Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Premier League Season 2017/18

ma i felt bad for Swansea yesterday so i was hoping chelsea would destroy Huddersfield to give them a chance and now my blues are losing. We need this match to stay in contention for UCL next year which we probably will not get even with a win but but we are completely out if we lose this one.

Not to mention the goal the just cored was complete bull [BLEEP]. home boy wiped our keeper out and got no call. joke game they have taken one shot on goal and we have completely dominated otherwise.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

now i personally hate huddersfield.. what a [BLEEP] game. They pulled it off but holy [BLEEP] that was lame to watch... there was easily five penalties that should have been given not to mention the goal they scored was a pretty obvious pen in its self.

(05-09-2018, 09:26 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 04:26 AM)Andy G Wrote: Interesting comments from the Southampton manager, after their hotel booking in Swansea was mysteriously cancelled at the last minute before their crunch game...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44046850

And you’d think a 10 goal advantage on goal difference would be enough... unless Man City really have a go at them on the final day of the season...

And on a related subject, we know about Hurricane’s love for the Saints, but have other people here got an English league team they follow?

Very interesting.  I was actually reading the Southampton FC message board yesterday and there was a post with a twitter link of a Southampton fan calling the Marriott after the game and playing their song when the host answered the phone.  I didn't realize that prior cancellation that the Marriott did to the Southampton team.  [BLEEP] !!!!

Anyway, the team stayed in Cardiff which will be nice since they'll be playing there next season (vs Cardiff City) while Swansea gets relegated down !!!   now i'm really rooting against Swansea next match so Huddersfield stays up.

(05-09-2018, 04:26 AM)Andy G Wrote: Interesting comments from the Southampton manager, after their hotel booking in Swansea was mysteriously cancelled at the last minute before their crunch game...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44046850

And you’d think a 10 goal advantage on goal difference would be enough... unless Man City really have a go at them on the final day of the season...

And on a related subject, we know about Hurricane’s love for the Saints, but have other people here got an English league team they follow?

I'm actually a Bournemouth fan since the beginning of last season August 2016 when I started following the PL (my son has a 4 year rooting interest in Crystal Palace since he started following the PL).

While I should be rooting against a rival like Southampton, the PL is so much more exciting when you have teams that are represented by fans like Southampton fans who bring so much energy to every match.  I hope to get out there and see Bournemouth vs Southampton, Brighton, Crystal Palace (and even Fulham) in the future.  I was also pulling heavily for Southampton because I didn't want to see Darlo have his own thread next season "The Official Championship League" while everyone is on the PL thread after Fulham wins their playoffs and get promoted up -- LOL !!!  Go Fulham !!!

How did I select Bournemouth ??  I wanted to root for a little known team and being the fact that I live in Florida which is our southern most state in the US, I selected a coastal town that I'd like to visit in the future (thanks to google earth).  Bournemouth appears to be my style as it looks clean, it's on the coast, and it's population is small enough to relax and chill as I'm not a spring puppy anymore (age 52 right now) Sad

Ooops - sorry, thought you were Southampton!

Lol screw you Chelsea

(05-09-2018, 03:59 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: ma i felt bad for Swansea yesterday so i was hoping chelsea would destroy Huddersfield to give them a chance and now my blues are losing. We need this match to stay in contention for UCL next year which we probably will not get even with a win but but we are completely out if we lose this one.

Not to mention the goal the just cored was complete bull [BLEEP].  home boy wiped our keeper out and got no call. joke game they have taken one shot on goal and we have completely dominated otherwise.

I felt a little bad for Swawnsea until I read that they (Swansea Marriott) cancelled the 40 rooms Southampton FC had booked for their team.  The Marriott cited a virus had infected the hotel but that was a lie.  Southampton was forced to book a hotel 40 minutes away in Cardiff which is ironic since there will no longer be a need to stay in Swansea due to relegation but they will be staying in Cardiff next year to play Cardiff City who was promoted up to the PL.

After that screw job that the Swansea Marriott pulled, I hope Sawansea never sees the PL ever again.  Perhaps they'll be the next Sunderland who is dropping even further down after their pathetic season in the Championship League.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2018, 07:20 AM by JagsorDie.)

