Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Y’all going to take your kids out to see “Cocaine Bear” when it comes out to theaters on the 24th?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-06-2023, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: Y’all going to take your kids out to see “Cocaine Bear” when it comes out to theaters on the 24th?

My youngest is 19, so I really can't help much here.  

P.S.  How do you make a whole movie about a bear overdosing on cocaine?  Did it start going wrong as a cub, pilfering campsites for pot brownies?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-06-2023, 10:12 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-06-2023, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: Y’all going to take your kids out to see “Cocaine Bear” when it comes out to theaters on the 24th?

My youngest is 19, so I really can't help much here.  

P.S.  How do you make a whole movie about a bear overdosing on cocaine?  Did it start going wrong as a cub, pilfering campsites for pot brownies?

Yogi and Boo Boo got ahold of a wrong picnic basket and it went down hill from there!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I'm subject to random drug testing at work so I'm only going if I can get my BAC up to 0.20% prior to entering the cinema.

(02-07-2023, 03:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

I'm subject to random drug testing at work so I'm only going if I can get my BAC up to 0.20% prior to entering the cinema.

Just don’t be like my grandpa.  He also drank a lot.  He died in his sleep.  The others in the car weren’t as fortunate.

I’m guessing this was the big flash I saw overnight after the huge boom that scared the [BLEEP] out of the dogs, during the thunderstorm.

[Image: 7690-EB67-FF71-48-D1-927-F-D03-D0865-E015.jpg]
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2023, 11:09 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-07-2023, 06:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/MAstronomers/status/...ia0rA&s=19

It's fun to see all this effort to 'prove' that at some point there was organic life on Mars. It will be a huge help in establishing a working atmosphere and biological infrastructure that will one day support organic life as we know it. I'd set the over/under as maybe 50,000 years. Or, we could just work to fix Earth as designed with whatever means we have in our power.

And of course, there's always the problem of gravity, or lack thereof. Spend too much time getting to and on Mars, and your body will have lost so much muscle mass and bone that it becomes a one-way trip.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-08-2023, 11:01 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 06:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/MAstronomers/status/...ia0rA&s=19

It's fun to see all this effort to 'prove' that at some point there was organic life on Mars.  It will be a huge help in establishing a working atmosphere and biological infrastructure that will one day support organic life as we know it.  I'd set the over/under as maybe 50,000 years.  Or, we could just work to fix Earth as designed with whatever means we have in our power.

And of course, there's always the problem of gravity, or lack thereof.  Spend too much time getting to and on Mars, and your body will have lost so much muscle mass and bone that it becomes a one-way trip.

Daily exercise mostly mitigates bone and muscle loss. Long term exposure to cosmic radiation is the largest factor limiting deep space travel and living on a planet without a strong magnetic field. 

Water is one of the best shielding materials from cosmic radiation, but heavy. In order to conserve volume and weight, the crew’s water supply is used for this purpose. However, as that is depleted, waste matter is recycled as shielding. Urine can be recycled for drinking water and shielding while fecal matter (high in water content) is encapsulated and added to the spacecraft’s structure. 

They’ll be zooming through space in a sewer pipe.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2023, 12:21 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-08-2023, 11:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 11:01 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: It's fun to see all this effort to 'prove' that at some point there was organic life on Mars.  It will be a huge help in establishing a working atmosphere and biological infrastructure that will one day support organic life as we know it.  I'd set the over/under as maybe 50,000 years.  Or, we could just work to fix Earth as designed with whatever means we have in our power.

And of course, there's always the problem of gravity, or lack thereof.  Spend too much time getting to and on Mars, and your body will have lost so much muscle mass and bone that it becomes a one-way trip.

Daily exercise mostly mitigates bone and muscle loss. Long term exposure to cosmic radiation is the largest factor limiting deep space travel and living on a planet without a strong magnetic field. 

Water is one of the best shielding materials from cosmic radiation, but heavy. In order to conserve volume and weight, the crew’s water supply is used for this purpose. However, as that is depleted, waste matter is recycled as shielding. Urine can be recycled for drinking water and shielding while fecal matter (high in water content) is encapsulated and added to the spacecraft’s structure. 

3 hours of daily exercise. I'm sure everyone will be on board with that.

Not sure you were trying to help prove my point here with all the fecal and urinary examples, and cancer-inducing radiation, but if so, gracias.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

A friend and I went to one of those all you can eat places the other day........ He got a certified letter in the mail yesterday saying he's been red flagged by the plumbers union.............
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(02-08-2023, 12:21 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 11:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Daily exercise mostly mitigates bone and muscle loss. Long term exposure to cosmic radiation is the largest factor limiting deep space travel and living on a planet without a strong magnetic field. 

3 hours of daily exercise.  I'm sure everyone will be on board with that.

Not sure you were trying to help prove my point here with all the fecal and urinary examples, and cancer-inducing radiation, but if so, gracias.

It's not like astronauts have a choice. If they're not onboard with the prescribed routine, they're not onboard at all.

(02-08-2023, 10:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’m guessing this was the big flash I saw overnight after the huge boom that scared the [BLEEP] out of the dogs, during the thunderstorm.

I believe the flash occurs before (not after) the big boom, in thunderstorms as well as....................other activities.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-08-2023, 08:08 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 10:02 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’m guessing this was the big flash I saw overnight after the huge boom that scared the [BLEEP] out of the dogs, during the thunderstorm.

I believe the flash occurs before (not after) the big boom, in thunderstorms as well as....................other activities.

That is right Neil.

WHEN RAQUEL WELCH AUDITIONED FOR THE ROLE OF MARY ANN ON GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

[Image: rw.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(02-09-2023, 02:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: WHEN RAQUEL WELCH AUDITIONED FOR THE ROLE OF MARY ANN ON GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

Too glamourous to play Mary Ann. They got it right with Dawn Wells. And per the age old question: Ginger or Mary Ann? It's Mary Ann.

(02-09-2023, 02:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: WHEN RAQUEL WELCH AUDITIONED FOR THE ROLE OF MARY ANN ON GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

That was one sexy woman..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-09-2023, 02:30 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 02:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: WHEN RAQUEL WELCH AUDITIONED FOR THE ROLE OF MARY ANN ON GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

Too glamourous to play Mary Ann.  They got it right with Dawn Wells.  And per the age old question: Ginger or Mary Ann?  It's Mary Ann.

#itwasalwaysmaryann

Man. Those pictures and videos coming out of Turkey and Syria are hard to see. I can't even imagine the devastation in real life. I saw video of a newborn with the umbilical cord still attached being rescued. She was the only survivor of her family.

One of my favorite movies of all times is Kelly's Heros (1970). The one character I always related to was Oddball...... Genuine Nut just like me........

[Image: oddball.jpg]