Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(02-29-2024, 02:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Happy bissextile, everyone.

I'm afraid to look that word up. Back in the early 2000s (2004 or so) me and my now ex husband were looking around the livingroom and whatever we saw we typed it into the search engine of the time, example: pencil.com; lamp.com, etc. 

We put in blackkitty.com and got quite the eyeful.  Laughing I think I still have PTS from that incident. Lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-29-2024, 03:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I'm afraid to look that word up. Back in the early 2000s (2004 or so) me and my now ex husband were looking around the livingroom and whatever we saw we typed it into the search engine of the time, example: pencil.com; lamp.com, etc. 

We put in blackkitty.com and got quite the eyeful.  Laughing I think I still have PTS from that incident. Lol

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...ipo=images]

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 03:47 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-29-2024, 03:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Leap year.. My eyes have seen it all and I'm immune, so of course I looked it up lol

First thing I thought of was a real old prostitution mill.. Like the ole time textile mills lol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

[Image: mymdthink.maryland.gov.][Image: 22-1-1024x1024.webp]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Should I be worried that a psychology student wants to bring me in for show and tell.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(02-28-2024, 10:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 07:52 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Keanu Reeves refused to present Whoopi Goldberg's Lifetime Achievement Award at the Oscars:
"I'm not gonna be known as the guy who gave a horrible person my industry's highest honor."

Link?

Appears to be fake news. Doesnt fit his past character either.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattnovak/2...ally-fake/
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-01-2024, 08:51 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Should I be worried that a psychology student wants to bring me in for show and tell.

Show and tell for whom?  Kids?  Other psychology students?  Whom would he be showing you to?

(03-02-2024, 06:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 08:51 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Should I be worried that a psychology student wants to bring me in for show and tell.

Show and tell for whom?  Kids?  Other psychology students?  Whom would he be showing you to?

Jaguars Woman? Is that you?   Tongue

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2024, 09:18 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 3 times in total.)

(03-02-2024, 08:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-02-2024, 06:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Show and tell for whom?  Kids?  Other psychology students?  Whom would he be showing you to?

Jaguars Woman? Is that you?   Tongue

I'm saying if it's show and tell for a 2nd grade class, and he's the subject, a lot of [BLEEP] could hit the fan, and he wouldn't want to be any part of that.

I do miss JW, by the way.  She was pretty entertaining.

Went to Arby's with the wife for lunch today.. Got some weird looks cause I always disassemble my beef n cheddar and just eat the roast beef.. Too much bread, yuck..

Wish they sold that stuff in cups or something.

Just give me a cup of beef n cheddar with a small side of jalapeño bites.. They can keep that Bronco Sauce too..

In Living Color was one of the best comedy shows ever.

https://youtube.com/shorts/kn5gbl0l7KE?s...4zPAJU4fFr

(03-02-2024, 02:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Went to Arby's with the wife for lunch today.. Got some weird looks cause I always disassemble my beef n cheddar and just eat the roast beef.. Too much bread, yuck..

Just give me a cup of beef n cheddar with a small side of jalapeño bites.. They can keep that Bronco Sauce too..

Are you sure that's why you got the weird looks?

(03-02-2024, 05:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-02-2024, 02:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Went to Arby's with the wife for lunch today.. Got some weird looks cause I always disassemble my beef n cheddar and just eat the roast beef.. Too much bread, yuck..

Are you sure that's why you got the weird looks?

I like to keep positive!!

Replace the water with coffee and we can call it, Fact Check, True..

[Image: 20240303-101819.jpg]

I order burgers without the bun so you can always order that sandwich without the bun.

In Costco I see a woman wearing a "Dog Mom" t-shirt. I don't get this fad of conflating animal ownership with parenthood, but that's another discussion. Anyway, what I want to know is if she's a dog mom, does that officially make her a [BLEEP]?

(03-03-2024, 06:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: In Costco I see a woman wearing a "Dog Mom" t-shirt. I don't get this fad of conflating animal ownership with parenthood, but that's another discussion. Anyway, what I want to know is if she's a dog mom, does that officially make her a [BLEEP]?

Technically, I believe that would make her daughter the dog.  Which parent the daughter inherited her looks from is another question.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-03-2024, 06:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: In Costco I see a woman wearing a "Dog Mom" t-shirt. I don't get this fad of conflating animal ownership with parenthood, but that's another discussion. Anyway, what I want to know is if she's a dog mom, does that officially make her a [BLEEP]?

"Owner" is the word they are looking for, this anthropomorphization of animals needs to stop.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Swearing off Corn Flakes for life!!!!!! And I hate bland food........ LOL

[Image: 18-1-1024x1024.webp]

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2024, 10:53 AM by Mikey.)

...have you asked for sammich with no bread? Not sure if they'd interpret that as cheddar on the side or super sloppy wrapper, but could make for a fun lunch

I like that we as humans will happily ask a stranger what their dog's name is, but never introduce ourselves or ask the stranger's name. Priorities.

(03-04-2024, 09:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

"Owner" is the word they are looking for, this anthropomorphization of animals needs to stop.

Hey, you don't know if that pup needed nursing or not.