Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Twitter rumors regarding BB5

It is amazing that a statement like this can amount to anything.

I think we need to have a Whisper 5000 to hear the huddle Thursday, and if Bortles asks the Oline to hold their block for .1 seconds longer, we can spin this into "Bortles Rebellion Against His Oline."

I'd love to say that we are better than this as a fanbase.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-15-2017, 07:32 PM)nate Wrote: It is amazing that a statement like this can amount to anything.

I think we need to have a Whisper 5000 to hear the huddle Thursday, and if Bortles asks the Oline to hold their block for .1 seconds longer, we can spin this into "Bortles Rebellion Against His Oline."

I'd love to say that we are better than this as a fanbase.

To the bold, please never confuse some of these posters as fans of the Jaguars or as our fan base. Some are clearly not either.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

There are QBs all over the league throwing INTs in camp including the "great" Jameis Winston who had more picks than Bortles last year. Everyone analyzes every ball the guy throws. Really its pretty ridiculous. Any anyone that thinks Chad "I've thrown more INTs than TDs" Henne is a better option just doesn't know football. He always looks great in camp when the bullets aren't flying. I remember his last regular season game where he either had every other pass batted down at the line or curled up in a fetal position to take a sack.

People calling for Kap apparently don't remember the NFL analysts literally saying offenses had to be catered to him because he couldn't read the whole field, so the coordinators had to put him on roll outs and bootlegs so he only had to look at half.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

ARob has always done this. I take it with a grain of salt. His play has declined to a Gabbert-esque level as of last year there's no denying that. I don't know if he's just trying to implement all the new things learned under the old OC's or what. His first year he just balled and played with his instincts. He has to go back to just having fun and playing loose. I don't care if the pass is a little wobby if it goes to the right player.
No pain, no gain.

(08-15-2017, 05:50 PM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Blake has never been a good practice player.  
There fixed it for you

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 08:33 PM by TJBender.)

(08-15-2017, 01:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not defending BB5 by any means, but this kind of plays into the diva mentality most people think AR15 possesses. He could have easily kept that comment to himself.

A-Rob is in a contract year. Bortles being awful could easily cost him millions of dollars. I'd be pretty vocal about that, too.

(08-15-2017, 08:12 PM)archer56 Wrote: People calling for Kap apparently don't remember the NFL analysts literally saying offenses had to be catered to him because he couldn't read the whole field, so the coordinators had to put him on roll outs and bootlegs so he only had to look at half.

You sure you're not thinking of Michael Vick? I remember him getting lots of criticism early on for having an offense built around him where option 1 was short, option 2 was deep and option 3 was run.

Bottles

(08-15-2017, 03:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 03:39 PM)Kane Wrote: So... if Bortles plays poorly that excuses everyone else from being able to do their job well also?

Just wondering...

AR15 has had issues with separation his entire career. He wasn't "that guy". We drafted Lee to be that guy and AR to be a big body target.
AR had a lot of success with 50-50 balls in his rookie year and promptly came down to Earth last season when he wasn't getting them and wasn't getting any PI calls.
He allowed himself to become spoiled and maybe listened to that 70-30 talk a lil too much.

Remember this is the guy (one of them) that called out the fans for booing.
He might be a bit of a diva...

They both have their problems for sure. I have never been sold on AR15 being our #1 guy and don't think he is worth the forthcoming price tag to be honest.  Yes, he is excellent at getting those 50/50 balls, but not everything needs to be a struggle. You seldom see him do anything that looks "easy". 

AR15 is certainly feeling the pressure to perform and you can see it in his passion, and with his payday being tied to BB5's right arm, not sure I'd bet the farm on that one.

What?

ARob is easily our #1 guy.

'02

He's not breathing through his eyelids...
Only a chump boos the home team!

(08-15-2017, 08:32 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 08:12 PM)archer56 Wrote: People calling for Kap apparently don't remember the NFL analysts literally saying offenses had to be catered to him because he couldn't read the whole field, so the coordinators had to put him on roll outs and bootlegs so he only had to look at half.

You sure you're not thinking of Michael Vick? I remember him getting lots of criticism early on for having an offense built around him where option 1 was short, option 2 was deep and option 3 was run.

