Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brandon Albert Retired

Jaguars OT Branden Albert retires after nine seasons

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ne-seasons

Jacksonville Jaguars veteran offensive tackle Branden Albert retired on Monday after nine NFL seasons, the team announced. The Jags acquired Albert in a trade with the Dolphins this offseason.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And Albert wanted more money? Pshhh

Why is Jaxson making a new thread for every single article posted about this?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(07-31-2017, 11:07 AM)mvannostran Wrote: Why is Jaxson making a new thread for every single article posted about this?

Because he's not yet smart enough to create ***official*** subject consolidation threads.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I really got the sense he didn't want to play in Jax. The team needs to get rid of that distraction.

(07-31-2017, 10:55 AM)NCJag Wrote: Guess pencil Cam in to start week 1.  Wasn't Bowanko getting looks at L and R tackle before he disappeared?

Boselli and Lageman were both lobbying for Bowanko to get looks at LG during the live broadcast of practice FWIW. 
They said he looks bigger and stronger this year. 

I have no idea who Marrone/Hackett/Flaherty are looking at for LT besides Robinson though.

Been saying it all along. This offensive line gonna be trash. Had chances to upgrade via free agency.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 11:21 AM by knarnn.)

And this guy had the nerve to hold out for more money??? Caldwell deserves some praise for sticking to his guns on this one.

The guard positions look to be up for grabs. I've been somewhat impressed by Earl Watford in his short stint here along with Omameh. Don't be surprised if one of them beats out Cann.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

There hasn't been a single report since he finally showed up for mandatory practices that indicates he was winning the starting gig. All reports made it sound like he was slow and out of shape. Getting handled by Fowler the other night, along with looking at the QB he'd be protecting makes this decision seem pretty prudent on his part. It also makes the Robinson pick in the draft a smart move.

Looking at what's in free agency for depth, Ryan Clady is the top tackle still out there, and that's not exactly an inspiring prospect.

Nick Mangold is still out there if you want to shift Linder over.

I think the team still needs to look at their options in veteran free agency to bring in someone to help with the depth at a minimum, and perhaps to compete for the starting gig at center or guard. Robinson is now the starting LT for this team, and that's fine.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Did the trade have any insurance attached? Such as if they guy doesn't play we get a bonus pick in the draft? I would hate to say we gave J Thomas away for 0.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(07-31-2017, 11:12 AM)knarnn Wrote: And this guy had the nerve to hold out for more money??? Caldwell deserves some praise for sticking to his guns on this one.

The guard positions look to be up for grabs. I've been somewhat impressed by Earl Watford in his short stint here along with Omameh. Don't be surprised if one of them beats out Cann.

You have to wonder if they might have suspected this could happen, and that's one of the reasons they didn't budge on giving him a new contract.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(07-31-2017, 11:26 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Did the trade have any insurance attached? Such as if they guy doesn't play we get a bonus pick in the draft? I would hate to say we gave J Thomas away for 0.

Insurance on a 7th round pick that most likely wouldn't be on the opening day roster?  I think they'll be fine.

(07-31-2017, 11:12 AM)knarnn Wrote:

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Omameh and Watford start at guard.  Shatley and Cann weren't looking so good yesterday.

I sure hope they can get Robinson ready to go to start as a rookie. 

Flaherty certainly has his hands full trying to cobble together this line with a rookie LT, one stud in the middle, a solid back-up RT and a scrap heap of middling guards to shuffle through.

(07-31-2017, 11:11 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Been saying it all along. This offensive line gonna be trash. Had chances to upgrade via free agency.

We know that if there's ever a negative angle to take on ANY topic, Debbie Downer will be right there to soil himself over it.  At least you're consistently predictable.

Dave just keeps outdoing himself, lol.

Watching the pass rush drills video, Albert was getting abused out there by Ngakoue and Fowler.

Meanwhile, on the right side, I'm thinking Poutasi looks better than Parnell. If Parnell fails to start, the team might cut him.

...and Shatley still looks like garbage. I really don't know what the coaches are thinking as starting him is on par with the decision to keep Henne around. Omameh looked much better out there. At this point, I'm thinking Omameh beats out Shatley for one of the G spots, and then the other G spot is too close to call between Watford and Cann. 

Linder is far and away our best OL... the only one close might be Cam who looked much better than Albert. I think Albert knew he was not about to beat out Cam.

Wells at LT and Bowanko at C both did a solid job and will probably claim roster spots for themselves. Wells just went from being a bubble player to a virtual roster lock with the Albert retirement.

I'm cutting Chris Reed today. At least I can compare Shatley to garbage, but Reed doesn't belong in this league.

'02

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 11:49 AM by knarnn.)

(07-31-2017, 11:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 11:12 AM)knarnn Wrote:

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Omameh and Watford start at guard.  Shatley and Cann weren't looking so good yesterday.

I sure hope they can get Robinson ready to go to start as a rookie. 

Flaherty certainly has his hands full trying to cobble together this line with a rookie LT, one stud in the middle, a solid back-up RT and a scrap heap of middling guards to shuffle through.

And just as I typed that I see John O. tweet that Omameh is running with the first team today ahead of Shatley.

8.9 mill freed up this year because of Albert's retirement. Time to pay Telvin.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(07-31-2017, 11:32 AM)FBT Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 11:11 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Been saying it all along. This offensive line gonna be trash. Had chances to upgrade via free agency.

We know that if there's ever a negative angle to take on ANY topic, Debbie Downer will be right there to soil himself over it.  At least you're consistently predictable.

Go back to the free agency threads. I said the team ignoring the oline would hurt. Not much has changed from last year. The team needs to make a move.

(07-31-2017, 11:43 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Dave just keeps outdoing himself, lol.

For drafting Albert's replacement?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Mike Kaye
(@mike_e_kaye)

Cam Robinson just did very very well against Dante Fowler in two one on one reps. #Jaguars

12 mins ago · Twitter