Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brandon Albert Retired

(07-31-2017, 12:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) · Twitter

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz

Dolphins say they no longer will get late-round 2018 draft pick from Jaguars because of Albert's retirement

11 mins ago · Twitter

Yes!

I thought this was the case and was even tempted to look back at the original articles when I got the chance. Cool.

(07-31-2017, 12:44 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: If clady is available as someone mentioned, I feel we should jump all over that

He is currently available, and the guy is a total stud LT in this league.

It wouldn't shock me in the least to hear news that we picked him up to the extent that if we don't, they must really like the idea of starting their second round rookie at LT. 

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

we should get michal oher

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(07-31-2017, 05:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 12:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) · Twitter

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz

Dolphins say they no longer will get late-round 2018 draft pick from Jaguars because of Albert's retirement

11 mins ago · Twitter

Yes!

I thought this was the case and was even tempted to look back at the original articles when I got the chance. Cool.

(07-31-2017, 12:44 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: If clady is available as someone mentioned, I feel we should jump all over that

He is currently available, and the guy is a total stud LT in this league.

It wouldn't shock me in the least to hear news that we picked him up to the extent that if we don't, they must really like the idea of starting their second round rookie at LT. 
I don't think he's that stud you still see him as. If he was I imagine he would already be on a roster.

I'm not against bringing him in for some competition but not overly optimistic.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 06:06 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

My suspicion is the camp is too hard and might lose his job to a rookie. He thought he was getting paid to come play kid's ball with big boy money and guaranteed a starting position. What a piece of you know what.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 06:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(07-31-2017, 05:39 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 05:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I believe we should avoid the guys on that list. I would at least inquire about Joe Staley. Late last season there were trade rumors swirling around him. We have an abundance of solid receivers and if we could move one of them and a mid round draft pick to acquire Staley, I wouldn't be opposed. That would only be if the Niners would agree. Maybe they wanna hold onto him though. I would at least ask about him. If that didn't work, I wait until cuts and see who is out there.

Not even Clady or Beatty? And I'll move Greene in a heartbeat. We need to shop him to see if we can get a viable LT or OG.

Clady is a shell of what he once was and can't stay healthy. Beatty wouldn't offer us much more than what we have now. I'm looking for someone who could start at LT for the next 2 seasons, as we will likely be using our 1st round pick and possibly more, on a new QB in the next draft. Franchise LT's don't grow on trees and it'll likely take a 1st rounder to get a stud. That means we probably wait until 2018. Like I said, I believe Robinson is a pure RT and I had him penned in to eventually replace Parnell. I still believe this happens, because I think the coaching staff will realize sooner or later that he lacks the footwork to play LT. If we were to be able to make a deal for Staley, we would be much better off than we are now, but if the Niners don't wanna trade him, I see no other long term options. Personally, I believe we have enough depth at WR that I'd be open to trading any of our guys, but I'd push for Lee. If we moved him, we wouldn't have to give up much more, if anything. We painted ourselves into a corner by trading for someone like Albert and only spending one draft pick on the O-Line. Now, it's very likely to bite us in the butt.

Now all we need is for Beachum to have a pro bowl year and we can BecauseJaguars this series of events at LT, in our trustee BecauseJaguars vault of BEcauseJaguars things that continue to happen to this franchise. Dave Caldwell has to be on a short, short leash. Did very little to sure up QB and Oline in FA. Now it seems those are our 2 very, very glaring weaknesses.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 06:31 PM by Jags.)

(07-31-2017, 06:05 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: My suspicion is the camp is too hard and might lose his job to a rookie. He thought he was getting paid to come play kid's ball with big boy money and guaranteed a starting position. What a piece of you know what.

[BLEEP].   I believe the word you're looking for is [BLEEP].

Or maybe it's poop.

He can go [BLEEP] himself. Goodbye and good riddance to bad Albert.

(07-31-2017, 06:28 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Now all we need is for Beachum to have a pro bowl year and we can BecauseJaguars this series of events at LT, in our trustee BecauseJaguars vault of BEcauseJaguars things that continue to happen to this franchise. Dave Caldwell has to be on a short, short leash. Did very little to sure up QB and Oline in FA. Now it seems those are our 2 very, very glaring weaknesses.

With our track record, we'll fire Caldwell and replace him with Ryan Grigson.

