Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles bounce back practice.

(07-31-2017, 02:32 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I want to see the Bortles of the last two games in 2016. That guy was pretty damn good.

He's great when it doesn't matter

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-31-2017, 04:37 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 02:27 PM)Jerrad Wrote: They must have been practicing garbage time today.
Please go find another team to root for because obviously you want this team to fail based on things is not going your way.

You guys need to lighten up. Considering our play for the last few years, it's pretty danged funny.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2017, 05:12 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Garbage time...lol...legit funny

Brandon Allen threw a nice TD to DD.

(07-31-2017, 04:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 04:37 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Please go find another team to root for because obviously you want this team to fail based on things is not going your way.

You guys need to lighten up. Considering our play for the last few years, it's pretty danged funny.

I thought that was pretty funny too. It makes it easier to root thru tough stuff when u don't take it too seriously and make light of it.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Good ol Bortles doing his thang. Dont know if hes gonna throw for 500 yards or not complete a single pass(to the correct team).

(07-31-2017, 04:30 PM)Kotite Wrote: A Rob was uncoverable today. Even with Bouye draped on him, Blake was able to go back to him several times.

Blake needs to find the open read. Not the guy who is covered and makes you look good with athleticism and skills...

(07-31-2017, 07:26 PM)Jest101 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 04:30 PM)Kotite Wrote: A Rob was uncoverable today. Even with Bouye draped on him, Blake was able to go back to him several times.

Blake needs to find the open read. Not the guy who is covered and makes you look good with athleticism and skills...

Agreed generally.

That said, how do you know he didn't do that in these instances?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The season hasn't started yet.. but people still love to argue...

..I love the internet.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(07-31-2017, 07:26 PM)Jest101 Wrote:

He was spreading the ball around. A lot of the throws to A Rob looked to be Blake putting the ball where only he could get it along the sideline. I think his completion percentage today shows he was making good decisions. Our defense provides a good challenge for him.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(07-31-2017, 01:24 PM)FBT Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 12:57 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Zero INTs and completed his last 14 passes. 

But, because he did well, "it's just practice"

It's a good thing the local media will still focus on Saturday.  They should be able to wring a full week out of that one.

National media too.
NFL Network was all over the Saturday stuff and then mentioned a quick mention of a tweet about Monday,

Louis Riddick (spl?) was on every sports show and was basically trashing Bortles....

Maybe for good reason... but either way I'm over trying to judge this team based on practices.
We'll see what's up with that 3rd preseason game... and moreso within the first two games of the real season.

Outside of that, I'm no longer going to concern myself with what people think, see, or say about any of the practices.

(08-01-2017, 09:09 AM)Kane Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 01:24 PM)FBT Wrote: It's a good thing the local media will still focus on Saturday.  They should be able to wring a full week out of that one.

National media too.
NFL Network was all over the Saturday stuff and then mentioned a quick mention of a tweet about Monday,

Louis Riddick (spl?) was on every sports show and was basically trashing Bortles....

Maybe for good reason... but either way I'm over trying to judge this team based on practices.
We'll see what's up with that 3rd preseason game... and moreso within the first two games of the real season.

Outside of that, I'm no longer going to concern myself with what people think, see, or say about any of the practices.

This is the tact I've taken as well. Given this team's history, I'm amazed anyone would try to interpret team success based on draft and preseason practices. Wait and see.

(07-31-2017, 01:05 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: As I've repeatedly said, it's all just practice right now. I know the bib brigade wants to jump on the guy, but let's see him in a few real games before we decide he can or can't get it done.

This.
Everyone take a deep breath and repeat: It's just practice. Let's see the first couple of real games this season before we start piling on the accolades or start building the gallows.

We know the guy has talent. We've seen him play well and it's a high level. The step he needs to make is to eliminate the lows. Or to raise the floor so a bad day isn't 5 picks, it's 5 throwaways. Lots of QBs in league history had great skill. But they couldn't eliminate the bad throws.

(07-31-2017, 12:57 PM)mvannostran Wrote: Zero INTs and completed his last 14 passes. 

But, because he did well, "it's just practice"

Lol Jest101 gave me a negative rep point for this post
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bortles is what he is.

(08-08-2017, 11:43 PM)uthill Wrote: Bortles is what he is.

[Image: Deep-Thoughts-Hulu.jpg]

So far it sounds like he's been inconsistent. Between the practices here and the joint practices with New England. I am trying not to really sweat it too much. We'll see how it comes together tomorrow night for maybe a series or two. If he can string together a solid drive on his first possession and just punch it in the red zone it honestly does wash away the thoughts of his inconsistency.

That's ultimately the bottom line. I don't care if he's rough looking during practice. Just as long as he reels back on his mistakes, and figures out how to get his accuracy up and under control during the games that count. He'll be fine. Ideally you'd want to see a touch back tomorrow night, and see the offense convert maybe one or two third downs, and a good mix of run and pass. Hopefully ending with either a TD pass in the corner or Fournette gutting the defense open up the middle.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."