Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(01-24-2023, 07:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-23-2023, 11:49 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Newspaper article from 60 years ago, 4/18/63..... Sort of blows the mind..... But then again, I remember something my 4th grade teacher said.... That in the future, we really will not need to carry cash, everything will be on a little card.......

[Image: FNP60.png]

Many, many moons ago I remember telling a buddy that one day there would be no cassette tapes as we sat in his car listening to tunes and, um, partaking. All the music would be stored in the radio. He told me I was smoking something.

When I was in elementary school, credit cards were standard, even though most places still took an impression of the numbers on carbon paper instead of reading the magnetic stripe.  I remember a teacher predicted that the next step after credit cards would be an implant we would get in our fingers, that if we tapped the finger to a sensor, that would be payment.
She wasn't totally off, now we have tap to pay! Not sure where she got the idea of everyone signing up to get an implant though.  Maybe the last book of the Bible? Not sure.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2023, 09:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-24-2023, 07:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Many, many moons ago I remember telling a buddy that one day there would be no cassette tapes as we sat in his car listening to tunes and, um, partaking. All the music would be stored in the radio. He told me I was smoking something.

When I was in elementary school, credit cards were standard, even though most places still took an impression of the numbers on carbon paper instead of reading the magnetic stripe.  I remember a teacher predicted that the next step after credit cards would be an implant we would get in our fingers, that if we tapped the finger to a sensor, that would be payment.
She wasn't totally off, now we have tap to pay! Not sure where she got the idea of everyone signing up to get an implant though.  Maybe the last book of the Bible? Not sure.

The mark of the beast!!

(01-29-2023, 09:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/SouthlandPost/status...du6pA&s=19

Yikes..

My wife made a huge pot of chili.

That could happen here in the next couple of days.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-29-2023, 09:14 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 09:01 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/SouthlandPost/status...du6pA&s=19

Yikes..

My wife made a huge pot of chili.

The wife's famous Flame Thrower Chili?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-29-2023, 09:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 09:14 PM)RicoTx Wrote: My wife made a huge pot of chili.

The wife's famous Flame Thrower Chili?

I just need to stay away from open flames after consuming it…

So I had a new call yesterday. Hadn't heard this bit before. A guy from "The Publisher's Clearing House" called me an said that I had won a prize. I found that interesting sincfe I had never entered.

But hey, it sounded legit so I gave him my bank account and routing number so I could collect my prize.

I can't wait!

Sounds like a fair tradeoff.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Had a Dr appointment today. I walk in and immediately am “Hard stared” at by two in the waiting room. Yes, I’m gorgeous, mind your own. I normally consider myself observant, very observant. But these two [BLEEP] holes keep taking my eye. Of course, I look over and they look away. Nurse comes out asking for a female, weird, just us 3 dudes left. Ohhhhh…. That one was a girl. Ok. They were super old. I’m guessing she had had cancer. Not a big deal. Best of luck on your visit my creepy dear! That’s when the (now I am 99.9999% sure) the other man tells the nurse that the patient was hard of hearing and asked if the service dog can go in.

[BLEEP]???? There’s been a freaking border collie here the whole time? Second of all, how the [BLEEP] does this service dog relay the audible responses back to this hearing impaired not a man? Does he sign to her?

Me thinks, they just bought a leash that said service dog. And they should mind their own business.

(01-31-2023, 10:50 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So I had a new call yesterday.  Hadn't heard this bit before.  A guy from "The Publisher's Clearing House" called me an said that I had won a prize.  I found that interesting sincfe I had never entered.

But hey, it sounded legit so I gave him my bank account and routing number so I could collect my prize. 

I can't wait!

Hey, Mr. Rico, your prize has been shipped, absolutely free, and all you have to do is pay is the state sales tax when it arrives.  My sales manager also said that because you've been such a great customer for so many years, we can give you the extra Tax Promotion bonus award.  We'll electronically pay the sales tax for you right now!  All you need to do is give us your SSN and we'll take care of everything else.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-31-2023, 10:50 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So I had a new call yesterday.  Hadn't heard this bit before.  A guy from "The Publisher's Clearing House" called me an said that I had won a prize.  I found that interesting sincfe I had never entered.

I can't wait!

I thought the proper protocol was that they come to your house with balloons and an oversized check when they ask for your bank info.

Welp, I had a nice run. But this past week has been pretty [BLEEP] to say the absolute least.

