Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ICE crackdown in Pueblo scaring some families back to Mexico

I say GOOD! Scare them ALL back to Mexico

ICE crackdown in Pueblo scaring some families back to Mexico

President Donald Trump's crackdown on undocumented immigrants by federal agents is scaring some of those families back to Mexico, according to knowledgable sources in the Pueblo community.

http://www.chieftain.com/news/pueblo/ice...5c41e.html
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm torn on the issue. I know some come here for work because there is none in their area, or they come because it is unsafe, and I feel for them because they're doing what they have to to survive. But they come here illegally and take advantage of our social welfare programs or whatever and well, they're here illegally.

(07-08-2017, 10:21 PM)americus  2.0 Wrote: I'm torn on the issue. I know some come here for work because there is none in their area, or they come because it is unsafe, and I feel for them because they're doing what they have to to survive. But they come here illegally and take advantage of our social welfare programs or whatever and well, they're here illegally.

I feel the same, but there's also an additional dynamic. The Mexican government will never curb corruption and defeat its drug empires if they know the U.S. will act as a safety valve for the millions who flee the resultant economic morass. Perhaps Mexico would clean up their act if forced to deal with the social and economic hardships of its population head on. I understand the issues run deeper than that, but we can't ignore enforcing our international borders simply because of humanitarian or commercially compelling reasons.

(07-08-2017, 10:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm torn on the issue. I know some come here for work because there is none in their area, or they come because it is unsafe, and I feel for them because they're doing what they have to to survive. But they come here illegally and take advantage of our social welfare programs or whatever and well, they're here illegally.

If I were them, and I came here because it was a better opportunity, I wouldn't let the fear of deportation cause me to willingly leave on my own. If it was a struggle to survive there, I wouldn't go back without being forced. If they're leaving without being forced, then it can't Ben too bad.

Some studies have shown that the net migration between Mexico and the US is actually negative. More Mexicans are moving from US to Mexico right now than the other way around.

(07-09-2017, 05:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Some studies have shown that the net migration between Mexico and the US is actually negative.   More Mexicans are moving from US to Mexico right now than the other way around.

Yes, it's the Trump Effect.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-09-2017, 01:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 05:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Some studies have shown that the net migration between Mexico and the US is actually negative.   More Mexicans are moving from US to Mexico right now than the other way around.

So can we keep our 12 billion dollars and not build that stupid wall?

(07-10-2017, 07:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 01:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, it's the Trump Effect.

So can we keep our 12 billion dollars and not build that stupid wall?

No, because Trump won't always be president.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2017, 10:27 AM by The Real Marty.)

(07-10-2017, 10:15 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 07:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: So can we keep our 12 billion dollars and not build that stupid wall?

Well, actually this reportedly reverse flow of Mexicans was being reported long before Trump declared for the Presidency. 

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/mo...o-the-u-s/

Actually, the fact that Trump won't always be President is probably another good reason not to build it.  Who's to say the next President won't tear it down or just refuse to maintain it?   The wall is a Trump policy, not a Republican policy or a Democrat policy.   The next President won't have the obligation to maintain the wall because he or she won't have made it a campaign promise.  

It's 12 billion dollars or more down the drain. I think it's time we just admit it, and stop supporting such a stupid idea.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2017, 10:49 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Essentially, we're only on this planet for 80 years on average so I'm under the belief that eternal paradise is awaiting most of those that aren't born with the abundance of opportunities that we have here in the US.

(07-09-2017, 01:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

The Trump effect.  If you mean the continuation of production jobs in Mexican based facilities then I agree.  A lot of Mexicans are coming to the realization that they can get decent jobs back home while living a traditional lifestyle back home with their families.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2017, 11:06 AM by MalabarJag.)

(07-10-2017, 10:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 10:15 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Well, actually this reportedly reverse flow of Mexicans was being reported long before Trump declared for the Presidency. 

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/mo...o-the-u-s/

Actually, the fact that Trump won't always be President is probably another good reason not to build it.  Who's to say the next President won't tear it down or just refuse to maintain it?   The wall is a Trump policy, not a Republican policy or a Democrat policy.   The next President won't have the obligation to maintain the wall because he or she won't have made it a campaign promise.  

It's 12 billion dollars or more down the drain.  I think it's time we just admit it, and stop supporting such a stupid idea.

Many Mexicans moved back because of the economic collapse. I don't think that's a wise policy to pursue in the future. Since 2009 we have not been getting many people looking for work in the US, but the flow of criminals, terrorists, and those looking for handouts has not abated. Over 50% of non-citizens in the US are receiving some form of welfare, and over 70% of Mexican and South and Central American immigrants (not broken down between legal and illegal).

Link

And while the flow of Mexicans has been negative, the flow of invaders from other Central and South American countries took up some of the slack. The wall is to reduce the illegal border crossing in general, not just Mexicans. A wall wouldn't stop everyone, but it should stop over 50% of the illegal crossings. Would you oppose  the federal government spending $12B on a cancer cure because it only had a 50% cure rate?

Future presidents would take a lot of heat from the general public if they tried to tear down the wall or failed to maintain it. Maybe you haven't noticed, but support for illegal immigration by the Dems is a major factor in their party holding only about 1/3 of the state and federal elective offices.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-10-2017, 10:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Essentially, we're only on this planet for 80 years on average so I'm under the belief that eternal paradise is awaiting most of those that aren't born with the abundance of opportunities that we have here in the US.

(07-09-2017, 01:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, it's the Trump Effect.

The Trump effect.  If you mean the continuation of production jobs in Mexican based facilities then I agree.  A lot of Mexicans are coming to the realization that they can get decent jobs back home while living a traditional lifestyle back home with their families.

Lol, sure it is. Funny how that happened just this past January. Credit where it's due, you've got good spin.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-10-2017, 12:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 10:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Essentially, we're only on this planet for 80 years on average so I'm under the belief that eternal paradise is awaiting most of those that aren't born with the abundance of opportunities that we have here in the US.

Lol, sure it is. Funny how that happened just this past January. Credit where it's due, you've got good spin.

More than
a few will return to Mexico to work for Carrier.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]