It was probably both of them.  I remember watching on NFL network last year them drawing up those 3rd slow mo plays and talking about the route tree and levels and essentially the back receiver ran a go route every time because Kap never looked that way, and on the off chance he did it might have been a TD because defenses were slacking off because they knew he wouldn't look backside 90% of the time. 

They prob have similar playing styles early on, but I think vick was far and away the better and more consistent player.  Like most Qbs that can't find employment, they can't stay consistent.  Even Gabbert is employed because teams know what they're going to get from him from a consistency level.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 11:34 PM by FreeAgent01.)

The dump on Blake Bortles train is now reaching Tim Tebow-like levels. The national media is starting to run with the drivel that the [BLEEP] who write at BCC spew. They, along with their messiah Mike Florio, when he's not writing MSNBC articles on his football blog, try to be the Woody Paige and Stephen A. Smith of internet blogs.

I find it interesting that those who are griping about the Allen Robinson pass are the same who whine about the interceptions. Pick one. Either Blake throws the 50/50 ball to a blanketed Allen Robinson and you live with the results or he throws a lower percentage pass to a place where only his receiver can possibly get it. Talk about wanting your cake and eating it too.

Bust quarterbacks don't put up the numbers that Blake has put up, regardless if they are garbage time numbers or not. Every bust quarterback played on losing teams that played from behind most games as well. People whine about Blake's interceptions and say he needs to improve on them... And he has improved on them every single season, but the whine train continues. Half of his picks from last season were tipped balls off of his own receivers, which is an absurd number - whereas most quarterbacks average 1 or 2 of those fluke picks per season.

1003 Completions, 1706 Attempts, 58.8% CompPercentage, 11241 Yards, 69 Touchdowns, 51 Interceptions, 33.45 AttemptsPerInt
640 Completions, 1003 Attempts, 63.8% CompPercentage, 8522 Yards, 52 Touchdowns, 43 Interceptions, 23.32 AttemptsPerInt
690 Completions, 1276 Attempts, 54.1% CompPercentage, 8049 Yards, 54 Touchdowns, 44 Interceptions, 29.00 AttemptsPerInt
540 Completions, 909 Attempts, 59.4% Comp Percentage, 5613 Yards, 29 Touchdowns, 31 Interceptions, 29.32 AttemptsPerInt
1014 Completions, 1679 Attempts, 60.4% Comp Percentage, 12287 Yards, 85 Touchdowns, 58 Interceptions, 28.95 AttemptsPerInt
794 Completions, 1252 Attempts, 63.4% Comp Percentage, 9950 Yards, 72 Touchdowns, 26 Interceptions, 48.15 AttemptsPerInt
35 Completions, 59 Attempts, 59.3% Comp Percentage, 329 Yards, 1 Touchdown, 1 Interception, 59.00 AttemptsPerInt
878 Completions, 1416 Attempts, 62.0% Comp Percentage, 10206 Yards, 60 Touchdowns, 34 Interceptions, 41.65 AttemptsPerInt
638 Completions, 1017 Attempts, 62.7% Comp Percentage, 6613 Yards, 46 Touchdowns, 26 Interceptions, 39.12 AttemptsPerInt

Those are the first 3 season numbers for Blake Bortles and every Super Bowl winning quarterback since Tom Brady began. Keep in mind that this list includes likely the top 2 GOAT QBs ever and 6 or 7 first ballot HOFers. There is a multiple time Super Bowl winning quarterback and future Hall of Famer on that list who for his entire career has thrown interceptions at a higher rate than Blake Bortles, including in one of the seasons in which he won the Super Bowl.

(08-15-2017, 11:25 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: The dump on Blake Bortles train is now reaching Tim Tebow-like levels.  The national media is starting to run with the drivel that the [BLEEP] who write at BCC spew.  They, along with their messiah Mike Florio, when he's not writing MSNBC articles on his football blog, try to be the Woody Paige and Stephen A. Smith of internet blogs.

I find it interesting that those who are griping about the Allen Robinson pass are the same who whine about the interceptions.  Pick one.  Either Blake throws the 50/50 ball to a blanketed Allen Robinson and you live with the results or he throws a lower percentage pass to a place where only his receiver can possibly get it.  Talk about wanting your cake and eating it too.