(01-31-2023, 07:02 PM)Jags Wrote: Had a Dr appointment today.  I walk in and immediately am “Hard stared” at by two in the waiting room.  Yes, I’m gorgeous, mind your own.  I normally consider myself observant, very observant.  But these two [BLEEP] holes keep taking my eye.  Of course, I look over and they look away.  Nurse comes out asking for a female, weird, just us 3 dudes left.  Ohhhhh…. That one was a girl.  Ok.  They were super old.  I’m guessing she had had cancer. Not a big deal.  Best of luck on your visit my creepy dear!  That’s when the (now I am 99.9999% sure) the other man tells the nurse that the patient was hard of hearing and asked if the service dog can go in. 

[BLEEP]???? There’s been a freaking border collie here the whole time?  Second of all, how the [BLEEP] does this service dog relay the audible responses back to this hearing impaired not a man?  Does he sign to her? 

Me thinks, they just bought a leash that said service dog.  And they should mind their own business.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, two guys (one of whom wants to be a woman) were checking you out and while they were staring, it got hard?

Dell Computers systems, Been using them for over 20 years, usually a refurb with no problem. Bought a new one in August 2022, been a problem since day 1. Service call "Fixed" the problem once. Same problem popped back up recent now Dell refuses to chat with me (I'm deaf). After spending almost $1,700 on a new Dell, and with Dell not willing to correct the problem it seems. I will do everything within my power to do legally to discourage people from buying any Dell products. Dell quality seems to have been getting worse over time. With my experience with this new Dell, I've determined that they are pieces of total [BLEEP] that even their reps don't want to deal with.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(02-01-2023, 09:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 07:02 PM)Jags Wrote: Had a Dr appointment today.  I walk in and immediately am “Hard stared” at by two in the waiting room.  Yes, I’m gorgeous, mind your own.  I normally consider myself observant, very observant.  But these two [BLEEP] holes keep taking my eye.  Of course, I look over and they look away.  Nurse comes out asking for a female, weird, just us 3 dudes left.  Ohhhhh…. That one was a girl.  Ok.  They were super old.  I’m guessing she had had cancer. Not a big deal.  Best of luck on your visit my creepy dear!  That’s when the (now I am 99.9999% sure) the other man tells the nurse that the patient was hard of hearing and asked if the service dog can go in. 

[BLEEP]???? There’s been a freaking border collie here the whole time?  Second of all, how the [BLEEP] does this service dog relay the audible responses back to this hearing impaired not a man?  Does he sign to her? 

Me thinks, they just bought a leash that said service dog.  And they should mind their own business.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, two guys (one of whom wants to be a woman) were checking you out and while they were staring, it got hard?

Laughing

(02-01-2023, 09:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Well, if either were sub 70 they probably would’ve gotten rigid. I consider myself a hottie.  But the “lady” obviously had cancer. Short hair, a bajillion years old…  Blah blah.  I won’t be long after her.  6’1” and 195 but yet still high Bp/cholesterol and pre-diabetic!!   Was told I’d have a heart attack within 10 years. So whatever.  And that’s just the “long term” problems. I’ll follow drs orders. My biggest goal in life is to walk my daughter down the aisle and hopefully play with grandkids, unlike either of my grand fathers.  She didn’t even care about my drinking (which she’s aware of).

(02-02-2023, 08:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Interesting. 

US tracking large Chinese spy balloon flying across the country, officials say (msn.com)

[Image: AA173bj4.img?w=768&h=576&m=6]

Shoot it down, salvage the wreckage and study the technology.  Hopefully crack the security protocol.

US tracking large Chinese spy balloon flying across the country, officials say (msn.com)

This has got to be a joke. If not, and this is the best that the CCP can do per spying, then we are light years ahead in this arena.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-03-2023, 11:36 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

This has got to be a joke.  If not, and this is the best that the CCP can do per spying, then we are light years ahead in this arena.

Believe it or not, they said this has happened several times in past administrations, but this is the only time it’s been discussed publicly. They say the Chinese can glean more information using their spy satellites and speculate this is only a message they are sending. 

Whatever the reason, I’m sure it’s being studied closely. I would be shocked if they aren’t doing spectrum analysis on this to see what it is transmitting and where. Something like this would have to have a transmitter sending occasional, or real time information, to a satellite. They are most likely studying that signal to see what it looks like. I know that’s what I’d do.