Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Am I the only one weary of restaurants and retailers posturing about their social causes? It's really getting old.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-28-2022, 12:07 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Am I the only one weary of restaurants and retailers posturing about their social causes? It's really getting old.

Nope.. You're not.

If I don't like their message, I shop elsewhere. No boycott necessary, they just don't get my money, that's all.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-27-2022, 10:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 08:52 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I just saw on the news that 41.9% of Americans are obese. It's going to be an even 42% once I finish all of these Christmas goodies.

LOL

I lost around 7 pounds between thanksgiving and Christmas.

Definitely regained five of them in the past 4 days.

If only someone could develop a vegetable that tasted like prime rid or chocolate cake......
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-28-2022, 01:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-27-2022, 10:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

I lost around 7 pounds between thanksgiving and Christmas.

Definitely regained five of them in the past 4 days.

If only someone could develop a vegetable that tasted like prime rid or chocolate cake......

It ain't the prime rib giving you the muffin top.

My New baby.... Placed a bid of $81 at the last second on an auction at goodwill and won....... Fedex delivered it today!

[Image: IMG_0914.JPG]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(12-28-2022, 07:16 PM)The Drifter Wrote: My New baby.... Placed a bid of $81 at the last second on an auction at goodwill and won....... Fedex delivered it today!

[Image: IMG_0914.JPG]

Nice amplifier hammer. 

-- Pete Townshend

(12-28-2022, 05:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 01:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote: If only someone could develop a vegetable that tasted like prime rid or chocolate cake......

It ain't the prime rib giving you the muffin top.

Thank God!   I had it at my parents house and had it at my house.  Plus I had leftovers.  3 days straight of that stuff.  So, pray tell, what is making me fat? I can give you a hint if need be.

(12-28-2022, 08:19 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 05:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It ain't the prime rib giving you the muffin top.

Thank God!   I had it at my parents house and had it at my house.  Plus I had leftovers.  3 days straight of that stuff.  So, pray tell, what is making me fat? I can give you a hint if need be.

Do tell.....

(12-28-2022, 11:54 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-28-2022, 08:19 PM)Jags Wrote: Thank God!   I had it at my parents house and had it at my house.  Plus I had leftovers.  3 days straight of that stuff.  So, pray tell, what is making me fat? I can give you a hint if need be.

Do tell.....

Pretty much the same as everyone this time of year. Food, drink, goodies.  But 2 weeks off on top of it.  Work keeps me fairly active.  I haven’t been that active.  Couple that with my wife being off and cooking breakfast, something I don’t normally eat.  Matter of fact we’re supposed to be going for breakfast in about an hour.  I almost look forward to going back to work next week.

[Image: bacon.jpg]

YUM! Bacon! Meat Candy!
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Oh my goodness, what is this warm sensation I’m feeling outside?

(12-30-2022, 12:08 PM)Jags Wrote: Oh my goodness, what is this warm sensation I’m feeling outside?

Is it inside your pant leg?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Good grief does the Railroad Retirement Board have some horrendous hold music. And if the past is any indication, I'll be listening to it for another hour.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-30-2022, 12:55 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 12:08 PM)Jags Wrote: Oh my goodness, what is this warm sensation I’m feeling outside?

Is it inside your pant leg?

Yeah, but, like really low.

Should I feel wrong for enjoying being at home by myself?

Wow. Just watched a clip from News4Jax regarding where to go for fireworks and the reporter was at the location the Landing used to be. Riverfront Plaza? Man, I knew the Landing was gone but I haven't seen the area since and that's just weird. It's just grass. I spent many a New Years Eve down there, and Thanksgiving Saturdays for the lighting of the Christmas tree and the boat parade. 

Another life. It's just.....wow. Strange to be at an age where I am realizing life goes on everywhere whether you're there to witness it or not. Where things you thought would last a lifetime just don't. I remember the Landing being built and thought it would always be there.

(12-31-2022, 01:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Should I feel wrong for enjoying being at home by myself?

No you shouldn't....... I've lived alone for many a moon now and I rather enjoy my solitude..... I've had a lot of problems with roommates in the past and I was married for a while..... so...... Married life wasn't bad until the wife started taking in her friends to live with us, lets just say we didn't see eye to eye on some of them being in the house

(12-31-2022, 01:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Should I feel wrong for enjoying being at home by myself?

Heck no!   I love my family, but every now and then I’ll get the house to myself for a night.  I almost treat it like a holiday.  I Buy something cool to grill or cook.  
It’s refreshing to do whatever I want and in whatever timeframe I choose.  I always lie to them and tell them I missed them.   Laughing

(12-31-2022, 01:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Wow. Just watched a clip from News4Jax regarding where to go for fireworks and the reporter was at the location the Landing used to be. Riverfront Plaza? Man, I knew the Landing was gone but I haven't seen the area since and that's just weird. It's just grass. I spent many a New Years Eve down there, and Thanksgiving Saturdays for the lighting of the Christmas tree and the boat parade. 

Another life. It's just.....wow. Strange to be at an age where I am realizing life goes on everywhere whether you're there to witness it or not. Where things you thought would last a lifetime just don't. I remember the Landing being built and thought it would always be there.

I will never not be salty about them tearing it down!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I missed the heyday of the Landing. I had been there a few times during its decline and it never impressed me. My last experience was the year I ran the Tour de Pain. The final run was a mile sizzler downtown followed by live music with free pizza and beer at the Landing. Homeless were everywhere. One tried to avail himself of the pizza and when the attendants refused him, while explaining that it was for the runners, he went into a full screaming meltdown in the middle of the crowd. Cops were standing to the side and did nothing. I knew right then I would never return to that place.