Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Booze Thread

(12-08-2019, 10:15 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 12:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You've always struck me as the kind of man who would drink "hard seltzer."

And you strike me as the kind of guy who would say, "but it's not from Kentucky! They're supposed to be from Kentucky!" after I told him about my favorite bourbon.  Laughing

Oh gosh no, I'm not anal about my liquor at all. I'm the guy who doesn't need rules, remember?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bump from Page 2

On a Miller High Life kick tonight, The Champagne of Beer...….

Good to change up every now and then
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Drifter- I followed your lead and drank a quart of Miller last night. Kinda locked in here b/c of the virus so starting to do crazy things.

Has anyone had Yellowstone bourbon? I did yesterday while playing golf and it was fabulous, I think the best I've every had. The 4 of us each brought a flask of bourbon with separate cups:
- Yellowstone- as mentioned, tremendous
- Hickory Hill- also very, very good
- Willett- Mine, very good
- Jim Beam- there's always one, at least he didn't bring Early Times

The Yellowstone guy also brought 4 cigars and it was a great day. Today it is snowing/raining here.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I'd like to try the Yellowstone when I get a chance. The Willett is a good one.

Since my income is wrecked until at least mid -May from the virus precautions - I am shifting cheaper and cheaper with my booze provisioning.
Right now we are down to Hornitos Silver tequila and Yeungling beer. Not desperate just yet.
But this could rapidly shift into an El Jimador and High Life situation if something doesn't change.

(03-19-2020, 10:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd like to try the Yellowstone when I get a chance. The Willett is a good one.  

Since my income is wrecked until at least mid -May from the virus precautions  -  I am shifting cheaper and cheaper with my booze provisioning.
Right now we are down to Hornitos Silver tequila and Yeungling beer.  Not desperate just yet.
But this could rapidly shift into an El Jimador and High Life situation if something doesn't change.

I have a bottle and a half of Patron Silver in the freezer if you get desperate.   Banana
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It's Miller Time!
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(03-19-2020, 10:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd like to try the Yellowstone when I get a chance. The Willett is a good one.  

Since my income is wrecked until at least mid -May from the virus precautions  -  I am shifting cheaper and cheaper with my booze provisioning.
Right now we are down to Hornitos Silver tequila and Yeungling beer.  Not desperate just yet.
I sure hope you don’t get down to drinking Busch Light and Natty Light.  Been there done that.  Not a fun road to travel.  Will get the job done, but you’ll need cleaning supplies for the bathroom that’s really hard to find ATM.  It’s a double edged sword.

[Image: Old-Forge-Reserve-Single-Barrel-Release-...-Years.jpg]

Brought two bottles home from the mountains last week.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-23-2020, 05:17 PM)Jags Wrote:

I sure hope you don’t get down to drinking Busch Light and Natty Light.  Been there done that.  Not a fun road to travel.  Will get the job done, but you’ll need cleaning supplies for the bathroom that’s really hard to find ATM.  It’s a double edged sword.

Haha. Not there just yet.  *fingers crossed*

Milagro tequila and miller high life ATM. 

If I start dipping into that Seagrams 100 proof vodka that I bought for 9 bucks to use in a homemade hand sanitizer/disinfectant recipe, then we know [BLEEP] has really hit the fan. 
Tongue

(03-23-2020, 05:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: Old-Forge-Reserve-Single-Barrel-Release-...-Years.jpg]

Brought two bottles home from the mountains last week.

Let us know how it is!

I like Jose Cuervo Tradicional, especially the price...

[Image: 081153801137.jpg]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I now have a new favorite Bourbon(s) ... Jefferson's Ocean Voyage 16, then Voyage 19, and after that Voyage 18.

If you don't know about it, do a quick search on the story.

I've had Jefferson Ocean and liked it. Didn't know there were different "vintages" of it.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 08:57 PM by The Drifter.)

I'm still on a Miller Kick……, It's cheap enough and it's the best my closest liquor store has (I REFUSE to drink Budweiser)

Pffft...I'm seriously buzzed on Patron Silver and Coors Lite. What the hell, I've been holed up in the house for 8 days.

(03-27-2020, 09:01 PM)Rico Wrote: Pffft...I'm seriously buzzed on Patron Silver and Coors Lite.  What the hell, I've been holed up in the house for 8 days.

Bud light is doing it for me.  Just call me the “high tech redneck”.  I’m a man of habit.  That’s my habit. 

I’m sure I’ll be viewed as the delinquent.  Either way, I’m feeling pretty good.  

The liquor days are well behind my butt.

(03-27-2020, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 09:01 PM)Rico Wrote: Pffft...I'm seriously buzzed on Patron Silver and Coors Lite.  What the hell, I've been holed up in the house for 8 days.

Bud light is doing it for me.  Just call me the “high tech redneck”.  I’m a man of habit.  That’s my habit. 

I’m sure I’ll be viewed as the delinquent.  Either way, I’m feeling pretty good.  

The liquor days are well behind my butt.

Lightweight.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 09:40 PM by mikesez.)

So, I was on a cruise recently, as some of you know, and they were offering really good deals on liquor. I don't drink much liquor though. I like to keep clear rum and vodka on hand, and I know from work parties that I like the taste of rye but I could do without bourbon.
Other than that I know squat about whiskey. It was a buy one get one half off deal. And they didn't have the kind of rum or vodka I like. So I thought it'd be a safe bet to get Jack Daniels rye (I usually like rye) and regular Jack Daniels (everyone seems to like that, right?) Anyhow their rye is delicious but the old No. 7 is even worse than bourbon. The remaining 950 mL of that is now free to a good home, if you're anywhere near the orange county / lake county line. Imma pour out some of that rye right now though. Yummy.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2020, 09:45 PM by Jags.)

(03-27-2020, 09:30 PM)Rico Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 09:10 PM)Jags Wrote: Bud light is doing it for me.  Just call me the “high tech redneck”.  I’m a man of habit.  That’s my habit. 

The liquor days are well behind my buttLightweight
I’ll take it.  I’m having fun tonight.  It’s cheap. But I’m a creature of habit.  Besides, smelling tequila still makes me want to puke.  So I assume I did enough liquor in my youth  if I wanna puke after smelling something I drank 12 years ago.
It’s either that or wine for this kid these days.

10 or so days without a drink for me. Real fun.

(03-27-2020, 10:10 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: 10 or so days without a drink for me. Real fun.

What the hell is wrong with you man?

I only made it 8 days.