video was only a minute or so long. Need to put that sucker on a loop..

That's definitely my kinda energy..

Me too shredder mouse, me too.

awe, y’all made friends.  That’s cute!    Big Grin

Despite the constant ridicule, I appreciate your effort to fit in.  Good on ya little feller.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 09:22 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 4 times in total.)

Have you ever thought about how the tiniest little decisions can affect your life in a big way?  Turning left instead of right, or saying yes instead of no, and something extremely significant happens as a result that wouldn't have happened otherwise.  Looking back on my life, this has happened to me several times.  I made a seemingly insignificant decision, one thing led to another, and my life wound up where it never would have been if I had not made that tiny insignificant decision.

It's kind of scary when you think about it.  Because life is coming at you all the time, and you may be dodging bullets you aren't even aware of.

(12-09-2022, 09:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Have you ever thought about how the tiniest little decisions can affect your life in a big way?  Turning left instead of right, or saying yes instead of no, and something extremely significant happens as a result that wouldn't have happened otherwise.  Looking back on my life, this has happened to me several times.  I made a seemingly insignificant decision, one thing led to another, and my life wound up where it never would have been if I had not made that tiny insignificant decision.

It's kind of scary when you think about it.  Because life is coming at you all the time, and you may be dodging bullets you aren't even aware of.

Morpheus: Do you believe in fate, Neo?

Neo: No

Morpheus: Why?

Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-09-2022, 09:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Have you ever thought about how the tiniest little decisions can affect your life in a big way?  Turning left instead of right, or saying yes instead of no, and something extremely significant happens as a result that wouldn't have happened otherwise.  Looking back on my life, this has happened to me several times.  I made a seemingly insignificant decision, one thing led to another, and my life wound up where it never would have been if I had not made that tiny insignificant decision.

A slighty-drunken, not deeply considered statement at a keg party some time after graduation:

- led to relocation from Ohio to Florida
- got me going to church again
- made me a Jags fan
- got me working at the place I've been with for over 20 years now
- led me to my wife of 16 years

That statement?  "We should get married" to my then live-in gf, now my ex. I know, I'm a romantic.

Related important insignificant (on its face) event, choosing to stay in FL after the divorce, even though every family and friend were in Ohio. This led to coworker/adoptive mom figure inviting me to attend her church, which led to meeting my new wife.

I often wonder how the paths would branch if any of those events went a different way (like, if I moved back to OH, would I bounce from job to job, or find my calling? What if I never pursued a relationship with my ex in the first place?).

I've heard a lot of people say that. But in my life I really don't think it's true. I look back at things that felt like hard decisions at the time, but I still see myself ending up in the same place even if I made a different decision.  And a lot of the things that people call big decisions, felt like no brainers at the time, that I can't imagine myself making any kind of different decision on those.  Maybe I'm just too cautious in life.  But I feel lucky and grateful.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

"Damn right I can do that. Hold my beer."

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 01:02 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-09-2022, 11:07 AM)Mikey Wrote:

A slighty-drunken, not deeply considered statement at a keg party some time after graduation:

- made me a Jags fan

That statement?  "We should get married" to my then live-in gf, now my ex. I know, I'm a romantic.

Related important insignificant (on its face) event, choosing to stay in FL after the divorce, even though every family and friend were in Ohio. This led to coworker/adoptive mom figure inviting me to attend her church, which led to meeting my new wife.

I often wonder how the paths would branch if any of those events went a different way (like, if I moved back to OH, would I bounce from job to job, or find my calling? What if I never pursued a relationship with my ex in the first place?).

Great story!

(12-09-2022, 09:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Have you ever thought about how the tiniest little decisions can affect your life in a big way?  Turning left instead of right, or saying yes instead of no, and something extremely significant happens as a result that wouldn't have happened otherwise.  Looking back on my life, this has happened to me several times.  I made a seemingly insignificant decision, one thing led to another, and my life wound up where it never would have been if I had not made that tiny insignificant decision.

Not trying to be a dick head here, but doesn't this post kind of invalidate your signature?

But in answer to the post; yes, all the time. For bad and good.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-09-2022, 12:59 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 11:07 AM)Mikey Wrote: A slighty-drunken, not deeply considered statement at a keg party some time after graduation:

- made me a Jags fan

Great story!

Not trying to be a dick head here, but doesn't this post kind of invalidate your signature?

But in answer to the post; yes, all the time.  For bad and good.

Good catch.

[Image: sh.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2022, 09:00 PM by The Drifter.)

Been buying some watercolor art work for my apartment.....

The Beatles......
[Image: IMG_0864.JPG]

Mr Jimmy Page......

[Image: IMG_0887.JPG]

And perhaps the Greatest frontman in the history of rock.....

Freddy Mercury......

[Image: IMG_0886.JPG]

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2022, 06:09 AM by The Real Marty.)

(12-09-2022, 12:59 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

But in answer to the post; yes, all the time.  For bad and good.

Good point.  But I do believe that, in spite of the appearance that we are making these little life-altering decisions, ultimately, we don't actually have free will.  I believe in causal determinism.  So what I refer to as a "decision" in my post is actually a calculation which is made inevitable by preceding events and outside forces.     

So, your inevitable next question might be, why do I say that the idea, that little decisions lead to major outcomes, is scary, if these little decisions are inevitable and nothing else could have happened?  I don't know.

Publix fruit cake rocks..

That's the post..

(12-10-2022, 05:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Publix fruit cake rocks..

That's the post..
Said no one not high…ever  Sick

Fixed it for you!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(12-10-2022, 05:50 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 05:40 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Publix fruit cake rocks..

That's the post..
Said no one not high…ever  Sick

Fixed it for you!

No comment

(12-09-2022, 09:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
Have you ever thought about how the tiniest little decisions can affect your life in a big way?  Turning left instead of right, or saying yes instead of no, and something extremely significant happens as a result that wouldn't have happened otherwise.  Looking back on my life, this has happened to me several times.  I made a seemingly insignificant decision, one thing led to another, and my life wound up where it never would have been if I had not made that tiny insignificant decision.

All the time.

I was behind a Tesla at a red light yesterday. The driver stomped it on green and that thing took off like a dragster. It got really small really quick.

Since I used to live in Jax (and loved it) but I'm stuck up here in Maryland for now, I wanted something from Jax to put on my wall so........

I ordered this........

https://www.allposters.com/-sp/Jacksonvi...igID=50310

(12-11-2022, 07:27 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Since I used to live in Jax (and loved it) but I'm stuck up here in Maryland for now, I wanted something from Jax to put on my wall so........

I ordered this........

https://www.allposters.com/-sp/Jacksonvi...igID=50310

I’m kinda surprised they had a photo of Jacksonville’s “skyline”.  Compared to LA,NYC or Chi, the cost per building must be insane.