Bust quarterbacks don't put up the numbers that Blake has put up, regardless if they are garbage time numbers or not.  Every bust quarterback played on losing teams that played from behind most games as well.  People whine about Blake's interceptions and say he needs to improve on them... And he has improved on them every single season, but the whine train continues.  Half of his picks from last season were tipped balls off of his own receivers, which is an absurd number - whereas most quarterbacks average 1 or 2 of those fluke picks per season.  

1003 Completions, 1706 Attempts, 58.8% CompPercentage, 11241 Yards, 69 Touchdowns, 51 Interceptions, 33.45 AttemptsPerInt
640 Completions, 1003 Attempts, 63.8% CompPercentage, 8522 Yards, 52 Touchdowns, 43 Interceptions, 23.32 AttemptsPerInt
690 Completions, 1276 Attempts, 54.1% CompPercentage, 8049 Yards, 54 Touchdowns, 44 Interceptions, 29.00 AttemptsPerInt
540 Completions, 909 Attempts, 59.4% Comp Percentage, 5613 Yards, 29 Touchdowns, 31 Interceptions, 29.32 AttemptsPerInt
1014 Completions, 1679 Attempts, 60.4% Comp Percentage, 12287 Yards, 85 Touchdowns, 58 Interceptions, 28.95 AttemptsPerInt
794 Completions, 1252 Attempts, 63.4% Comp Percentage, 9950 Yards, 72 Touchdowns, 26 Interceptions, 48.15 AttemptsPerInt
35 Completions, 59 Attempts, 59.3% Comp Percentage, 329 Yards, 1 Touchdown, 1 Interception, 59.00 AttemptsPerInt
878 Completions, 1416 Attempts, 62.0% Comp Percentage, 10206 Yards, 60 Touchdowns, 34 Interceptions, 41.65 AttemptsPerInt
638 Completions, 1017 Attempts, 62.7% Comp Percentage, 6613 Yards, 46 Touchdowns, 26 Interceptions, 39.12 AttemptsPerInt

Those are the first 3 season numbers for Blake Bortles and every Super Bowl winning quarterback since Tom Brady began.  Keep in mind that this list includes likely the top 2 GOAT QBs ever and 6 or 7 first ballot HOFers.  There is a multiple time Super Bowl winning quarterback and future Hall of Famer on that list who for his entire career has thrown interceptions at a higher rate than Blake Bortles, including in one of the seasons in which he won the Super Bowl.

I like it when people actually do some research and look the numbers up. Still, I have to say that Bortles has to cut down on the pick-sixes. However, with a much improved running game, that shouldn't be much of a problem since Bortles won't have the ENTIRE weight of the team on his shoulders.

The problem is that some people have already made up their minds about him - and won't change it, regardless of any evidence, because people don't want to be wrong.... and unfortunately, being wrong is seen by some as a sign of weakness.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 12:07 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(08-15-2017, 11:25 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: The dump on Blake Bortles train is now reaching Tim Tebow-like levels.  The national media is starting to run with the drivel that the [BLEEP] who write at BCC spew.  They, along with their messiah Mike Florio, when he's not writing MSNBC articles on his football blog, try to be the Woody Paige and Stephen A. Smith of internet blogs.

I find it interesting that those who are griping about the Allen Robinson pass are the same who whine about the interceptions.  Pick one.  Either Blake throws the 50/50 ball to a blanketed Allen Robinson and you live with the results or he throws a lower percentage pass to a place where only his receiver can possibly get it.  Talk about wanting your cake and eating it too.

Bust quarterbacks don't put up the numbers that Blake has put up, regardless if they are garbage time numbers or not.  Every bust quarterback played on losing teams that played from behind most games as well.  People whine about Blake's interceptions and say he needs to improve on them... And he has improved on them every single season, but the whine train continues.  Half of his picks from last season were tipped balls off of his own receivers, which is an absurd number - whereas most quarterbacks average 1 or 2 of those fluke picks per season.  