(05-11-2018, 05:43 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Lol screw you Chelsea

[BLEEP] you too

Edit: sorry, Drunk post LMBO . but still.... why pick on my team? not like we did [BLEEP] this year. Hell we gave quite a few teams a few points and finished right where i think we should. Which was in the Europa league. I think that's about where we will stay until our FO decides to open their wallets and get more people. Kante can be a crutch forever.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2018, 06:43 AM by DarloJAG84.)

(05-11-2018, 09:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 03:59 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: ma i felt bad for Swansea yesterday so i was hoping chelsea would destroy Huddersfield to give them a chance and now my blues are losing. We need this match to stay in contention for UCL next year which we probably will not get even with a win but but we are completely out if we lose this one.

Not to mention the goal the just cored was complete bull [BLEEP].  home boy wiped our keeper out and got no call. joke game they have taken one shot on goal and we have completely dominated otherwise.

I felt a little bad for Swawnsea until I read that they (Swansea Marriott) cancelled the 40 rooms Southampton FC had booked for their team.  The Marriott cited a virus had infected the hotel but that was a lie.  Southampton was forced to book a hotel 40 minutes away in Cardiff which is ironic since there will no longer be a need to stay in Swansea due to relegation but they will be staying in Cardiff next year to play Cardiff City who was promoted up to the PL.

After that screw job that the Swansea Marriott pulled, I hope Sawansea never sees the PL ever again.  Perhaps they'll be the next Sunderland who is dropping even further down after their pathetic season in the Championship League.

I think the issue with Sunderland is ownership/finances.. they haven't been bankrolled to invest in their squad of players.. now they're being taken over by a guy who has a net worth of £8m. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have that net worth, but it's nowhere near enough for a team like Sunderland.

(05-12-2018, 02:57 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:

[BLEEP] you too

Edit: sorry, Drunk post LMBO . but still.... why pick on my team? not like we did [BLEEP] this year. Hell we gave quite a few teams a few points and finished right where i think we should. Which was in the Europa league. I think that's about where we will stay until our FO decides to open their wallets and get more people. Kante can be a crutch forever.

The Europa League sucks... I mean, sure it's a trophy, but it means that their season starts at the end of July.. literally weeks after the World Cup finishes... Also, did you know that Chelsea are the biggest spenders on transfers since the Premier League began?

Oh, I am so pleased to have been proven wrong about Southampton.. stayed up by the skin of their teeth. I think their Chairman will work hard to ensure it doesn't happen again next season.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(05-14-2018, 06:41 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 09:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I felt a little bad for Swawnsea until I read that they (Swansea Marriott) cancelled the 40 rooms Southampton FC had booked for their team.  The Marriott cited a virus had infected the hotel but that was a lie.  Southampton was forced to book a hotel 40 minutes away in Cardiff which is ironic since there will no longer be a need to stay in Swansea due to relegation but they will be staying in Cardiff next year to play Cardiff City who was promoted up to the PL.

I think the issue with Sunderland is ownership/finances.. they haven't been bankrolled to invest in their squad of players.. now they're being taken over by a guy who has a net worth of £8m. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have that net worth, but it's nowhere near enough for a team like Sunderland.

(05-12-2018, 02:57 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: [BLEEP] you too

The Europa League sucks... I mean, sure it's a trophy, but it means that their season starts at the end of July.. literally weeks after the World Cup finishes... Also, did you know that Chelsea are the biggest spenders on transfers since the Premier League began?

Oh, I am so pleased to have been proven wrong about Southampton.. stayed up by the skin of their teeth. I think their Chairman will work hard to ensure it doesn't happen again next season.

(05-14-2018, 09:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-14-2018, 06:41 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I think the issue with Sunderland is ownership/finances.. they haven't been bankrolled to invest in their squad of players.. now they're being taken over by a guy who has a net worth of £8m. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have that net worth, but it's nowhere near enough for a team like Sunderland.

Did you mean to quote me and not reply?

FULHAM PULLED IT OUT !!!

On to the Finals !!

(05-12-2018, 02:57 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:

[BLEEP] you too

I'm a PSG fan and yes I do hold grudges Smile

For anyone who wants to watch Fulham's performance from Monday:

Here's the first goal: 1-0.

Here's the second goal: 2-0

And finally the final whistle: and pitch invasion. 

