Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Premier League Season 2017/18

(01-06-2018, 09:13 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 04:04 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: They are using Crouch as their main striker. a 36 y/o 6foot9 walking header. May not sound all that bad in some sports, but sort of stupid in this case. I mean he has his uses. but they probably shouldn't be the main resort.

Stoke in generally a well ran, mid table team. but i think they have gotten the raw end of a few of their more pricey transfers.

Peter Crouch is a good solid centre forward. I'd use him in the 'big man/little man' scenario.. kick it long, have Crouch head it on and a shorter striker playing off him to pick up the scraps.. he's no way a first choice striker.

Problem with Stoke is, they've gotten used to mid-table Premier League football. I'd love to see them invest in trying to push on into the top half. I mean, sure, they're not likely to compete with the big teams.. but I guess most people said that about Leicester a few years ago..
I agree completely. But like you said, as a first choice for the entire season, that is a weak.

I think they could easily be a Leicester 2016 team, but imo they have to play their cards right. If they get out of cup play early and dominate all the lower level league play and don't let any points slip, that would afford them a few losses to upper tier play and they could easily take advantage of a smaller schedule that teams like manu, manc, arsen, and tot will inevitably have play. That is what chel had last year, they didnt have champions cup and lost the league cup early so their sole concern was league table play. Chelsea has a way better squad but i feel like it is a formula that teams like stoke or everton could use.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This week's fixtures:

Saturday:

Crystal Palace v Burnley
Newcastle v Swansea
Watford v Southampton
Huddersfield v West Ham
West Brom v Brighton
Chelsea v Leicester
Tottenham v Everton

Sunday:

Bournemouth v Arsenal
Liverpool v Manchester City

Monday:

Manchester United v Stoke
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

anyone heard any cool tasfer rumors. I have heard a lot of crap thrown at the wall. But little i think will stick.

Ross Barkley>Chelsea
South ham D guy>liverpool

Rumors
Ronaldo>Blues(may hold some validity as a bargaining chip for hazard)

other than that it seems like a usual weak jan window.

SouthHam guy Van Dijk already signed for LP
Obviously Coutinho is gone
Pulisic to Man U or LP is a rumor
Sanchez to Man City is a rumor
Ozil apparently wants to leave

(01-13-2018, 09:05 PM)ColoJag Wrote: SouthHam guy Van Dijk already signed for LP
Obviously Coutinho is gone
Pulisic to Man U or LP is a rumor
Sanchez to Man City is a rumor
Ozil apparently wants to leave
I forgot about coutinho.

I really dont want Pulisic to got to manure. Anyone but them. I'm really pulling for this kid but i really hate Man U.

Alexis Sanchez to Manchester United is another rumour.. Jose looking to offer £25m plus Mkhitarian but may have to pay Sanchez's agent £10m to land the deal.

Manchester United are also interested in signing Mesut Ozil (rumour) and Manuel Akanji from Basel (also a rumour).

Liverpool are looking to spend another £53m on Sporting Lisbon winger Gelson Martins.

Saturday's results...

Crystal Palace 1-0 Burnley
Newcastle 1-1 Swansea
Watford 2-2 Southampton
Huddersfield 1-4 West Ham
West Brom 2-0 Brighton
Chelsea 0-0 Leicester
Tottenham 4-0 Everton

Having looked at the teams in and amongst the bottom half of the table, I think that Swansea are all but down already... I think Brighton and Huddersfield may join them.

Let's go LP!!!!

Liverpool 4-3 Man City
Bournemouth 2-1 Arsenal

Manchester United 3-0 Stoke.

Chelsea make contact with West Ham over Andy Carroll
Theo Walcott heading to Everton for a medical
Real Madrid open to Ronaldo exit
Chelsea join the race for Alexis Sanchez..

That's the latest big transfer news as it stands..

Walcott has signed for Everton..

So... Chelsea were looking at Andy Carroll, now they've turned their attention to Peter Crouch.. I mean, erm.. wow.

Sanchez & Mkhitarian swap... Sanchez to allegedly earn £500,000 per week!!

This weeks results:

Brighton 0-4 Chelsea
Everton 1-1 West Brom
Leicester 2-0 Watford
Arsenal 4-1 Crystal Palace
Southampton 1-1 Tottenham
West Ham 1-1 Bournemouth
Burnley 0-1 Manchester United
Stoke 2-0 Huddersfield
Manchester City 3-1 Newcastle
Swansea 1-0 Liverpool

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2018, 05:31 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Huge 3-0 win for Bournemouth over Chelsea

Relegation Zone is tight with only 5 points separating the #19 team from the #10 team.