Those are the first 3 season numbers for Blake Bortles and every Super Bowl winning quarterback since Tom Brady began.  Keep in mind that this list includes likely the top 2 GOAT QBs ever and 6 or 7 first ballot HOFers.  There is a multiple time Super Bowl winning quarterback and future Hall of Famer on that list who for his entire career has thrown interceptions at a higher rate than Blake Bortles, including in one of the seasons in which he won the Super Bowl.
I truly truly do, appreciate the post and research included.  It's a shame that I feel you wasted all of that time talking to the patients, instead of laughing and drinking with the doctors.  Good post.  2018 is 2018, so I'll enjoy this year as much as possible and see where we land.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

It's honestly not even a flame Bortles thing. It's a flame Caldwell thing. He is the one who has been quoted saying he thinks he can win a superbowl with Bortles. Everything is about rings. You better you bottom dollar all Coughlin cares about is rings. Of the Bortles supporters on here, I'd honestly like to know... do you think Bortles can be a superbowl winning QB. If its a no, then move on, its really that simple. Nothing matters than rings. It's not about a 9-7 improvement season and working forward. No it isn't. You put ANY good QB on this team it is an instant superbowl contender. That is just the fact.

(08-15-2017, 04:17 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 04:10 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Like who? Kap isn't worth the distractions he would cause which is exactly why no other QB needy team picked him up...If he was starting caliber, someone would have picked him up...Cousins might have been a good pick up but his salary is way to high for the uncertainty of  ability...Cutler isn't any better than Bortles, Romo wouldn't sign with the Jags, so just who should they have brought in? Garrard? Farve?

Sure get Kaep, he comes with 1500 less yards 10-15 less tds per year.  The guy who has only had over 20 td passes in one season.   A career completion percentage of under 60.   3 more tds than Blake in 3 more years.

lets look at those stats more closely, shall we?

Bortles throws more so of course he has more yards and TDs. Threw over 300 more passes than Kap last year but only had 7 more TDs. Kap at 6.7 yards an attempt and Bortles at 6.2. And lets not even compare the receiving corps each QB had.

Kap has his limitations with reading the field, but he is so much better than Bortles.

Kap also has a career best in touchdowns of 21, 19, 16, and 10. He is David Garrard 2.0 except with a ton of baggage.

At best he is a lateral move that brings massive risk.

I dont particularly care about this round of rumors. Its probably true but its not actually credible so who vares. Either way blake is bad at football so I just want to speed this up so we can move on.

(08-16-2017, 01:04 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 04:17 PM)realtorpat Wrote: Sure get Kaep, he comes with 1500 less yards 10-15 less tds per year.  The guy who has only had over 20 td passes in one season.   A career completion percentage of under 60.   3 more tds than Blake in 3 more years.

lets look at those stats more closely, shall we?

Bortles throws more so of course he has more yards and TDs. Threw over 300 more passes than Kap last year but only had 7 more TDs. Kap at 6.7 yards an attempt and Bortles at 6.2. And lets not even compare the receiving corps each QB had.

Kap has his limitations with reading the field, but he is so much better than Bortles.

if he is so great why won't any team pick him up? surely if he was an upgrade at the QB some QB needy team would have signed him

I just wanna see this season play out before any drastic moves are made at the QB position. I may be wrong, but I believe Bortles will have a better season than he did in 2016. Not good enough to save his job, but not horrible either. I believe he will be somewhere in the middle of the pack when it comes to NFL QB's. We'll then probably cut ties with him, select a QB in the 2018 draft and add a modestly priced veteran FA QB on a short term deal to compete with the rookie for the starting job. With so many high priced free agent additions on the defensive side of the football, it just wouldn't make sense to keep Bortles and the price tag that his 5th year option would carry, especially if he would be in competition for the starting job. For this season though, he's the best we have.

I just don't understand some people's rush to run the guy out of town when it's so obvious we are not Superbowl contenders. We are coming off a season where we earned the 4th pick of the draft and many posters are acting like we're a good QB away from winning a Superbowl. I don't get it? I'm expecting a modest 7-9 or 8-8 season and I'll be satisfied. That's much better than we've been getting and it would show solid improvement and a move in the right direction.