Ryan Sessegnon is going to be some player.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him move in the summer regardless of the outcome of the Playoff Final.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 07:39 PM by JagsorDie.)

(05-17-2018, 04:29 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 02:57 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: [BLEEP] you too

I'm a PSG fan and yes I do hold grudges Smile
Weak. If you are talking the year we beat you after a 3-3 agg draw and we won off of home difference then I don't feel bad for you. You have under achieved for the talent on your roster for as long as I can remember. 

I still pull for them as my team for France though ??

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 07:54 PM by DarloJAG84.)

(05-18-2018, 07:38 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 04:29 PM)ColoJag Wrote: I'm a PSG fan and yes I do hold grudges Smile
Weak. If you are talking the year we beat you after a 3-3 agg draw and we won off of home difference then I don't feel bad for you. You have under achieved for the talent on your roster for as long as I can remember

Underachieved? Haven't they won the league and domestic cups almost every year for a while?

I think the thing with PSG is that they look really good because they play in a relatively poor league...

Looking at the main squad as it is, outside of Edinson Cavani, Julian Draxler and Neymar, I don't see anything to get excited about.

Angel Di Maria - Decent at Real Madrid but Manchester United flop.
Hatem Ben Arfa - Ok at Newcastle and Hull City.. but no more than ok..
Lassana Diarra - Meh

They have some decent players, I won't deny that.. but I don't think they have a squad of players that can legitimately challenge for a Champions League trophy, personally.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2018, 08:18 PM by JagsorDie.)

(05-18-2018, 07:53 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 07:38 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Weak. If you are talking the year we beat you after a 3-3 agg draw and we won off of home difference then I don't feel bad for you. You have under achieved for the talent on your roster for as long as I can remember

Underachieved? Haven't they won the league and domestic cups almost every year for a while?

I think the thing with PSG is that they look really good because they play in a relatively poor league...

Looking at the main squad as it is, outside of Edinson Cavani, Julian Draxler and Neymar, I don't see anything to get excited about.

Lassana Diarra - Meh

They have some decent players, I won't deny that.. but I don't think they have a squad of players that can legitimately challenge for a Champions League trophy, personally.

What I meant was underachieved as far as in UCL. The French league is weak. They spent 200 mil on a player and yes I think they have an a talented roster. Silva, Alves, verratti, are a few you didn't mention. lol I like em . But don't hold a grudge against my boys just cause you suck unless you got something to back It up.

Also when we beat em, they had ibra. I thought they were going to work us. That was back in our demba ba era.

(05-18-2018, 08:15 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 07:53 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Underachieved? Haven't they won the league and domestic cups almost every year for a while?

Lassana Diarra - Meh

What I meant was underachieved as far as in UCL. The French league is weak. They spent 200 mil on a player and yes I think they have an a talented roster. Silva, Alves, verratti, are a few you didn't mention. lol I like em . But don't hold a grudge against my boys just cause you suck unless you got something to back It up.

Also when we beat em, they had ibra. I thought they were going to work us. That was back in our demba ba era.

I did say they have some decent players, which I still admit and won't deny.. Although, Dani Alves is 35 and Thiago Silva is 33 so I didn't think it was relevant to mention them, personally (I'm basing this on the last few years). I think they've achieved roughly what they should have in the UCL thus far. When you compare their squad of players over the last few years to the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich.. I can't see how they would even challenge for winning the competition.

(05-18-2018, 08:42 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(05-18-2018, 08:15 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: What I meant was underachieved as far as in UCL. The French league is weak. They spent 200 mil on a player and yes I think they have an a talented roster. Silva, Alves, verratti, are a few you didn't mention. lol I like em . But don't hold a grudge against my boys just cause you suck unless you got something to back It up.

I did say they have some decent players, which I still admit and won't deny.. Although, Dani Alves is 35 and Thiago Silva is 33 so I didn't think it was relevant to mention them, personally (I'm basing this on the last few years). I think they've achieved roughly what they should have in the UCL thus far. When you compare their squad of players over the last few years to the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich.. I can't see how they would even challenge for winning the competition.
Yeah I guess that is valid. I guess I just question why they would drop almost a quarter of a billion on someone if they didn't feel they could compete. Yes real, Barca, Bayern, and manc are great but teams like Liverpool and Roma made a run and they have less talented squads than those teams and arguably psg as well.