Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brandon Albert Retired

Well the first Coughlin operation of the offseason with the release of Beachum and this LT trade didn't go as expected.

Let's hope Cam Robinson does a solid job out there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

o-line is young and questionable and bortles is bortles. Malik Jackson talking Super Bowl. lol

(07-31-2017, 11:47 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Watching the pass rush drills video, Albert was getting abused out there by Ngakoue and Fowler.

Meanwhile, on the right side, I'm thinking Poutasi looks better than Parnell. If Parnell fails to start, the team might cut him.

...and Shatley still looks like garbage. I really don't know what the coaches are thinking as starting him is on par with the decision to keep Henne around. Omameh looked much better out there. At this point, I'm thinking Omameh beats out Shatley for one of the G spots, and then the other G spot is too close to call between Watford and Cann. 

Linder is far and away our best OL... the only one close might be Cam who looked much better than Albert. I think Albert knew he was not about to beat out Cam.

Wells at LT and Bowanko at C both did a solid job and will probably claim roster spots for themselves. Wells just went from being a bubble player to a virtual roster lock with the Albert retirement.

I'm cutting Chris Reed today. At least I can compare Shatley to garbage, but Reed doesn't belong in this league.

Bravo good sir. Bravo.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 12:32 PM by Jest101.)

(07-31-2017, 11:03 AM)NCJag Wrote: I dunno.  Everyone was high on that Avery Gennessey UDFA pickup. Between Cam, him, Shatley, Reed, Bowanko, Linder, Cann, Parnell, and Poutassi they should be able to cobble together some sort of line.

Edit:  Forgot Watford and Omameh

My response:

Linder, Cann and Parnell are the only NFL starting caliber OL we have now.  Cann and Parnell are suspect and generally average from what we've seen.  Picking up Robinson was good, but he will probably have a rough year and hopefully be better in a year or 2.  I'm so glad we let Beachum walk (who is an NFL starting OL).

So the 2 weakest areas are in trouble.  The OL isn't looking any better.  And Bortles looked atrocious Saturday night.  That's awesome!

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 12:40 PM by fredalwaysajag.)

I'll retire b4 I resort to playing GUARD- (I'm guessing this)

It would seem that the amped up urgency has weeded out the 1st player to say, "man, screw this. I'm done". Maybe things like this were to be expected. Separate the hungry (who wanna eat) one way or another.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Thumbs Down 

What was the point of him holding out?  Good riddance
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

If clady is available as someone mentioned, I feel we should jump all over that

(07-31-2017, 12:44 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: If clady is available as someone mentioned, I feel we should jump all over that

oooh! maybe use that roster spot on a tall guy with an afro (or braided up) who sinks to his knees for our Great Nation. Just SS3 Sayin-

Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) · Twitter

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz

Dolphins say they no longer will get late-round 2018 draft pick from Jaguars because of Albert's retirement

11 mins ago · Twitter
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(07-31-2017, 12:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) · Twitter

Dolphins say they no longer will get late-round 2018 draft pick from Jaguars because of Albert's retirement

11 mins ago · Twitter

I wondered about this. Completely removes any sting from Albert's retirement.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Marrone is separating the men from the boys. His tough practices are making the cupcakes retire. Next up is Henne? Or will the clipboard god prevail? Stay tuned!

(07-31-2017, 01:01 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Marrone is separating the men from the boys. His tough practices are making the cupcakes retire. Next up is Henne? Or will the clipboard god prevail? Stay tuned!

List of QBs Ill take over Henne.

RGII
CK
Vick
Tebow
Todd Bouman
Vince young
Willie Beamen
Shane Falco
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(07-31-2017, 12:51 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 12:44 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: If clady is available as someone mentioned, I feel we should jump all over that

oooh! maybe use that roster spot on a tall guy with an afro (or braided up) who sinks to his knees for our Great Nation. Just SS3 Sayin-

I'm trying to wrap my head around the image of Mr. Non-conformity being signed by a discipline-first team...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Makes BAP seem like the smart move with this. Had they gone with need Cam would not be here and we'd have a gapping hole a LT right now.

Brian Chojnacki (@BroadcastingBri) · Twitter

https://twitter.com/BroadcastingBri

Doug Marrone "Branden Albert walked in today and said he was retiring. I just thought ok time to move on." #Jaguars #TeamSideline
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

11 mins ago · Twitter

Whew!  Keeping that 7th rounder saves the day!
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 01:33 PM by fredalwaysajag.)

(07-31-2017, 01:04 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 12:51 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: oooh! maybe use that roster spot on a tall guy with an afro (or braided up) who sinks to his knees for our Great Nation. Just SS3 Sayin-

I'm trying to wrap my head around the image of Mr. Non-conformity being signed by a discipline-first team...

IDK.. I feel he just stood up for a cause he believed in by sitting and kneeling.  Guy's not really a knucklehead but I doubt he sheds his beliefs. In all honesty, he probably would'nt be a good fit for the Jax community because of the military town, but I don't see him as being that diva/ distraction/ non-conforming teammate  that he's been made out to be. Even last year, in the midst of it all, he found a way to tone it down a bit.

If he gives a (this) losing organization a chance to win, I'm all for it. In 12 games last year he threw for like 2200 yds with a 60% completion ratio, 16 tds and 4 ints. (though he did fumble 7 times)- Google Baby!

(07-31-2017, 01:23 PM)FBT Wrote:

11 mins ago · Twitter

Whew!  Keeping that 7th rounder saves the day!
I think I'm starting to recognize sarcasm.

(07-31-2017, 01:07 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Makes BAP seem like the smart move with this. Had they gone with need Cam would not be here and we'd have a gapping hole a LT right now.

The Cam pick was BAP and  it was a need.  
Albert was  only meant to be a brief stop-gap at best and he didn't even make it that far. 

Now,  they could have chosen one of the highly ranked guards in round 2 and that would have been a bit more of a "need" pick in the eyes of many  -- And of course now that would look like a bad move. (Perhaps that's what you were implying.)

Albert tried to Hugh Douglas us but Coughwell didn't fall for it. Nicely done!

According to PFT Jags could claw back 3.4 million of Albert's signing bonus. MY guess is they don't but you never know.