Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(01-09-2023, 11:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 11:52 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, back in my younger days I was a playa (in my 20's). Used to have a circuit of bars/clubs I would go to on different nights to scope things out. More or less, it was like sitting in a tree stand waiting for the right doe to go by. Once I locked on to a target.... it was time to take my shot. Sometimes I missed, other times it turned in to a confirmed kill.... LOL. Back in my day, you actually had to go to alot of bars, spend alot of money and buy a lot of ladies drinks before you even scored. Was it all worth the time and effort? Sometimes yes, sometimes no....... I did get a little too wasted at times and went home with Catherine Bach only to wake up with a Dr Ruth clone..... Then it was (In the immortal words of Snagglepuss)...... Exit, Stage Right!!!!!     LOL

Never hit the bar before midnight and never get too hammered. You want your pick of the litter near 2am.

The pick of the litter is long gone by 2am.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023, 10:27 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-09-2023, 09:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 11:59 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Never hit the bar before midnight and never get too hammered. You want your pick of the litter near 2am.

The pick of the litter is long gone by 2am.

Trial and error.. That always worked for me.

I mean, let's face it. When you're tryin to score at a bar, you're looking for the possible highest success rate. And that, my friend, is at 2am.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

This is just so [BLEEP] awesome..

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/161102...Cc1vQ&s=19

(01-09-2023, 10:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 09:43 PM)Sneakers Wrote: The pick of the litter is long gone by 2am.

Trial and error.. That always worked for me.

I mean, let's face it. When you're tryin to score at a bar, you're looking for the possible highest success rate. And that, my friend, is at 2am.

A 2 at 10 becomes a 10 at 2.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2023, 09:29 AM by WingerDinger. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-10-2023, 09:23 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 10:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Trial and error.. That always worked for me.

A 2 at 10 becomes a 10 at 2.

When you're looking to get laid and you go to a bar, I'm sure you're willing to substitute looks for outcome.

I mean.. It's a bar, not a beauty contest.

And notice I said "litter" lol

Recreational marijuana will be legal in Oklahoma in March.  I live less than an hour from the border.  Just thought I’d mention that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-11-2023, 11:53 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Recreational marijuana will be legal in Oklahoma in March.  I live less than an hour from the border.  Just thought I’d mention that.

When will it be legal to buy cannabis in Maryland? It will be legal for a person 21 years or older to possess and use cannabis beginning on July 1, 2023. During the 2023 legislative session (January 11 thru April 10, 2023), the Maryland General Assembly will consider a regulatory framework for the adult use market.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(01-11-2023, 11:53 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Recreational marijuana will be legal in Oklahoma in March.  I live less than an hour from the border.  Just thought I’d mention that.

(01-11-2023, 12:13 PM)The Drifter Wrote:

When will it be legal to buy cannabis in Maryland? It will be legal for a person 21 years or older to possess and use cannabis beginning on July 1, 2023. During the 2023 legislative session (January 11 thru April 10, 2023), the Maryland General Assembly will consider a regulatory framework for the adult use market.

This country needs legalized marijuana.. Not just for pain or emotional management, but because everyone is a [BLEEP] lunatic who needs to sit the [BLEEP] down and chill the [BLEEP] out!!

Colorado went that route and they’ve been having problems.

(01-11-2023, 01:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Colorado went that route and they’ve been having problems.

Well there are currently 21 states that have gone that route plus another 16 that have legalized it for medicinal purposes, so that’s 37.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 02:24 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Another grueling day at the office.

[Image: 53-B05-FC7-57-BA-4446-85-B2-B0-B9-C8-A4-A5-C2.jpg]

Well I've decided I hate working on my house. I'll fix cars all day but damn it fixing the house sucks. Started with cabinets for the wife snow balled into ripping down all mobile home panels rewired all the electrical outlets in the kitchen new light fixtures new drywall and insulation on the exterior wall. I feel like a bolt broke in the head when doing a simple thermostat housing this [BLEEP] sucks.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-11-2023, 03:22 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Well I've decided I hate working on my house. I'll fix cars all day but damn it fixing the house sucks. Started with cabinets for the wife snow balled into ripping down all mobile home panels rewired all the electrical outlets in the kitchen new light fixtures new drywall and insulation on the exterior wall. I feel like a bolt broke in the head when doing a simple thermostat housing this [BLEEP] sucks.

