Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(09-30-2023, 11:09 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 07:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I wouldn’t know one of her songs if I heard it but I have seen clips here and there of her performances and she’s very good. 

She’s also a smart and shrewd businesswoman from the 60 Minutes segment I watched about her. Leslie Stahl was being her usual old [BLEEP] self and Swift had no problem dealing with her. She has a very devoted following of teenaged girls and middle aged fathers.
Not just teenaged girls anymore. The number of 30 something that have spent vast amounts of money on this eras tour to relive their teenage lives is ridiculous!

She’s pretty, she’s talented and doesn’t court scandal. I can see why she has such a big following. 

Plus, she gets to cash in on this Kelce fling when the break up songs start coming out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-30-2023, 12:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 11:09 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Not just teenaged girls anymore. The number of 30 something that have spent vast amounts of money on this eras tour to relive their teenage lives is ridiculous!

She’s pretty, she’s talented and doesn’t court scandal. I can see why she has such a big following. 

Plus, she gets to cash in on this Kelce fling when the break up songs start coming out.

He’s such a douchecanoe that it makes me think less of her if she is seeing him. But I am far from being a Swiftie, so there’s that. Lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-30-2023, 10:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 12:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: She’s pretty, she’s talented and doesn’t court scandal. I can see why she has such a big following. 

He’s such a douchecanoe that it makes me think less of her if she is seeing him. But I am far from being a Swiftie, so there’s that. Lol

My wife is a Jimmy Garoppollo admirer, herself. "Oh, he's guapo."

(09-30-2023, 10:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 12:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: She’s pretty, she’s talented and doesn’t court scandal. I can see why she has such a big following. 

...see I always thought that about Gronk.

Kelce just seems like a 13 year old in a man's body.

Keith Richards doesn't like rap music.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/roll...48564.html

“what rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there.”

He continued: “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.”

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2023, 07:21 AM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-03-2023, 06:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Keith Richards doesn't like rap music. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/roll...48564.html

“what rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there.”

He continued: “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.”

I would have to agree with Keith's opinion on cRAP, and I use the term loosely here, "Music"..........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

I think I'll do something different today.  I think I'll play golf.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-03-2023, 07:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I think I'll do something different today.  I think I'll play golf.

You should really push the envelope and drink some beer, too. 

You’ll be livin’ on the edge, man. On. The. Edge.

(10-03-2023, 07:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 07:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I think I'll do something different today.  I think I'll play golf.

You should really push the envelope and drink some beer, too. 

Not permitted to drink beer on company property, even if I’m just playing.  Stupid rule.

(10-03-2023, 09:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 07:55 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You should really push the envelope and drink some beer, too. 

Not permitted to drink beer on company property, even if I’m just playing.  Stupid rule.

Time to quit.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-03-2023, 01:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 09:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Not permitted to drink beer on company property, even if I’m just playing.  Stupid rule.

Time to quit.

They don’t want alcohol on his breath when he pulls out his course marshal badge to play through a slow group. It looks bad.

(10-04-2023, 05:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Cool dude.

https://youtube.com/shorts/EcQkETTb5rY?s...hNK0SpsbtQ

Lol. He isn't wrong though. Most Americans have no idea and no interest in other countries. I'm glad I got to live in Germany and experience it along with France and Austria. If 9/11 had not happened while I was living there I would have traveled more.

I bowled my third 300 last night.

Woo-hoo!’

(10-06-2023, 02:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I bowled my third 300 last night.

Woo-hoo!’

nice!

It’s amazing how quickly the weather turned from summer to fall.

(10-09-2023, 01:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: It’s amazing how quickly the weather turned from summer to fall.

Don’t worry, it will turn back just as quickly!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Hell, here in Maryland we can go through all 4 seasons in 1 freaking day!
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Holy [BLEEP].  We have working appliances and a sink.  Hopefully only a few more days and this damn kitchen remodel is done.

(10-10-2023, 06:37 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Holy [BLEEP].  We have working appliances and a sink.  Hopefully only a few more days and this damn kitchen remodel is done.

That's awesome dude! I was legit thinking a few days ago about how much longer you had before your kitchen was done as I was considering making a small change to ours.