Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Injuries & Injury Updates

Worried about Ramsey. Any word?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-29-2017, 02:36 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Worried about Ramsey. Any word?

Via Mike Kaye, FCN:
For the second-straight practice, cornerback Jalen Ramsey (core) sat out to receive treatment Tuesday. Marrone said the team is just being smart with the handling of Ramsey.
The team was also without running back T.J. Yeldon (hamstring) and tight end Mychal Rivera (undisclosed), who are unlikely to play in Thursday's preseason finale. 
Guard Earl Watford, linebacker Josh McNary and cornerback Doran Grant also missed practice.
Notable returns to the lineup included fullback Marquez Williams, defensive tackle Michael Bennett and wide receiver Dede Westbrook. 
Westbrook was in Philadelphia to receive treatment for an undisclosed injury Monday. Marrone said Westbrook didn't move as well as he thought he would in his return. 

if westbrook went to get treatment for a I assume a groin injury, why is he playing at all? If it was painful enough to require flying out of state, in what world does it make sense for him to then start running around the next day?

it was a shock that he wasn't moving around well? Are these professionals? Seriously?

Mike Kaye‏Verified account
@mike_e_kaye

Bortles, (right wrist), Westbrook (core), Ramsey (hip), Yeldon (hamstring), Wells (ribs) & Bennett (groin) are dealing with injuries.

Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye  51m51 minutes ago

Yeldon is the only player unlikely to practice

Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye 1h1 hour ago

The #Jaguars expect TJ Yeldon to return to practice today. All eight players on yesterday's injury report are expected to work.

Dede Westbrook is ruled OUT with a core injury
Tashaun Gipson and TJ Yeldon are QUESTIONALBLE

Quote:The Jaguars will be without rookie wide receiver Dede Westbrook on Sunday in Houston.

The Jaguars will face the Texans at NRG Stadium in the season opener.

Westbrook is suffering from a core muscle injury that impacted him during the preseason. Despite the injury, Westbrook led the league in receiving with 13 catches for 288 receiving yards and two touchdowns in the preseason.

Starting free safety Tashaun Gipson (ankle) and running back T.J. Yeldon (hamstring) are both questionable for the game.

If Gipson were to miss the game, veteran Peyton Thompson would start in his place at free safety against Houston. The Jaguars have Leonard Fournette, Corey Grant and Chris Ivory at running back if Yeldon misses the matchup.

Mike Kaye -  FCN
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl.../472350231

Is Cole going to take advantage of this opportunity? Like, catch the dang ball!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye  15m15 minutes ago

Westbrook underwent core muscle surgery in Philly Tuesday.

[b]#SacksonvilleVerified account [/b]@Jaguars

WR Allen Robinson (ACL, left knee) & WR Dede Westbrook (core muscle injury) both underwent surgery this week.

Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye  18m18 minutes ago

Both wide receivers are on injured reserve. Westbrook eligible to return. #Jaguars[Image: NFL_2017_JAXJaguars_v2.png]

Michael DiRocco
ESPN Staff Writer

Jaguars CBs Jalen Ramsey (ankle) and A.J. Bouye (illness) did not practice on Wednesday.

I wonder what happened with Ramsey. He was on crutches getting off the plane.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-13-2017, 05:27 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I wonder what happened with Ramsey. He was on crutches getting off the plane.

I dont know... now I'm seeing "ankle," but earlier they said "hip."
'02

(09-13-2017, 05:27 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I wonder what happened with Ramsey. He was on crutches getting off the plane.

wait, WHAT?

ramsey was on crutches after game 1???

(09-13-2017, 10:02 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote:

wait, WHAT?

ramsey was on crutches after game 1???

Quote:Jalen Ramsey is not expected to practice on Wednesday with an ankle injury, the Jaguars announced. It's not yet clear when or how the injury occurred. Ramsey was limited last Wednesday with a hip ailment.

NFL.com

DiRocco reported earlier that Jalen Ramsey "did not miss" practice today. 
No idea if that means he was riding a bike, working to side or fully participating.

probably just rolled an ankle and they want him to keep all his weight off it.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Even Ramsey himself does not know when or how it happened.

Was he walking or hopping on crutches?

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2017, 05:58 AM by imtheblkranger.)

(09-13-2017, 10:12 PM)realtorpat Wrote: probably just rolled an ankle and they want him to keep all his weight off it.

I'm going to lean this route as well. I don't see a way Ramsey misses the home opener outside of his ankle being straight up broken.

(09-13-2017, 04:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Mike Kaye‏Verified account @mike_e_kaye  15m15 minutes ago

Westbrook underwent core muscle surgery in Philly Tuesday.

[b]#SacksonvilleVerified account [/b]@Jaguars

WR Allen Robinson (ACL, left knee) & WR Dede Westbrook (core muscle injury) both underwent surgery this week.

Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye  18m18 minutes ago

Both wide receivers are on injured reserve. Westbrook eligible to return. #Jaguars[Image: NFL_2017_JAXJaguars_v2.png]

Outside of a setback, I don't see Westbrook not being able to return. Sports hernia surgery is a pretty quick recovery time post surgery.

He almost would have been better off being on PUP than IR
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Mva, solid takes on both counts. Crutches to avoid friction before in house evaluation and precautionary measures. An elite athlete as him needs every cushioning possible because adrenaline takes over come game day. He did finish game 1 without fanfare.

On hernia surgery, IR designated to return is more practical, to allow normal post op procs and convalescence. PUP may ring a tad misleading because subsequent procedures may have to be performed to treat the nerves and tendons around the torn/repaired soft tissue.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Dude ramsey and bouye out again today [BLEEP]

(09-14-2017, 01:15 PM)Krayz_Jville_D Wrote: Dude ramsey and bouye out again today [BLEEP]

Give them as much rest as they need during the week. We know what to expect from them every Sunday.