Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(04-02-2023, 09:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: So long Virgin Orbital. I never saw this as a viable model. It was a plaything for the extremely wealthy. 

Jeff Bezos's flying [BLEEP] is pretty much the same thing buy he has diversified his space business model enough to at least keep its head above water.  

Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Orbit Collapses (msn.com)

I was watching their stock last week.  It closed Friday at $0.20/share (To the distinct background notes of Taps)
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2023, 12:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Kind of a tough day today.. Been a full year since my mom passed away from cancer. Lost my mom, dad, brother and grandparents. Almost died, myself.. Without my wife by my side, I probably would have given up and died too..

I'm the Last of the Mohicans.. And I still say [BLEEP] YOU, Death!!

YOU CAN'T KILL THE DINGER!!!

Edit: I came back to say [BLEEP] YOU, DEATH!! again.. Because [BLEEP] Death, that's why..

big middle finger to cancer, so say we all.

I remember one time this beautiful woman came up to me and asked me if I wanted to play Doctor............ I said YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Then she had me sit in the waiting room for 2 hours............ LOL
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

A hillbilly went hunting one day in West Virginia and bagged three ducks. He put them in the bed of his pickup truck and was about to drive home where he was confronted by an ornery game warden who didn’t like hillbillies. The game warden ordered the hillbilly to show his hunting license, and the hillbilly pulled out a valid West Virginia hunting license. The game warden looked at the license, then reached over and picked up one of the ducks, sniffed its butt, and said, “This duck ain’t from West Virginia. This is a Kentucky duck. You got a Kentuckey huntin’ license, boy?” The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced a Kentucky hunting license.
The game warden looked at it, then reached over and grabbed the second duck, sniffed its butt, and said, “This ain’t no Kentucky duck. These ducks are from Tennessee. You got a Tennessee license?”
The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced a Tennessee license. The warden then reached over and picked up the third duck, sniffed its butt, and said "This ain’t no Tennessee duck. This here ducks from Virginia. You got Virginia. huntin’ license?”
Again, the hillbilly reached into his wallet and brought out Virginia. hunting license. The game warden was extremely frustrated at this point, and he yelled at the hillbilly “Just where the hell are you from?
“The hillbilly turned around, bent over, dropped his pants, and said “You tell me, you’re the expert!!”
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Got a call from corporate today, they're flying me up to Ohio for a 2nd round of interviews/not interviews, but training for maybe interviews in the future. Last guy went up three times before they told him to apply for a district managers position. I'm not sure I want to do anymore then run my shop but figured it's a good idea to at least accept the invitations when they come calling. First step would be a traveling position which doesn't sound to bad, but then we have to relocate when I get assigned a permanent district. I'm getting older and getting out of the shop every day sounds nice, and the money's definitely good but the whole you go where we send you if you take this position makes me nervous.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

HARD TIMES….
https://anodtothegods.com/?p=36010

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Why do they only put out Cadbury Creme Eggs around Easter?

I mean, seriously.. That's kinda jackassy. They get you hooked on them and then take em away.

I'm ready to go to court over this. Cadbury Creme Eggs should be part of the Food Pyramid.

It's still a Pyramid, right?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

See the Mars helicopter fly. They should have dubbed 'The Ride of the Valkyries' to this video. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolog...5802&ei=16

(04-12-2023, 09:41 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Holy cow!

Texas dairy explosion leaves at least 18,000 cattle dead, 1 person critically injured | Fox News

Pun intended?

Where's the beef? (now)
Instant barbeque.........they do everything bigger in Texas.
Sorry, no medium rare today.

"It's a suicide mission!"

"Life is a suicide mission." 

A couple of lines from Robert Downey Jr's new limited series, The Sympathizer, on HBO about spies from North Korea coming to the U.S. based on a book. 

Interesting way to see life but I guess that would be par for the course if you're a spy in a foreign country.

I Posted this as a response to something my Daughter wrote to me on FB, but I think it should be sound advice for us all as we go through life.....
Quoting from a song in the Rocky Horror Picture Show........ Time is fleeting........ It passes so quickly that you never even realize just how fast it has passed until something brings back a specific memory from that period in time. Maybe we live our lives a little to fast at times, and maybe, just maybe, we better stop and smell the roses at times while we still have the chance to do so........ Always be willing to take some chance you've been wanting to take in life, because if you don't, the next thing you know you'll be in a nursing home wondering, even regretting, not taking that chance when you had the opportunity........

Truth. I'm realizing the older I get the faster time seems to go by. Even daily when I sit down to eat supper I feel like I just started my day. I try to make sure I do one specific thing every day that I really enjoy, even if it's just spending 10 minutes watching the birds in my yard and listening for the hummingbirds to come to the feeder.

(04-14-2023, 05:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Truth. I'm realizing the older I get the faster time seems to go by. Even daily when I sit down to eat supper I feel like I just started my day. I try to make sure I do one specific thing every day that I really enjoy, even if it's just spending 10 minutes watching the birds in my yard and listening for the hummingbirds to come to the feeder.

It probably is after you empty that wine cask every night.   

Tongue

(04-14-2023, 09:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-14-2023, 05:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Truth. I'm realizing the older I get the faster time seems to go by. Even daily when I sit down to eat supper I feel like I just started my day. I try to make sure I do one specific thing every day that I really enjoy, even if it's just spending 10 minutes watching the birds in my yard and listening for the hummingbirds to come to the feeder.

It probably is after you empty that wine cask every night.   

Tongue

If I could still drink alcohol it would be honey whiskey or Guinness Extra Stout. Wine is for lightweights.  Big Grin  Though a good Port wine has its place in the world.

An old married couple no sooner hit the pillows when the old man passes gas and says, 'Seven Points.'
His wife rolls over and says, 'What in the world was that?' The old man replied, 'its fart football.'
A few minutes later his wife lets one go and says, 'Touchdown, tie score...'
After about five minutes the old man lets another one go and says, 'Aha. I'm ahead 14 to 7.'
Not to be outdone the wife rips out another one and says, 'Touchdown, tie score.'
Five seconds go by and she lets out a little squeaker and says, 'Field goal, I lead 17 to 14.' Now the pressure is on for the old man.
He refuses to get beaten by a woman, so he strains real hard.
Since defeat is totally unacceptable, he gives it everything he's got, and accidentally poops in the bed.
The wife says, 'What the hell was that?'
The old man says, 'Half time, switch sides

I feel this also, and in always freaking tired. It's like damn I really just can't get enough sleep.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Questions that need answers.......

When is the employee Christmas party for self checkout at Walmart?????????

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2023, 09:38 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-01-2023, 12:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Kind of a tough day today.. Been a full year since my mom passed away from cancer. Lost my mom, dad, brother and grandparents. Almost died, myself.. Without my wife by my side, I probably would have given up and died too..

I'm the Last of the Mohicans.. And I still say [BLEEP] YOU, Death!!

YOU CAN'T KILL THE DINGER!!!

Edit: I came back to say [BLEEP] YOU, DEATH!! again.. Because [BLEEP] Death, that's why

Per death, i think you know a guy...
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I try to do that too, but my wife isn't always in the mood.