Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Booze Thread

I’m a big fan of German lagers, especially Kolsch and I’ll drink anything made by the BrewDog or Enville breweries.

Rum is my new fascination though - any recommendations from over your side of the Atlantic?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So I got one of those Jimmy Buffet margarita machines earlier this year for my bday. 

Might be the most popular posession in my entire extended family already.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2018, 03:27 AM by DarloJAG84.)

[Image: BrewDog-Punk-IPA-2.jpg]
Has anyone tried Brewdog Punk IPA?

(05-07-2018, 05:40 PM)Andy G Wrote: I’m a big fan of German lagers, especially Kolsch and I’ll drink anything made by the BrewDog or Enville breweries.

Rum is my new fascination though - any recommendations from over your side of the Atlantic?

Just seen this.. I'm a huge fan of Brewdog. A friend and I are going to a gig in London in September so we're checking out the Brewdog bar in Soho!
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(05-07-2018, 05:40 PM)Andy G Wrote: I’m a big fan of German lagers, especially Kolsch and I’ll drink anything made by the BrewDog or Enville breweries.

If you like the aged sipping rum, seek out the Diplimático Reserva and the Ron Zacapa Centenario 23.

I was a big fan of Zaya which goes for ~ $28 for a 750ml bottle.

Just for kicks I bought a bottle of Zaya, a bottle of Mount Gay 1703 ($35 for a 1.75L), and bottle of Pussers Rum ($23 for a 750ml) and did a taste test with the fam to prove how much better Zaya was.   Surprisingly, the Mount Gay was actually the smoothest rum so I'm going to stick with that for mixing and offset it with Zaya if I want more of a cognac taste with rum on the rocks.   Appleton Estates is also pretty good for the price ($28 for a 1.75L).

... anyway, that's my 2 cents fr what it's worth

I was in Havana in Feb and brought back a bottle of 7 year Havana Club anejo and it is very good. Of course, it isn't available in the US but I did see it in a couple of cruise ports last week.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Man I've been on so many pain killers I have not had a drink since the last week in December 2017. This is a helluva dry spell......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

My new go to bourbon...

[Image: ci-knob-creek-kentucky-straight-bourbon-...=jpeg&q=20]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-01-2018, 09:11 PM)rollerjag Wrote: My new go to bourbon...

Hard to go wrong there.   ^   

Some of you guys know my affection for German and Czech pilsners runs deep.  Well the Aldi grocery market near me carries a cheap German pilsner for 6$/six-pack.  Had to give it a shot. 
Wernesgrüner pils  -   It's kind-of a cross between a Warsteiner and a Heineken. Not bad for the price.

Its almost stout season and i couldn't be more excited
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-23-2018, 06:44 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Its almost stout season and i couldn't be more excited

Any favorite nitro-stouts?

(08-23-2018, 06:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 06:44 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Its almost stout season and i couldn't be more excited

Any favorite nitro-stouts?

The local brewery in Hernando County, Marker 48, had a good one called Mermaid's Milk which they had on nitro. 

Left Hand Milk Stout is a standard. The Sam Adam's Nitro Coffee stout is pretty solid surprisingly too. I'd love to see a Founders Breakfast Stout on Nitro. 

I haven't been living in NY at this time of year for a while so I'm excited to jump into the local stuff this year.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2018, 09:11 AM by PF*.)

(08-24-2018, 06:31 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-23-2018, 06:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Any favorite nitro-stouts?

The local brewery in Hernando County, Marker 48, had a good one called Mermaid's Milk which they had on nitro. 

Left Hand Milk Stout is a standard. The Sam Adam's Nitro Coffee stout is pretty solid surprisingly too. I'd love to see a Founders Breakfast Stout on Nitro. 

I haven't been living in NY at this time of year for a while so I'm excited to jump into the local stuff this year.

Look for Saranac Brewery products in NY, they put out some good ones like a Caramel Porter. Another you may find there is Berkshire Coffeehouse Porter from the Berkshire mountains of Western Massachusetts.

Any love out there for Jefferson Ocean bourbon, allegedly aged at sea? I haven't had it yet but a friend swears it's the best ever.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I'm drinking Heineken warm out of the can. Because I'm a classy fellow.

(08-24-2018, 09:10 AM)PF* Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 06:31 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The local brewery in Hernando County, Marker 48, had a good one called Mermaid's Milk which they had on nitro. 

Look for Saranac Brewery products in NY, they put out some good ones like a Caramel Porter. Another you may find there is Berkshire Coffeehouse Porter from the Berkshire mountains of Western Massachusetts.

Any love out there for Jefferson Ocean bourbon, allegedly aged at sea? I haven't had it yet but a friend swears it's the best ever.

I've had it, it's decent. Lots I'd pick over it though.

Yep, I'm down with it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-24-2018, 09:10 AM)PF* Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 06:31 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The local brewery in Hernando County, Marker 48, had a good one called Mermaid's Milk which they had on nitro. 

Saranac is solid, they out out some quality stuff. Haven't had the chance to try anything from Berkshire, I'll keep an eye out for them.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

[Image: Screenshot_20180825-184143_Chrome.jpg]

Found this today. Its pretty damn good. Also found that Southern Tier Warlock is out for the season which is awesome
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Today's game time decision is Maker's 46 with a Diet Coke back.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

1800 Reposado tonight and a Jon Boat Coastal Ale back