Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(08-04-2023, 03:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I just want to give a "hat's off" to all that work outside in this heat/humidity (Jags comes to mind).  I have been working on building a goat pen/shelter for our new goats (coming soon).  By lunchtime I am pretty much done.  In my younger days, I would have pressed on as long as I had plenty of hydration.  This last couple of days I have sucked down bottled water and Gatorade like nobody's business, and I still can't stand working out there past 12:00 or so.

When I finally go inside to cool off, I can't "stand myself" and have to shower and put on clean clothes.

Same here in NC. It's dangerous, this weather. I wanted to do some yard work and it's a no-go.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-05-2023, 02:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-04-2023, 03:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I just want to give a "hat's off" to all that work outside in this heat/humidity (Jags comes to mind).  I have been working on building a goat pen/shelter for our new goats (coming soon).  By lunchtime I am pretty much done.  In my younger days, I would have pressed on as long as I had plenty of hydration.  This last couple of days I have sucked down bottled water and Gatorade like nobody's business, and I still can't stand working out there past 12:00 or so.

When I finally go inside to cool off, I can't "stand myself" and have to shower and put on clean clothes.

Same here in NC. It's dangerous, this weather. I wanted to do some yard work and it's a no-go.

I’d pay to be back in either location.  I can’t remember the last time that it’s been below 100 here during the day.  It’s so bad that when it starts to get dark and it gets down to 98 it feels ‘good’.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-05-2023, 02:30 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 02:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Same here in NC. It's dangerous, this weather. I wanted to do some yard work and it's a no-go.

I’d pay to be back in either location.  I can’t remember the last time that it’s been below 100 here during the day.  It’s so bad that when it starts to get dark and it gets down to 98 it feels ‘good’.

That ain’t no lie. Years ago while working in Texas over the summer I would run at 5:00 AM to avoid the heat. At that time in the morning it was only in the low to mid 80s.

Anyone on water restrictions around these parts?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2023, 07:04 PM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-05-2023, 04:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 02:30 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I’d pay to be back in either location.  I can’t remember the last time that it’s been below 100 here during the day.  It’s so bad that when it starts to get dark and it gets down to 98 it feels ‘good’.

That ain’t no lie. Years ago while working in Texas over the summer I would run at 5:00 AM to avoid the heat. At that time in the morning it was only in the low to mid 80s.

Looks like we have a cold spell coming in next Monday. 

[Image: IMG-1801.png]

(08-05-2023, 06:50 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 04:28 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That ain’t no lie. Years ago while working in Texas over the summer I would run at 5:00 AM to avoid the heat. At that time in the morning it was only in the low to mid 80s.

Looks like we have a cold spell coming in next Monday. 

Dayum 

Was in Billings this weekend.
70 degrees at the festival last night

(08-06-2023, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 06:50 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Looks like we have a cold spell coming in next Monday. 

Dayum 

I flew into Phoenix Friday afternoon.  It was 115 when I walked out the airport.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(08-06-2023, 12:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 12:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Dayum 

I flew into Phoenix Friday afternoon.  It was 115 when I walked out the airport.

El Niño bringin the heat this summer 

Oooff

Holy crap is Maurice Jones-Drew humongous.  He definitely hasn’t missed too many meals since he retired.

(08-06-2023, 01:07 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Holy crap is Maurice Jones-Drew humongous.  He definitely hasn’t missed too many meals since he retired.

You say that and don't post a link? 

My husband called him a 'short round' last season. Lol.

(08-06-2023, 11:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 01:07 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Holy crap is Maurice Jones-Drew humongous.  He definitely hasn’t missed too many meals since he retired.

You say that and don't post a link? 

Not sure how to post a link from live TV.   Big Grin

(08-07-2023, 10:20 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 11:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: You say that and don't post a link? 

Not sure how to post a link from live TV.   Big Grin

[Image: oqtso3c5gxbrfhx7bgpn]

Yeah MoJo is looking well fed.

This is fascinating. A firsthand account of the final hours and execution of Louis XVI.

https://youtu.be/FguNqr7Fy48

I'll bet my last dollar that Giraffes don't even know what farts smell like...............
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(08-08-2023, 08:12 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I'll bet my last dollar that Giraffes don't even know what farts smell like...............

Oh you know the sassy faff cropdusts their friends as they bend down for a sip from the watering hole.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2023, 09:32 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-08-2023, 12:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is fascinating. A firsthand account of the final hours and execution of Louis XVI.

https://youtu.be/FguNqr7Fy48

That was fascinating.  Louis XVI was amazingly incompetent.  He could have easily survived as monarch, but he was oblivious to what was going on in France at the time.

I’m so [BLEEP] sick of this [BLEEP].  And there’s no end in sight.  And I have to work in this crap three days a week.  I’ve never drunk so much water in my life.

[Image: IMG-1807.png]

Dating is collecting information about someone until you realize you don't like them.............
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(08-09-2023, 11:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’m so [BLEEP] sick of this [BLEEP].  And there’s no end in sight.  And I have to work in this crap three days a week.  I’ve never drunk so much water in my life.

[Image: IMG-1807.png]

Sorry dude. It's let up here in NC. Hopefully for good. A big storm came through Monday night and the forecasted temps changed for the better and hopefully they stay. I've been here since June 2011 and in that time the heat and humidity has never been this bad for this long.

Today felt weird with the temperature at 90+ but humidity at 39% and dew point at 62°. It was still hot but suffocating. I'm not fond of feeling waterboarded every time I go outside.

Hopefully things settle for y'all soon.