Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Injuries & Injury Updates

(08-07-2017, 03:30 PM)knarnn Wrote: Should we start becoming concerned about Jalen Ramsey's recovery? If i'm not mistaken his expected return was 6 weeks. He had surgery on June 15th according to the TU. Is it time to start panicking yet?

No as long as he's ready for week 1

But would like for him to get some reps in at least 1 preseason game
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-07-2017, 03:46 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 03:30 PM)knarnn Wrote: Should we start becoming concerned about Jalen Ramsey's recovery? If i'm not mistaken his expected return was 6 weeks. He had surgery on June 15th according to the TU. Is it time to start panicking yet?

No as long as he's ready for week 1

But would like for him to get some reps in at least 1 preseason game

I'm willing to bet he plays a lil bit in preseason...

But if he doesn't, I'm not worried about him.

He had knee surgery last year, came in day one of camp and was wow'ing people with what he could do...

As long as he is able to run (he began running late June, early July) I think he'll be OK.

They've been saying all along that they were going to be extra cautious with him.  The guy has nothing to prove right now.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Lageman somewhat suggesting that maybe, just maybe Hurns' injury today was a possible concussion concern because of the way he landed -- and the history he has with concussions.

Hey, we're Jaguars fans.  It's always time to panic!   Banana Tongue
[Image: giphy.gif]

(08-07-2017, 07:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lageman somewhat suggesting that maybe, just maybe Hurns' injury today was a possible concussion concern because of the way he landed -- and the history he has with concussions.

I remember someone saying (Twitter??) Hurns was limping badly but able to walk on his own when leaving the field with the trainers. Not sure how you limp from a concussion...stumble maybe?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

any info on campbell? As far as I know he hasnt practiced in a long while, and I have heard zero updates, kind of worrying

(08-07-2017, 08:34 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: any info on campbell?  As far as I know he hasnt practiced in a long while, and I have heard zero updates, kind of worrying

I highly doubt it's much, but more so them just being cautious on somebody who doesn't really need a bunch of practice time. The guy has logged A LOT of miles in the NFL and we don't really need him battling right now. We need him on Sept 10th++.

(08-07-2017, 08:34 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: any info on campbell?  As far as I know he hasnt practiced in a long while, and I have heard zero updates, kind of worrying

He's been doing individual drills only as of late. The team is just being cautious.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

oh ok that's good... thanks for the info. with us I always assume the worst when injuries arent fully disclosed

Nope. Panic should set in by week 3 of the preseason. If Ramsey is not playing in that game, I would worry a little. Same with any starter by that point..

BTW

Marrone seems intent on not discussing injuries until he has to do so. That'd be prior to week one of reg season.
I wouldn't expect a wealth of info on some of these guys. Especially if they are trying to do the ol' bubble-wrap-until-september routine with a few starters. (Campbell/Ramsey)

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2017, 09:52 AM by Dakota.)

(08-07-2017, 07:10 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

Hey, we're Jaguars fans.  It's always time to panic!   Banana Tongue

TO THE MODIS! Tongue
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Week 1, Jags make Tom Savage look like Tom Brady. That is Jaguars football that we all know.

Ryan O'Halloran‏Account verificato @ryanohalloran 10 min10 minuti fa
Altro
Not practicing for #jaguars - Ramsey, Colvin, Gaffney, Horton, Watford, Rivera, Hurns, Campbell.

(And Albert)

Parnell hobbles off

Per Ryan O

(08-08-2017, 09:58 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Week 1, Jags make Tom Savage look like Tom Brady.  That is Jaguars football that we all know.

What exactly does this comment have to do with injuries or injury updates?

Not that Parnell is a world beater but of all the injuries noted, he is the one to be concerned with in my opinion. I've been hearing whispers that he has struggled to get healthy (groin/hip issue) since last year. I believe it was somewhat touched on Jags Monday as well. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get uprooted until he can get over this nagging injury he has.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-08-2017, 05:24 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Not that Parnell is a world beater but of all the injuries noted, he is the one to be concerned with in my opinion. I've been hearing whispers that he has struggled to get healthy (groin/hip issue) since last year. I believe it was somewhat touched on Jags Monday as well. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get uprooted until he can get over this nagging injury he has.

Yes. I think we'll get a dose of Gennesy and Poutasi out there on the right end for a few weeks as Parnell gets a chance to heal up. 

If he's at least near full health when the week 3 game rolls around, maybe give him one series to evaluate on film.

(08-08-2017, 05:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 05:24 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Not that Parnell is a world beater but of all the injuries noted, he is the one to be concerned with in my opinion. I've been hearing whispers that he has struggled to get healthy (groin/hip issue) since last year. I believe it was somewhat touched on Jags Monday as well. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get uprooted until he can get over this nagging injury he has.

Yes. I think we'll get a dose of Gennesy and Poutasi out there on the right end for a few weeks as Parnell gets a chance to heal up. 

If he's at least near full health when the week 3 game rolls around, maybe give him one series to evaluate on film.
I bet Gennessey makes the final 53.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!