Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Injuries & Injury Updates

(08-28-2017, 02:07 PM)JNev Wrote: Kind of concerned that we haven't heard anything about Westbrook's injury

FYI: Saw this on twitter.

Brian Jackson‏Verified account @WJXTBJackson 47m47 minutes ago
Marrone: Dede Westbrook went up to Philly to get looked at. We expect him to be back and play Thursday. @wjxt4

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cole Pepper‏
@ColePepper

Marrone: on Fournette and Lee...week one looks good right now, but have to wait and see

(08-28-2017, 02:32 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 02:07 PM)JNev Wrote: Kind of concerned that we haven't heard anything about Westbrook's injury

FYI: Saw this on twitter.

Marrone: Dede Westbrook went up to Philly to get looked at. We expect him to be back and play Thursday. @wjxt4

Didn't Hurns go to Philly for a sports hernia evaluation?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(08-28-2017, 02:53 PM)mvannostran Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 02:32 PM)Jags239 Wrote: FYI: Saw this on twitter.

Didn't Hurns go to Philly for a sports hernia evaluation?
Yea he did but not sure if the two are related.

isn't fourtnette's injury a stepped on toe? I can't imagine he is actually in any doubt for week 1

(08-28-2017, 02:58 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: isn't fourtnette's injury a stepped on toe?  I can't imagine he is actually in any doubt for week 1

Sounds like he's just covering his bases:

@Mike_e_kaye

Marrone said Lee & Fournette have looked great since returning to practice. Expects them to play Week 1 but has to say "we'll see." #Jaguars
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

true

Relieved about Dede. Excited for him to get a ton of time with Allen on Thursday

Any news about Earl Wartford? He was brought in to compete for one of the starting guard positions and he is supposed to excel at run blocking, but I haven't heard a word about him.

(08-28-2017, 09:58 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Any news about Earl Wartford?  He was brought in to compete for one of the starting guard positions and he is supposed to excel at run blocking, but I haven't heard a word about him.

He's injured and has been for the majority of the time he's been here.

(08-28-2017, 10:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 09:58 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Any news about Earl Wartford?  He was brought in to compete for one of the starting guard positions and he is supposed to excel at run blocking, but I haven't heard a word about him.

He's injured and has been for the majority of the time he's been here.

I heard he took some snaps at RG in practice last week I believe
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I would imagine that Wartford is likely to get cut if he doesn't play in the last preseason game.  His salary is $1.5 M and I don't see them paying that to an injured backup player.

Mike Kaye‏Verified account
@mike_e_kaye

No Ramsey, Greene, Yeldon, Grant, Watford and Rivera for practice. Williams, Westbrook and Bennett back out there. #Jaguars

(08-29-2017, 11:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Mike Kaye‏Verified account
@mike_e_kaye

No Ramsey, Greene, Yeldon, Grant, Watford and Rivera for practice. Williams, Westbrook and Bennett back out there. #Jaguars

Rivera hasnt been see all offseason lol

Dont know why we didnt sign Gary Barnidge, he must of out priced himself since nobody signed him
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-29-2017, 11:48 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
@mike_e_kaye

Rivera hasnt been see all offseason lol

Dont know why we didnt sign Gary Barnidge, he must of out priced himself since nobody signed him

It wouldn't surprise me to see Barnidge signed once the season starts.  I don't see how Rivera avoids getting cut at this point, so it's possible this team cuts one and signs the other.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

@mike_e_kaye

Are Ramsey and Bouye allergic to each other? They've been flip flopping all pre-season/training camp.

(08-29-2017, 12:14 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 11:48 AM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Rivera hasnt been see all offseason lol

It wouldn't surprise me to see Barnidge signed once the season starts.  I don't see how Rivera avoids getting cut at this point, so it's possible this team cuts one and signs the other.

Yea could be one of those signings after week one so the contract isnt guaranteed for the full season
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

ya barnidge seems like a no brainer.. we have not talent at TE

and what is with ramsey, him being out 2 days in a row after barely practicing as it is seems like maybe he had a setback again.... please dont let that be the case

(08-29-2017, 02:00 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: ya barnidge seems like a no brainer.. we have not talent at TE

and what is with ramsey, him being out 2 days in a row after barely practicing as it is seems like maybe he had a setback again.... please dont let that be the case

Agreed.  They brought him in for a look, and I'm sure that was done with the intention of seeing how things played out with the current group of TEs.  With Rivera basically non-existent, it really seems like his departure is imminent, so I'd expect to see him either on the cut list on Saturday, or moved to the injured / reserve list with the intention of coming up with an injury settlement.  As long as Barnidge remains available, he'd probably be signed the week of 9/11.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We can only hope... It makes too much sense