Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marvin Lewis on the hot seat.

http://cin.247sports.com/ContentGallery/...48995573/2

Sign me up. I'd take him or McCarthy in a heartbeat
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd welcome that kind of change.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 12:39 PM by jagherd.)

It's about time.

Lewis did have a great amount of influence in changing the culture there from the old "Bungles" Era into a competitive team almost every year for a decade and a half.

However,

- 0-7 in the playoffs

- Terrible record after bye-weeks

- Terrible record during primetime games

- Costly penalties and undisciplined play almost every game for years

- Very questionable coaching decisions and game management in many games each season

It's time.

Cincy really messed up by not promoting one of their excellent coordinators over the years into the HC position (Zimmer, Gruden, Hue Jackson just to name a few).

Quote:http://cin.247sports.com/ContentGallery/...48995573/2

Sign me up. I'd take him or McCarthy in a heartbeat

No thanks, his playoff record is awful, especially considering how talented the Bengals have been in recent years.

Quote:It's about time.

Lewis did have a great amount of influence in changing the culture there from the old "Bungles" Era into a competitive team almost every year for a decade and a half.

However,

- 0-7 in the playoffs

- Very questionable coaching decisions and game management in many games each season

It's time.

Cincy really messed up by not promoting one of their excellent coordinators over the years into the HC position (Zimmer, Gruden, Hue Jackson just to name a few).

This

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 12:59 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:It's about time.

However,

- 0-7 in the playoffs

It's time.

I agree with all of this. Lewis is a coaching talent, but his teams are wayyyyy too undisciplined for my tastes. They had that Playoff game locked up last year until Burfict went into  total dumb[BAD WORD REMOVED] mode.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

No....he sucks

His only crime was being in one place too long.

A lot of good HCs didn't get their ring until with their second team.  Gruden, Dungy, Coughlin...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

No thanks. Never could win a playoff game. He's this generations Schottenheimer

I don't know, but he's an upgrade over Bradley. I like how he takes a chance on talented problem players and they produce on the field.

No way I want Marvin Lewis. I live outside Cincinnati and people here hate him. He doesn't hold the players accountable for anything and pretty much lets them do whatever they want. The Bengals are loaded with talent, but they're probably the most undisciplined team in the NFL. That's why they can't win in the playoffs and why they suck this year.

I'm not convinced at this time Mike Brown is going to fire Marvin Lewis.   Brown doesn't like change.    Because the Bengals have made the playoffs 7 times under Lewis and have drafted well under Lewis,  whose coaches provide more input in scouting than in other NFL organizations,   if Lewis wants to return,   I think there's a pretty good chance he will.   The hamstring injury to WR A.J. Green also might help Lewis keep his job,   as upcoming losses might be tied into Green being up from the prospective of Mike Brown.