Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Google Manifesto

I'm about as liberal as they come. I don't have a problem with pretty much anything he said other than the appearance of implying that women are biologically disposed to be less successful in the fields he refereed to. The outrage sure seems overblown considering the scale of it however.

My SO is a doctor and her response was basically "for a very long time women were told they were inferior to men and could not be doctors or engineers or other professionals because their brains and dispositions or whatever were not up to the task like a man's was. I thought we were past this and letting people sink or swim based on their own abilities"

Based on her response it's pretty easy see why women would be pretty offended by assertions that seem to made in the memo. Especially older women.

I am much more interested in the response over his firing than I am the content of the memo itself. Each side of the right to work /worker's rights debate are taking opposite sides in regards to his firing. Those who agree with his assertions don't think they should have been able to fire him over his opinion piece while those opposed to his memo are exalting in his firing when normally these two ideological sides take the opposite stances.

Messages In This Thread
Google Manifesto - by The Real Marty - 08-06-2017, 06:58 AM
RE: Google Manifesto - by The Real Marty - 08-08-2017, 06:51 AM
RE: Google Manifesto - by StroudCrowd1 - 08-08-2017, 08:57 AM
RE: Google Manifesto - by The Real Marty - 08-08-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: Google Manifesto - by flsprtsgod - 08-08-2017, 05:31 PM
RE: Google Manifesto - by boudreaumw - 08-09-2017, 05:19 PM
RE: Google Manifesto - by americus 2.0 - 08-09-2017, 08:23 PM
RE: Google Manifesto - by The Real Marty - 08-10-2017, 06:34 AM
RE: Google Manifesto - by flsprtsgod - 08-10-2017, 07:27 AM
RE: Google Manifesto - by americus 2.0 - 08-10-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: Google Manifesto - by boudreaumw - 08-10-2017, 06:07 PM