Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
North Korea

(08-15-2017, 12:14 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 11:22 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: China won't support an attack unless in defense. China doesn't even like NK. They only support them because they share a kind of similar political system. South Korea won't absorb them because they'd be too much of a burden on their economy.

China likes NK having nukes even less than they dislike the fat kid

China doesn't like American troops being in South Korea and they will continue to prop up north Korea until the American troops are gone. For China the only thing worse than American troops in South Korea would be Chinese troops facing off directly with those American troops at the demilitarized zone. they need North Korea as a buffer and they don't really care how North Korea acts.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-28-2019, 01:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I was told by the MSM that Trump was just looking for a photo opportunity with NK, but the fact that he walked away from the meeting yesterday shows that just isn't the case. Once again, the MSM look like fools.

The art of the deal right there, folks.

(02-28-2019, 01:09 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I was told by the MSM that Trump was just looking for a photo opportunity with NK, but the fact that he walked away from the meeting yesterday shows that just isn't the case. Once again, the MSM look like fools.

The truth is that he was just trying to get the Cohen hearing off of the front page. That the summit ended so early indicates that there was never much to discuss. The North Koreans are not quite ready to meet the Trump administration's demands, or even have serious negotiations about them, and they might not be ready for months or even years. But Trump needed a distraction now.

(02-28-2019, 01:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:

The truth is that he was just trying to get the Cohen hearing off of the front page. That the summit ended so early indicates that there was never much to discuss. The North Koreans are not quite ready to meet the Trump administration's demands, or even have serious negotiations about them, and they might not be ready for months or even years. But Trump needed a distraction now.

Holy Crap! Are you kidding me?????

(02-28-2019, 01:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 01:34 PM)mikesez Wrote: The truth is that he was just trying to get the Cohen hearing off of the front page. That the summit ended so early indicates that there was never much to discuss. The North Koreans are not quite ready to meet the Trump administration's demands, or even have serious negotiations about them, and they might not be ready for months or even years. But Trump needed a distraction now.

Holy Crap! Are you kidding me?????

Are YOU kidding us?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-28-2019, 02:28 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 01:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Holy Crap! Are you kidding me?????

Are YOU kidding us?

You and Vito Stellino could be best friends.

Trump traveled all the way to Vietnam and Kim took a 60 hour train ride all in the hopes of taking the focus off of the congressional testimony of a guy who is going to prison next month for lying to congress. I swear, do you people ever step back and listen to yourselves? You need help.

(02-28-2019, 02:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 02:28 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Are YOU kidding us?

You and Vito Stellino could be best friends.

Trump traveled all the way to Vietnam and Kim took a 60 hour train ride all in the hopes of taking the focus off of the congressional testimony of a guy who is going to prison next month for lying to congress. I swear, do you people ever step back and listen to yourselves? You need help.

It was a happy coincidence for both sides. Democrats got to take the spotlight off of Trump's negotiations (in retrospect, given his faceplant on them, maybe they shouldn't have), and Republicans got something to climb on a soapbox about during the hearing.

Supposedly Un is in bad condition after a heart procedure. Very curious what the outcome of his death would mean for NK.

(04-21-2020, 09:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Supposedly Un is in bad condition after a heart procedure. Very curious what the outcome of his death would mean for NK.

It would mean that the military forces who've wanted power for decades would finally get it, and we'd all be preparing for WWIII.

Hmmmm........

(04-21-2020, 09:48 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 09:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Supposedly Un is in bad condition after a heart procedure. Very curious what the outcome of his death would mean for NK.

It would mean that the military forces who've wanted power for decades would finally get it, and we'd all be preparing for WWIII.

Hmmmm........

I think he is already dead and the world hasn't found out about it yet.

It would be a quick war, and liberating the people of NK will surely be a milestone of the Trump 2nd term.

(04-21-2020, 09:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 09:48 AM)TJBender Wrote: It would mean that the military forces who've wanted power for decades would finally get it, and we'd all be preparing for WWIII.

Hmmmm........

It would be a quick war, and liberating the people of NK will surely be a milestone of the Trump 2nd term.

Better make sure to double-check that the military has ammunition.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

It will be an interesting situation if fat boy dies. The level of fear and cult of personality which controls the country might be too much to pass up for an ambitious dictator-to-be in his upper echelon. Then again, there have been enough of the NK diplomatic corp who have experienced the outside world to know what is happening and step in to open up the country. However, China is completely content with the way things are now. Their efforts to maintain the status quo will not be insignificant.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 10:56 AM by TJBender.)

(04-21-2020, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It will be an interesting situation if fat boy dies. The level of fear and cult of personality which controls the country might be too much to pass up for an ambitious dictator-to-be in his upper echelon. Then again, there have been enough of the NK diplomatic corp who have experienced the outside world to know what is happening and step in to open up the country. However, China is completely content with the way things are now. Their efforts to maintain the status quo will not be insignificant.

Bingo. NK starts taking potshots at USN ships, the US warns them to back off, China warns the US to back off, Russia backs China...this scenario gets out of hand quickly. What happens when someone pushes the big red button and actually hits a USN or North Korean asset?

(04-21-2020, 09:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 09:48 AM)TJBender Wrote: It would mean that the military forces who've wanted power for decades would finally get it, and we'd all be preparing for WWIII.

Hmmmm........

Liberating NK would be a footnote to how Trump stupidly started an open war with China and Russia in your scenario.

Just speculating... he looks like the kind of person for whom Covid-19 would be deadly. Way overweight. Probably has (or had) diabetes and high blood pressure.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 11:46 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(04-21-2020, 10:55 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It will be an interesting situation if fat boy dies. The level of fear and cult of personality which controls the country might be too much to pass up for an ambitious dictator-to-be in his upper echelon. Then again, there have been enough of the NK diplomatic corp who have experienced the outside world to know what is happening and step in to open up the country. However, China is completely content with the way things are now. Their efforts to maintain the status quo will not be insignificant.

Bingo. NK starts taking potshots at USN ships, the US warns them to back off, China warns the US to back off, Russia backs China...this scenario gets out of hand quickly. What happens when someone pushes the big red button and actually hits a USN or North Korean asset?

(04-21-2020, 09:53 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I think he is already dead and the world hasn't found out about it yet.

Liberating NK would be a footnote to how Trump stupidly started an open war with China and Russia in your scenario.

Explain to me why you think Russia (which just means Vladimir Putin) would back China? Putin is in this to make himself rich beyond belief.

Siding with China would be incredibly stupid and short-sighted of him.

And in that scenario India would back us very strongly... and they are more than a match for China militarily.

China has tried to promote more of its interests in NK, but, seemingly, the guys China likes keep getting purged out.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 12:03 PM by homebiscuit.)

(04-21-2020, 10:55 AM)TJBender Wrote:

I don't know how you arrived at that scenario from my conjecture, but carry on. It seems to give you enjoyment.

(04-21-2020, 11:56 AM)mikesez Wrote:

China has tried to promote more of its interests in NK, but, seemingly, the guys China likes keep getting purged out.

If true, then most likely because fat boy is like the CCP; he wants full and unconditional control.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 11:49 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Dennis Rodman takes the reign.  This is exactly what KJU is telling Rodman below.  When full audio is displayed, you can hear him say "I want you to be my successor"

[Image: ap_north_korea_rodman_91649570-e15133516...&auto=webp]

Sounds like fat boy kicked the bucket.

(04-25-2020, 02:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sounds like fat boy kicked the bucket.

You hate to see it.