Swansea gaining momentum.

#18 Southampton at (-11) has a better point differential than #9 Everton (-12) --- CRAZY !!!

This weekend:
Today:
Burnley v Manchester City
Manchester United v Huddersfield
Leicester City v Swansea City
West Brom v Southampton
Bournemouth v Stoke
Brighton v West Ham
Arsenal v Everton

Tomorrow:
Crystal Palace v Newcastle
Liverpool v Tottenham

Monday:
Watford v Chelsea

Some interesting games this weekend.. the ones that intrigues me the most are Liverpool v Tottenham, Arsenal v Everton and Watford v Chelsea.. I also fancy Alexis Sanchez to get his first goal for Manchester United against Huddersfield.

Darlo, I was thinking of you this morning as I was watching Bournemouth mount a comeback victory over Stoke. Your dang fans once again infiltrated the Bournemouth stadium and were chanting "WHEN THE SAINTS COME MARCHING IN " ha !!! Speaking of which Southampton had a critical victory of West Brom so I'd be really happy to see them escape relegation as long as Bournemouth and Crystal Palace can survive. Bournemouth appears to be safe now and CP has a key game vs Newcastle Sunday !!

Can't wait to get over there in a few years and do a tour of the Stadiums. In addition to hitting Bournemouth and CP matches, I definitely want to see Southampton and also Liverpool home matches to participate in their famous cheers (Saints - Saints come marching in /// Reds - You'll never walk alone).

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2018, 03:44 PM by DarloJAG84.)

(02-03-2018, 06:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Darlo, I was thinking of you this morning as I was watching Bournemouth mount a comeback victory over Stoke.  Your dang fans once again infiltrated the Bournemouth stadium and were chanting "WHEN THE SAINTS COME MARCHING IN "  ha !!!   Speaking of which Southampton had a critical victory of West Brom so I'd be really happy to see them escape relegation as long as Bournemouth and Crystal Palace can survive.  Bournemouth appears to be safe now and CP has a key game vs Newcastle Sunday !!

Can't wait to get over there in a few years and do a tour of the Stadiums.  In addition to hitting Bournemouth and CP matches, I definitely want to see Southampton and also Liverpool home matches to participate in their famous cheers (Saints - Saints come marching in /// Reds - You'll never walk alone).

That's a common thing over here... visiting fans often sing the main anthem of their oppositions rival to try and get the home fans to bite back. It happens a lot at St Mary's Stadium (Southampton) - Saints' bitter rivals are Portsmouth and they sing "Play up Pompey" (Pompey is their nickname). Visiting fans sing that chorus and generally 28k people sing back at them. It really does create quite an atmosphere.

I would happily give you a tour of a few stadia when you come over if you like? It would be my pleasure.. I could also take you to a lower league game if you like. That's worth it. Totally up to you, but you know where I am if you want to take me up on it. (Here/Facebook/Twitter etc).

Yes, very pleasing win yesterday, especially with going 1-0 down early on. We need to get Charlie Austin back ASAP.

Round up:

Burnley 1-1 Manchester City
Bournemouth 2-1 Stoke
Brighton 3-1 West Ham
Leicester 1-1 Swansea
Man Utd 2-0 Huddersfield
West Brom 2-3 Southampton
Arsenal 5-1 Everton
C. Palace 1-1 Newcasle
Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham
Watford 4-1 Chelsea

Apparently before this evenings game, Conte's job was hanging in the balance of this result... maybe he's going to lose his job now?

Tottenham 1-0 Arsenal
Swansea 1-0 Burnley
West Ham 2-0 Watford
Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace
Stoke 1-1 Brighton
Man City 5-1 Leicester
Huddersfield 4-1 Bournemouth
Newcastle 1-0 Man United
Southampton 0-2 Liverpool
Chelsea 3-0 West Brom

Last weeks results:

Leicester 1-1 Stoke
West Brom 1-2 Huddersfield
Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle
Liverpool 4-1 West Ham
Brighton 4-1 Swansea
Burnley 1-1 Southampton
Watford 1-0 Everton
Crystal Palace 0-1 Tottenham
Man United 2-1 Chelsea

Arsenal 0-3 Man City (Carabao Cup Final)..

Arsenal v Man City Premier League game will be played Thursday.