Gotta fix the house man. That's a huge investment, usually the most expensive thing someone will ever own. I'd rather live in a nice house and drive a piece of trash car.. But that's just me.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2023, 06:54 PM by Jags.)

(01-11-2023, 03:22 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Well I've decided I hate working on my house. I'll fix cars all day but damn it fixing the house sucks. Started with cabinets for the wife snow balled into ripping down all mobile home panels rewired all the electrical outlets in the kitchen new light fixtures new drywall and insulation on the exterior wall. I feel like a bolt broke in the head when doing a simple thermostat housing this [BLEEP] sucks.
I feel your pain.  I have my brother plus others coming to town this weekend.  I happen to be off this week.  wife also happened to want to paint the house.  Guess what! I’ve got two days to paint the [BLEEP] house.  She was ready to pay 4700 to have it done a month or so ago. I thought that was ridiculous.   Now we have company coming.  I spent 570 at sherwin Williams today for paint alone!!   I also enlisted the help from a couple employees.  It’ll get done.  Comes out of my pocket though.  Idk how it goes from her wanting to pay someone to me doing it and also paying a couple employees to bail me out and help.  So I expect to be out close to a thousand.  And I [BLEEP] hate painting!!!With a [BLEEP] passion!  As long as the wife is happy?   Idk, between you and I, my patience are wearing thin with this chick.

I think my wife owes me money. I may just send her an invoice.

(01-11-2023, 03:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Gotta fix the house man. That's a huge investment, usually the most expensive thing someone will ever own. I'd rather live in a nice house and drive a piece of trash car.. But that's just me.

Definitely have to but it still sucks got all the outlets rewired today so next day off in two weeks I can put up new installation and hang drywall

(01-11-2023, 07:17 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 03:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Gotta fix the house man. That's a huge investment, usually the most expensive thing someone will ever own. I'd rather live in a nice house and drive a piece of trash car.. But that's just me.

Definitely have to but it still sucks got all the outlets rewired today so next day off in two weeks I can put up new installation and hang drywall

That I agree with.. Hangin drywall isn't usually difficult or expensive, especially if ya do it yourself..

But I don't mess with the electricity lol

Not me dude.. I'm not confident enough in my electrical skills.

(01-11-2023, 07:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 07:17 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Definitely have to but it still sucks got all the outlets rewired today so next day off in two weeks I can put up new installation and hang drywall

That I agree with.. Hangin drywall isn't usually difficult or expensive, especially if ya do it yourself..

I'm fine with electric just make sure breakers off lol

(01-11-2023, 07:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 07:17 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Definitely have to but it still sucks got all the outlets rewired today so next day off in two weeks I can put up new installation and hang drywall

I hear ya!  Especially if it burn the house down and the insurance company finds out that the electrical work wasn't done by a certified electrician.  No point risking no insurance to save a few bucks.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

Well, it's my last day in Jax (for this trip), my Amtrak leaves at around 11:00pm so........ Today is more or less getting everything packed up and ready to depart. I did get to go to some of my old haunts and have some fun. Hung out with the ex-wife and had a nice dinner or 2 with her, we're having one last dinner tonight before I depart, she says that on Thursdays that the Orange Park Fish House has a $20 lobster special dinner so we're going to go there. The hunt for a place down here was not successful this trip but, I'll still be looking online once I get back to Maryland and emailing/calling some of these places. I'll be back in Jax on 2/12 and continue the hunt. You never know what the cards have in store for you......... Anyway, had a great time as usual down here, I just love the area and the people here, let's hope I can make it my permanent residence in the near future.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(01-11-2023, 06:53 PM)Jags Wrote:
I feel your pain.  I have my brother plus others coming to town this weekend.  I happen to be off this week.  wife also happened to want to paint the house.  Guess what! I’ve got two days to paint the [BLEEP] house.  She was ready to pay 4700 to have it done a month or so ago. I thought that was ridiculous.   Now we have company coming.  I spent 570 at sherwin Williams today for paint alone!!   I also enlisted the help from a couple employees.  It’ll get done.  Comes out of my pocket though.  Idk how it goes from her wanting to pay someone to me doing it and also paying a couple employees to bail me out and help.  So I expect to be out close to a thousand.  And I [BLEEP] hate painting!!!With a [BLEEP] passion!  As long as the wife is happy?   Idk, between you and I, my patience are wearing thin with this chick.

I think my wife owes me money.  I may just send her an invoice.

Hey, I've seen that movie.  The housewife doesn't have money for the contractor, and she has to pay another way.