Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(12-22-2022, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 07:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Wife gave me an early Christmas present. Pretty cool!

[Image: 20221222-181441.jpg]

This is a good sign.. She asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her that I wanted the complete hardcover collection of Hemingway.

I have a feeling..

Love Lao Tzu btw..
Forgive my ignorance, I know Hemingway wrote books or something.  I was never a “reader”.  This Asian feller, he a book writer as well? Or is this a (sp) karma sutra thing?   Either way, things are looking up for ya.

Chinese Philosopher.. Lots of truth in his teachings. Always find a way to improve!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-22-2022, 07:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote: Forgive my ignorance, I know Hemingway wrote books or something.  I was never a “reader”.  This Asian feller, he a book writer as well? Or is this a (sp) karma sutra thing?   Either way, things are looking up for ya.

Chinese Philosopher.. Lots of truth in his teachings. Always find a way to improve!

Like the book “brown spot on the wall” by Hoo Slung Poo?

(12-22-2022, 07:51 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 07:44 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Chinese Philosopher.. Lots of truth in his teachings. Always find a way to improve!

Like the book “brown spot on the wall” by Hoo Slung Poo?

Can't tell ya, it's an ancient Chinese secret haha

I ordered that book once.. It ended up in a brown bag, on my porch and on fire.

Jacksonville Florida, December 22nd, 1989

er 22 19J89[size=1][font='Segoe UI Historic', 'Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Jacksonville Fl December 22 1989[Image: jville89.jpg][/font][/size]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

If you know holiday travel is going to be jacked to the nines with this weather system, why are you still trying to go somewhere? All that ends up happening is time and money and sanity wasted. Just stay home! I darn sure wouldn't want to spend my time in long lines with other frustrated people who are in the same situation. 

It just doesn't make sense.

(12-23-2022, 10:19 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If you know holiday travel is going to be jacked to the nines with this weather system, why are you still trying to go somewhere? All that ends up happening is time and money and sanity wasted. Just stay home! I darn sure wouldn't want to spend my time in long lines with other frustrated people who are in the same situation. 

It just doesn't make sense.

A sense of obligation and sunk costs. Some feel there is no other option. Hell or high water, they're going to be where they invested their money and effort to be.

I'm with you. Why risk sanity and safety?

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2022, 11:32 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

If nothing else I get to wear my winter Jags coach's jacket, that I've had since 1996, in this weather.

[Image: XEMVudGb18rvwAGo9]

Why can I never get the damn photo/image to insert anymore?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XEMVudGb18rvwAGo9
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-23-2022, 11:30 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If nothing else I get to wear my winter Jags coach's jacket, that I've had since 1996, in this weather.

That's a good one!

If you think you're cold, imagine what the people in Shelbyville think lolol

[Image: 20221223-122519.png]

Like, my weather thingy says it's only 18 outside right now.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(12-23-2022, 11:30 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If nothing else I get to wear my winter Jags coach's jacket, that I've had since 1996, in this weather.

Don't feel too bad, lots of men your age experience difficulty inserting it.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-23-2022, 03:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Don't feel too bad, lots of men your age experience difficulty inserting it.

What’s your excuse?

I hauled all of my large potted plants into the garage and have the calamondin tree wrapped in a tarp. I’m going to put a drop light with a 100 watt bulb in the branches to generate enough heat to hopefully keep it from freezing.

(12-23-2022, 04:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I hauled all of my large potted plants into the garage and have the calamondin tree wrapped in a tarp. I’m going to put a drop light with a 100 watt bulb in the branches to generate enough heat to hopefully keep it from freezing.

Good idea.. anything helps.

My place looks like it's decorated for Halloween with all tree ghosts.

I also got some old towels and wrapped the water line leading into the house. The old foam insulation I put on there before was deteriorating. This should do it for now.

Remember to run your water a few times throughout the night, folks. If your water line is exposed or running through a cold garage, there is a possibility of a broken pipe if the water is allowed to sit long enough. This happened to my neighbor the last time it got this cold. Water was pouring out of his garage.

Nasty accident on Ohio Turnpike

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/160639918...HykSQ&s=19

Ok.. who's gonna admit to it? 

Someone else, besides me.. 

Who's man or woman enough to own up to it?

I can't be the only one.. If I am, I may have more problems then I originally thought. 

Who else wraps Christmas presents for their pets?

I got boxes of dog bones, big dog beds, bully sticks, tennis balls, cat nip, cat toys and cat treats under the tree. 

Who else feels as insane as I do? lolol

(12-23-2022, 06:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ok.. who's gonna admit to it? 

I can't be the only one.. If I am, I may have more problems then I originally thought. 

I got boxes of dog bones, big dog beds, bully sticks, tennis balls, cat nip, cat toys and cat treats under the tree. 

Don’t wrap them.  They do however have their own stockings.

(12-23-2022, 06:52 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-23-2022, 06:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ok.. who's gonna admit to it? 

Don’t wrap them.  They do however have their own stockings.

Yup.. Ours too.

Only they share a giant one. It's maybe 3 foot..

[Image: 20221223-181756.jpg]