(07-31-2017, 06:28 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Now all we need is for Beachum to have a pro bowl year and we can BecauseJaguars this series of events at LT, in our trustee BecauseJaguars vault of BEcauseJaguars things that continue to happen to this franchise. Dave Caldwell has to be on a short, short leash. Did very little to sure up QB and Oline in FA. Now it seems those are our 2 very, very glaring weaknesses.

IIRC, trading for Albert was the first move in the TOM COUGHLIN era. If we are going to point fingers lets be sure to at least point them in the right direction.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Robinson was the LT of THE elite college program. It's not a stretch to see him transition well to the NFL. I'm going to take the wait and see approach.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(07-31-2017, 06:50 PM)knarnn Wrote:

IIRC, trading for Albert was the first move in the TOM COUGHLIN era. If we are going to point fingers lets be sure to at least point them in the right direction.

It doesn't work like that for the haters though. It was only a Coughlin move if the trade worked out and Albert had a good year.

You have to remember that anything that benefits the team, it's clearly a Coughlin move. Anything that doesn't benefit the team, is clearly a Caldwell move in their simple little minds. Even though they'll all openly say that they believe Coughlin is the man in charge, they still place all fault on Caldwell if they don't like the move, or if something doesn't pan out.

It really is comedy watching how some of these posters will spin their blind hate around.

My guess is we sniff around Beatty as TC likely knows what we are getting there.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(07-31-2017, 06:04 PM)paulyman29 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 05:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote: He is currently available, and the guy is a total stud LT in this league.

I don't think he's that stud you still see him as. If he was I imagine he would already be on a roster.

I'm not against bringing him in for some competition but not overly optimistic.

I may be reminiscing about Clady. The Jets are avoiding paying him over $10 mil this season by releasing him, and seeing how they are clearly rebuilding I get that. However, looking up his stats I see he only started the first half of the season last year before tearing his rotator cuff, and he was completely out of football in 2015. He's actually been a free agent since the Jets declined an option to keep him back on March 17th, and still no takers... not even the Seahawks who plan to start Luke Joeckel at LT.

I liked Clady with the Broncos, and recall at one time him being considered as one of the top OTs in the game, but his days of being an elite player are long behind him. 

(07-31-2017, 06:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 05:39 PM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Not even Clady or Beatty? And I'll move Greene in a heartbeat. We need to shop him to see if we can get a viable LT or OG.

Clady is a shell of what he once was and can't stay healthy. Beatty wouldn't offer us much more than what we have now. I'm looking for someone who could start at LT for the next 2 seasons, as we will likely be using our 1st round pick and possibly more, on a new QB in the next draft. Franchise LT's don't grow on trees and it'll likely take a 1st rounder to get a stud. That means we probably wait until 2018. Like I said, I believe Robinson is a pure RT and I had him penned in to eventually replace Parnell. I still believe this happens, because I think the coaching staff will realize sooner or later that he lacks the footwork to play LT. If we were to be able to make a deal for Staley, we would be much better off than we are now, but if the Niners don't wanna trade him, I see no other long term options. Personally, I believe we have enough depth at WR that I'd be open to trading any of our guys, but I'd push for Lee. If we moved him, we wouldn't have to give up much more, if anything. We painted ourselves into a corner by trading for someone like Albert and only spending one draft pick on the O-Line. Now, it's very likely to bite us in the butt.

Sorry, but you're totally sleeping on Cam as an LT. At his size, it's easy to think of him as being strictly an RT, but when you actually talk to those who spent years watching him at LSU, he's deceptively light on his feet. All of the "experts" peg him as an eventual starter at LT... not RT. Really the only concern is how raw he is, and what that means in terms of vets possibly schooling him. To say he'll never be more than a starting RT is a failure on your part to understand who Cam is. 

Beachum really did play great against the pass last year... much better for instance that Parnell... but his weaknesses in the run game were just too glaring, and the Jaguars are making clear their intent to run the ball this season.

(07-31-2017, 07:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 06:50 PM)knarnn Wrote: IIRC, trading for Albert was the first move in the TOM COUGHLIN era. If we are going to point fingers lets be sure to at least point them in the right direction.

It doesn't work like that for the haters though. It was only a Coughlin move if the trade worked out and Albert had a good year.

You have to remember that anything that benefits the team, it's clearly a Coughlin move. Anything that doesn't benefit the team, is clearly a Caldwell move in their simple little minds. Even though they'll all openly say that they believe Coughlin is the man in charge, they still place all fault on Caldwell if they don't like the move, or if something doesn't pan out.

It really is comedy watching how some of these posters will spin their blind hate around.

