Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Anyone seen the new Doritos that came out? They're called Doritos Minis and they come in like a Pringles Can. My wife bought me one when she went shopping and when I opened them up and looked, I realized something..

It's all nothing but the broken pieces from the bottom of a normal bag of Doritos lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-27-2023, 03:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone seen the new Doritos that came out? They're called Doritos Minis and they come in like a Pringles Can. My wife bought me one when she went shopping and when I opened them up and looked, I realized something..

It's all nothing but the broken pieces from the bottom of a normal bag of Doritos lolol

No I haven’t.  But… quick question my friend.

As a formal Bostonian, how do they pronounce “Artistic”?    I was thinking about a Bostonian bragging about their kid and wondered how it would come off to others.

(02-27-2023, 07:25 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-27-2023, 03:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone seen the new Doritos that came out? They're called Doritos Minis and they come in like a Pringles Can. My wife bought me one when she went shopping and when I opened them up and looked, I realized something..

No I haven’t.  But… quick question my friend.

As a formal Bostonian, how do they pronounce “Artistic”?    I was thinking about a Bostonian bragging about their kid and wondered how it would come off to others.

Awe-tistik.. No R..

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2023, 09:12 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-27-2023, 08:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-27-2023, 07:25 PM)Jags Wrote: No I haven’t.  But… quick question my friend.

Awe-tistik.. No R..
That would’ve been my guess.  How do they differentiate between autistic and artistic?

See? “Ahh my kid is so awe-tistic, you can see what he can do!”

(02-27-2023, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-27-2023, 08:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Awe-tistik.. No R..
That would’ve been my guess.  How do they differentiate between autistic and artistic?

See? “Ahh my kid is so awe-tistic, you can see what he can do!”

Good question haha

To be honest, a lot of great artists were autistic.

Michelangelo   Cool

I was only in Mass for I think about 5 years, give or take. That still makes me a greenie lol

What did you do in Boston?  (When you weren't at the Golden Banana).
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Just had to contact the BBB, this [BLEEP] System Dell sold me is acting up with the same problem they "Fixed" Tried to contact Dell again and they will not respond to my emails so.....
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2023, 06:40 PM by Jags.)

(02-28-2023, 09:50 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

What did you do in Boston?  (When you weren't at the Golden Banana).
I’ve never been to Boston.  I was asking winger because I know he did time there.

Btw, don’t ever go to conjunctivitis.com. That is a site for sore eyes.

(02-28-2023, 06:39 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 09:50 AM)Sneakers Wrote: What did you do in Boston?  (When you weren't at the Golden Banana).
I’ve never been to Boston.  I was asking winger because I know he did time there.

Btw, don’t ever go to conjunctivitis.com.  That is a site for sore eyes.

And it was some pretty harsh time haha

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2023, 08:01 PM by The Drifter.)

Found some very interesting trivia, here's one of the weider ones....... I hope they have good toilets in space......... LOL

5. NASA Contractor
Slices of bread aren’t a good choice for astronauts, since bread sends messy crumbs everywhere. You know what works much better? Tortillas. Specifically, tortillas supplied by Taco Bell.

Here is the rest of the list: https://www.cracked.com/article_37187_15...91cqLSNMQs
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

This is funny. You have to hand it to them for inventiveness. 

https://youtu.be/-Yy4QXJqFmE

(03-05-2023, 01:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is funny. You have to hand it to them for inventiveness. 

https://youtu.be/-Yy4QXJqFmE

Very Original and unusual marketing for a job listing....... But if it's effective...... Why Not?

He looks stupid, now. Yet he still complains about the circumstances when he was the one who created them. I'm know I'm going to sound like a bitter old man, but this guy's reaction beautifully encapsulates today's young generation. 

Fleeing Florida motorcyclist flips off police before getting hit by truck (msn.com)

...Richardson miraculously survived the crash and briefly attempted to run on foot before he was apprehended by police.
On body camera footage released by the Volusia County Sheriff's Office, Richardson is seen writhing on the ground and telling deputies he is in a lot of pain.
"I'm hurt," Richardson is heard saying as he lies on the ground while deputies handcuff him.
"Idiot," one of the deputies said.
"I know," Richardson responded.
After deputies handcuffed him, Richardson is heard in bodycam footage complaining with police.
"You know how your leg doesn't get hurt?" one of the deputies asked. "You don't run from the cops and crash your bike."
"Do you think this is funny?" Richardson asked.
"No, I don't think it's funny. It's incredibly stupid," another deputy responded.

"We're being chased by 12 cops in the middle of nowhere. What am I supposed to do?" Richardson asked.
"Stop and figure out why we're chasing you," the deputies stated...

Be careful of that gata knocking’ at yo do’.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023...tification

Here's a weird thought: If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?’

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2023, 11:53 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-06-2023, 03:00 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Here's a weird thought: If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?’

It won't matter. You will be approaching infinite mass at that point and everything will bounce off of you anyway.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-06-2023, 11:52 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 03:00 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Here's a weird thought: If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?’

It won't matter.  You will be approaching infinite mass at that point and everything will bounce off of you anyway.

The infinite mass phenomenon can be observed at any Walmart on a Saturday afternoon.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Neil Degrasse Tyson can be a self-righteous bloviator, but he is a good science communicator. If you’re so inclined, look up his description of the triple point of water. He makes it all so dramatically riveting.

https://youtube.com/shorts/5qe6RVsPsFA?feature=share

(03-08-2023, 08:37 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Neil Degrasse Tyson can be a self-righteous bloviator, but he is a good science communicator. If you’re so inclined, look up his description of the triple point of water. He makes it all so dramatically riveting.

https://youtube.com/shorts/5qe6RVsPsFA?feature=share

This. He does have a sense of humor, and makes the material approachable.

Just finished a re-listen on Hawking's Cambridge lectures and he was also very good at using everyday experiences to relate to astrophysical concepts, which made really heady stuff easy to digest.