Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2023, 08:06 AM by RicoTx.)

(10-10-2023, 10:58 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 06:37 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Holy [BLEEP].  We have working appliances and a sink.  Hopefully only a few more days and this damn kitchen remodel is done.

That's awesome dude! I was legit thinking a few days ago about how much longer you had before your kitchen was done as I was considering making a small change to ours.

At this point it's a tossup as to what is becoming more annoying.  The fact that the kitchen isn't done yet or the dumpster that's been in the driveway for a month.  I think/hope it's done within the week.  They started installing the tile backsplashes and some decorative stuff yesterday.  What a pain in the hindquarters.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought the convenience of reaching into the refrigerator for a cold beer from the comfort of your recliner was ideal.

(10-11-2023, 08:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I thought the convenience of reaching into the refrigerator for a cold beer from the comfort of your recliner was ideal.

I never miss a minute of the game.

[Image: 9c960df32325eb557fbaf859b86f62c2.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

The last time we went on vacation Russia invaded Ukraine. We leave Sunday for the mountains and Hamas lights up Israel. 

I'm hoping this doesn't become a thing.

(10-11-2023, 09:39 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 08:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I thought the convenience of reaching into the refrigerator for a cold beer from the comfort of your recliner was ideal.

I never miss a minute of the game.

[Image: 9c960df32325eb557fbaf859b86f62c2.jpg]

I think that's already Patent Pending for Al Bundy.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-11-2023, 10:54 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The last time we went on vacation Russia invaded Ukraine. We leave Sunday for the mountains and Hamas lights up Israel. 

How about giving us a heads up next time.

(10-11-2023, 10:54 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The last time we went on vacation Russia invaded Ukraine. We leave Sunday for the mountains and Hamas lights up Israel. 

For the sake of the world, become a hermit already Wink

(10-11-2023, 01:36 PM)Mikey Wrote:

For the sake of the world, become a hermit already Wink

Just don't move into a remote cabin in Montana and write your manifesto.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Lol. No kidding. I told my husband that if this happens the next time we go on vacation we should never plan a vacation again. We will save the world by denying ourselves the R&R we deserve. We're here for the people.

Banana

It sure would be cool to see the eclipse happening. It's raining and dreary here. I hope those who can see it enjoy it since it's not supposed to happen again for quite a while.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxxZ0EjuQ...ODBiNWFlZA==

Lololol.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-15-2023, 11:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: RIP Suzanne Somers. 

'Three's Company' actress Suzanne Somers dies at 76 - ABC News (go.com)

That sucks.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

[BLEEP] breast cancer.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I like to hide condom wrappers in my married friends pockets.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Best golf day in months.  High of 75 and zero wind.  I do believe I'll play.  Anybody want to play?  I can get you on for nothing.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2023, 02:30 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

[BLEEP] breast cancer.

If ever there were a perfect icon for the "Save the Mammaries" campaign it would've been Crissy Snow.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Some kids were playing a cowboy game in the park. A 5 year old kept saying "Yippee Ki Yay". I did not think, I instinctively finished the phrase....... They learned a new word today........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Western NC sure is pretty this time of year. If you ever get a chance to visit the area you won't regret it. 

We're staying at an Airbnb for the second time and it's so quiet here. It's relatively quiet where we live save for the occasional fire rescue truck and redneck pick-up truck and hunting dogs that get ramped up during this season. We're so out of the way here from any of that, that all we hear is birds and the rooster I wanted to kill at what felt like zero dark thirty this morning. 

It's been a relaxing week so far except for the bed. It's a king size but it's hard as a rock. Not the same one that was here last year. No matter how nice your place is if you can't get restful sleep it's a challenge. I told hubby I'm tempted to go buy an air mattress and sleep on it instead. Or a mattress topper. Something. 

I think it's supposed to be a high end mattress but it's way too firm and I don't mind a somewhat firm mattress.

Went to Sunset Grille tonight in St Aug..

The coconut shrimp.. My God..

Manna..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]