Indeed the trade for Albert was OBVIOUSLY a Coughlin move. I'm convinced that if it were not for Coughlin, Beachum would still be the LT. 

'02

(07-31-2017, 09:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
Sorry, but you're totally sleeping on Cam as an LT. At his size, it's easy to think of him as being strictly an RT, but when you actually talk to those who spent years watching him at LSU, he's deceptively light on his feet. All of the "experts" peg him as an eventual starter at LT... not RT. Really the only concern is how raw he is, and what that means in terms of vets possibly schooling him. To say he'll never be more than a starting RT is a failure on your part to understand who Cam is. 

I formed this opinion after watching Cam get thoroughly abused by Derek Barnett, when Alabama played Tennessee last season. Robinson was slow to get off the ball and Barnett used a combination speed/bull rush with a spin move to beat him like a drum. Barnett ended the game with 2 TFL 1 sack, 1 Interception and a forced fumble. Somebody the caliber of J.J. Watt is gonna destroy Cam.

OK folks.. Caldwell is still the GM. Tom gets final say, he is to blame too. Jesus.

(07-31-2017, 02:33 PM)newporttom Wrote: According to PFT Jags could claw back 3.4 million of Albert's signing bonus. MY guess is they don't but you never know.

They should go after every penny they can. Much like his sitting out voluntary work was just business, so would a move like this.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

You have to love the BBC crowd delegating that Robinson is strictly a RT when in fact he played LT for a national championship team and was widely touted as the pre season favorite to be selected number one overall before the gun charge. Considering their lovefest Lamp was passed on with the Robinson selection, they still stick to their guns by dismissing Robinson's skillset in order to control the narrative.

Also, Smoot was a preseason top10 favorite as well. That's quite a haul we got this year in the first three rounds.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(08-01-2017, 03:43 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: You have to love the BBC crowd delegating that Robinson is strictly a RT when in fact he played LT for a national championship team and was widely touted as the pre season favorite to be selected number one overall before the gun charge. Considering their lovefest Lamp was passed on with the Robinson selection, they still stick to their guns by dismissing Robinson's skillset in order to control the narrative.

Also, Smoot was a preseason top10 favorite as well. That's quite a haul we got this year in the first three rounds.

Who cares about preseason rankings? It's all about proving it on the field in actual game situations. Preseason rankings mean absolutely nothing.

(08-01-2017, 05:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 03:43 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: You have to love the BBC crowd delegating that Robinson is strictly a RT when in fact he played LT for a national championship team and was widely touted as the pre season favorite to be selected number one overall before the gun charge. Considering their lovefest Lamp was passed on with the Robinson selection, they still stick to their guns by dismissing Robinson's skillset in order to control the narrative.

Who cares about preseason rankings? It's all about proving it on the field in actual game situations. Preseason rankings mean absolutely nothing.

Like we didn't know that genius
[Image: giphy.gif]

(07-31-2017, 11:25 PM)FBT Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 02:33 PM)newporttom Wrote: According to PFT Jags could claw back 3.4 million of Albert's signing bonus. MY guess is they don't but you never know.

They should go after every penny they can. Much like his sitting out voluntary work was just business, so would a move like this.

The Jaguars can't go after this money because it's not in their books. I'm not even sure if his $25,000 workout bonus is counting in the Jaguars books considering he skipped the OTAs. The Jaguars already freed up Brenden's entire $8.9 mil cap hit. There's nothing more to collect. As for the $3.4 mil signing bonus in Albert's bank account, that's in the Dolphins cap as dead money. He didn't quit on the Dolphins, so they can't go after this either. Albert successfully banked every penny.

(07-31-2017, 10:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 09:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

I formed this opinion after watching Cam get thoroughly abused by Derek Barnett, when Alabama played Tennessee last season. Robinson was slow to get off the ball and Barnett used a combination speed/bull rush with a spin move to beat him like a drum. Barnett ended the game with 2 TFL 1 sack, 1 Interception and a forced fumble. Somebody the caliber of J.J. Watt is gonna destroy Cam.

He'd get help against JJ from TEs and scheme's away from him. I'm more concerned about JJ vs Parnell.

Barnett is a special player. I recall a few fans here wanting him over Fournette and all other DLs at #4. While I don't like hearing this, it doesn't change the opinion of virtually everyone involved with LSU that Cam projects to be a 10-year starter at LT in the NFL.

Let's see how he turns out. The Jaguars coaches are no doubt giving him plenty of extra attention, and just watching him compared to the other OLs on the roster I'm impressed with what I'm seeing.

'02