Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2024, 06:48 PM by RicoTx.)

(02-21-2024, 01:44 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 10:51 PM)RicoTx Wrote: No.  I’m playing golf (again) tomorrow.

Banana

I played golf yesterday.  The temperature when we started was about 50, when we finished it was about 63.  Sunny all day.  We played as a 4-man scramble and shot -2.  Yes, that is a pretty crappy score for a 4-man scramble, but we're pretty crappy golfers.  Drinks in the 19th hole afterwards.  A great day.

I had an 88 on Sunday and an 85 today (with 8 pars and a birdie).  Not bad for an old guy that's fighting a pinched nerve in his back.

Oh, and it was up to 82 today.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-21-2024, 06:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 01:44 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I played golf yesterday.  The temperature when we started was about 50, when we finished it was about 63.  Sunny all day.  We played as a 4-man scramble and shot -2.  Yes, that is a pretty crappy score for a 4-man scramble, but we're pretty crappy golfers.  Drinks in the 19th hole afterwards.  A great day.

I had an 88 on Sunday and an 85 today (with 8 pars and a birdie).  Not bad for an old guy that's fighting a pinched nerve in his back.

not bad for nine holes, if I say so myself

(02-22-2024, 08:56 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 06:47 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I had an 88 on Sunday and an 85 today (with 8 pars and a birdie).  Not bad for an old guy that's fighting a pinched nerve in his back.

not bad for nine holes, if I say so myself

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

(02-21-2024, 02:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 01:44 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I played golf yesterday.  The temperature when we started was about 50, when we finished it was about 63.  Sunny all day.  We played as a 4-man scramble and shot -2.  Yes, that is a pretty crappy score for a 4-man scramble, but we're pretty crappy golfers.  Drinks in the 19th hole afterwards.  A great day.

#retiredlife

It's a race against time.  Can I finally figure out how to hit a golf ball before I get too old to swing a club?

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2024, 12:51 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

So.. I just went outside cause all the roof commotion really slowed down.. Figured the guys were getting ready for lunch, and as a thank you, I was going to treat them all to Hungry Howies for lunch. Figured I'd buy 6-7 pizzas, feed em all real good.

Only to find out that they were completely finished and started pulling out of the driveway and down the street. Gave the foreman $100 instead and told him to treat the guys for lunch.

So happy with my new roof.. 30 year warranty. I should be dead before the warranty runs out haha

Even installed new gutter guards for me, free of charge!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-22-2024, 12:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So.. I just went outside cause all the roof commotion really slowed down.. Figured the guys were getting ready for lunch, and as a thank you, I was going to treat them all to Hungry Howies for lunch.  Figured I'd buy 6-7 pizzas, feed em all real good.

Only to find out that they were completely finished and started pulling out of the driveway and down the street. Gave the foreman $100 instead and told him to treat the guys for lunch.

So happy with my new roof.. 30 year warranty. I should be dead before the warranty runs out haha

30 year warranty and your home insurance will still require you to replace it in five years. Rolleyes
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-22-2024, 01:33 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-22-2024, 12:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So.. I just went outside cause all the roof commotion really slowed down.. Figured the guys were getting ready for lunch, and as a thank you, I was going to treat them all to Hungry Howies for lunch.  Figured I'd buy 6-7 pizzas, feed em all real good.

30 year warranty and your home insurance will still require you to replace it in five years. Rolleyes

Eh, I did it for my peace of mind, not theirs haha

(02-23-2024, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Would you do it?

Space Perspective is nearly ready to fly tourists on luxury balloon rides near the edge of space (exclusive)

nope.

I don't want to mingle with the 'luxury' crowd.

One of my biggest fears as a motorcycle rider. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/lYJ3NqKdMBM?s...3FAD86OurH

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2024, 11:12 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-23-2024, 11:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: One of my biggest fears as a motorcycle rider. 

My Mom's uncle back in the 1970's. He was struck by a drunk driver and he dragged his body for a few miles. They found his jacket underneath his car and his body back a good ways from his home. Was pretty bad. 

Two years ago my wife's family. They had a family friend. All Bosnian. They're all tight here in Jacksonville. Pretty sad. Their son was pulling out one night for work, a woman ran her redlight and was hauling [BLEEP]. She knocked him out completely and killed him. 

I am terrified of motorcycles because of the open exposure. Even with a helmet. Just doesn't seem like it's worth it at all. I saw a really bad accident where a guy ran the red light at this Hodges and Atlantic light that I passed by a good bit of my life for years. Right across from Queens Harbor. 

The guy was hauling [BLEEP], lady went to go make her turn. He hits the front end of her car and flips probably what looked like 20 feet up in the air. I could only describe it as what I call getting the sonic rings knocked out of you because it reminded me of playing sonic the hedgehog when I was a kid. 

It was unreal. He died on impact I believe. The amount of damage his bike did to that lady's car was also insane. Looked like it was hit by a mini nuke.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-23-2024, 11:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: One of my biggest fears as a motorcycle rider. 

There is always some clown in a cage not paying attention to the road. Used to be we only had the radio to fiddle with, but now, texting and everything else.....I quit riding years ago..... Give me a few tons of steel wrapped around my [BLEEP]........ In my neck of the woods, there are more than a few idiots that need to re-take a drivers ed course..........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

The rider survived but with permanent damage.

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/...xperience/

I noticed a few of you talking about your golf game a few post ago...... well........ Here's a little Golf humor for you.........
[Image: MGG-2024-02-23.gif]
Laugh and enjoy!!!!!!

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Everyone I know that rides does so with the understanding that the question of accident/injury is not a matter of if, but when.

This is like final destination baloney right here, though.

When everything goes to hell all at once.

https://youtube.com/shorts/wvVotJOBs7A?s...bp9eYYGxZw

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2024, 12:20 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-24-2024, 10:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.news4jax.com/news/weird-news...over-beer/

Damn.. Welcome to Florida!!

(02-24-2024, 10:52 AM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.news4jax.com/news/weird-news...over-beer/

It’s a shame Rico moved to Texas, making him ineligible to defend his title. 

Big Grin

Airline Stewardess (Now called Flight Attendants) Uniforms in the 1970's. Dig those Mini Skirts and Funky Boots.......

[Image: 8d7235b4-seventies20.webp]