Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(05-14-2023, 07:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 12:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm in the mountains for the weekend and right up the road is the Jerky Outpost. It's a magical place where there is a variety of jerkys and even a Jerky of the Month club. There is a house for sale a mile away. If I could buy that house I would be in so much trouble.

I’m in the Kentucky mountains for the weekend. All I’ve seen so far is mountains and meth. Laughing

So sorry!  Laughing

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-14-2023, 10:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 07:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’m in the Kentucky mountains for the weekend. All I’ve seen so far is mountains and meth. Laughing

So sorry!  Laughing

Mountains, meth and cousins…lots and lots of cousins. My Kentucky born mother has 30 first cousins on her moms side alone. 20 on her dads. We had a family reunion n Cumberland Gap this weekend, having that much family around at once is kinda scary.  Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I used to want to live in the mountains. My latest trip to blue ridge cured me of that. Not sure I can deal with the “locals”. The meth vibe was super heavy. Cured me of wanting to live up there. My [BLEEP] belongs in FL.

(05-15-2023, 09:15 PM)Jags Wrote: I used to want to live in the mountains.  My latest trip to blue ridge cured me of that.  Not sure I can deal with the “locals”. The meth vibe was super heavy.  Cured me of wanting to live up there.  My [BLEEP] belongs in FL.

Mine too!

I wasn't in the meth mountain section. It was Banner Elk where me and the other ladies in the family went for mother's day weekend. Boone is relatively close. My in-laws won't go too deep into the Blue Ridge scene. I can't say I would want to either.

I'd live in the mountains if I had my way.

(05-15-2023, 06:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 10:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So sorry!  Laughing

Mountains, meth and cousins…lots and lots of cousins. My Kentucky born mother has 30 first cousins on her moms side alone. 20 on her dads. We had a family reunion n Cumberland Gap this weekend, having that much family around at once is kinda scary.  Ninja

sounds like y'all could fill the gap with that many kinfolk

Not sure if this should post in here, or the golf thread, or the booze thread, but I'm headed out to play golf with Rico and friends for a few days.

Please pray for my liver.

(05-16-2023, 09:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not sure if this should post in here, or the golf thread, or the booze thread, but I'm headed out to play golf with Rico and friends for a few days.

Probably wouldn’t hurt to add a Dallas area bail bondsman into your phone contacts.

(05-16-2023, 10:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-16-2023, 09:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not sure if this should post in here, or the golf thread, or the booze thread, but I'm headed out to play golf with Rico and friends for a few days.

Probably wouldn’t hurt to add a Dallas area bail bondsman into your phone contacts.

I second this!

Definitely not a big drinker anymore, but the wife and I went out to this new Mexican restaurant here in The Cove.. Great food and fast service! Had a few margaritas at Mariachis!

Good stuff!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-17-2023, 09:52 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Definitely not a big drinker anymore, but the wife and I went out to this new Mexican restaurant here in The Cove.. Great food and fast service! Had a few margaritas at Mariachis!

Good stuff!

I like Mexican food, but it seems like all Mexican restaurants serve exactly the same food.  They put the exact same chips on the table with the exact same dipping sauce.  There must be a factory where they make all the Mexican food for all the Mexican restaurants, because it's all exactly identical.  What's the point of going to a new Mexican restaurant to experience the exact same food as another one?  

And yet people keep inviting me and the wife to go experience whatever new Mexican restaurant has popped up, and it's always the same as all the other Mexican restaurants we go to.  I'm not complaining; I love beans and rice, but damn, it's not any different from the other Mexican restaurants in town.

(05-18-2023, 06:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 09:52 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Definitely not a big drinker anymore, but the wife and I went out to this new Mexican restaurant here in The Cove.. Great food and fast service! Had a few margaritas at Mariachis!

Good stuff!

I like Mexican food, but it seems like all Mexican restaurants serve exactly the same food.  They put the exact same chips on the table with the exact same dipping sauce.  There must be a factory where they make all the Mexican food for all the Mexican restaurants, because it's all exactly identical.  What's the point of going to a new Mexican restaurant to experience the exact same food as another one?  

And yet people keep inviting me and the wife to go experience whatever new Mexican restaurant has popped up, and it's always the same as all the other Mexican restaurants we go to.  I'm not complaining; I love beans and rice, but damn, it's not any different from the other Mexican restaurants in town.

Cold hard fact. I’ve eaten at a few which stood out, but by and large this is the truth.
And most rarely season their food enough.

Good stuff!

This is why I love the Korean-Mexican fusion place here in town. Bulgogi taco? yes please.

Good stuff!

That's definitely true.. But, I can say that they cook their beef a bit differently than some of the other Mexican restaurants we've been to around town. They cook their ground beef for their dishes down to extremely fine pieces.. I guess the best comparison would be fine as course sand. Very fine beef.. Not overpowering with the Mexican spices either. That's always been a problem for me.. A little goes a long way. I can only speak for their beef though, since I've only been there once so far.. Oh, their chips are much different too, you can tell they're homemade and pretty thick. Like they intended on them not breaking when ordering nachos or filling them up with their salsa.. So overall, this one had a bit of a different feel to it..  

I guess hamburgers can be the same way.. Wherever you get a hamburger, it's still a hamburger, but the cooking and preparation makes the dish.. This was one of the better Mexican Restaurants we've been to.. 

If that helps!

That and it being a mile away down backroads from my house, I may partake in a few more margaritas and not worry too much about a designated driver haha

October 26th baby!!

St Augustine Amphitheater..

Sammy Hagar & George Thorogood..

I'm there!!

(05-22-2023, 11:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: October 26th baby!!

I'm there!!

Thorogood puts on a heckuva show. I'd go for that alone.

(05-23-2023, 07:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-22-2023, 11:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: October 26th baby!!

I'm there!!

Thorogood puts on a heckuva show. I'd go for that alone.

I’ll be in Hawaii that week.   Banana
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-23-2023, 08:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 07:57 AM)Mikey Wrote: Thorogood puts on a heckuva show. I'd go for that alone.

I’ll be in Hawaii that week.   Banana

Are you going to play golf in Hawaii?

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2023, 08:52 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-23-2023, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-23-2023, 08:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’ll be in Hawaii that week.   Banana

Are you going to play golf in Hawaii?

Anniversary.

Although I did just get back from Phoenix for a golf trip with NYC4Jags and a couple of other friends.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]