Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Twitter rumors regarding BB5

Come on this is so stupid. What is A-Rob not supposed to be truthful? Is he supposed to blindly encourage Blake when there is a mistake? No, he's holding him accountable. Plus what he said isn't even a big deal, I'm sure he is candid with Blake in private.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 07:31 AM by imtheblkranger. Edit Reason: Spelling )

This whole pick 6 thing is overblown as well. Yes he had problems with them early on. Half of them are probably due to horrendous tackling. But didn't he only throw like 2 last year? Rivers threw like 3 or 4. He also had games where he threw 3+ INTs in a single quarter.

But only Blake has the INT problems apparently.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

So I finally got around to watching this throw. Talk about making a big deal about nothing! The hypersensitivity during this training camp is unreal, let's let some games play out for god's sake.

(08-16-2017, 05:21 AM)MojoKing Wrote: Come on this is so stupid. What is A-Rob not supposed to be truthful? Is he supposed to blindly encourage Blake when there is a mistake? No, he's holding him accountable. Plus what he said isn't even a big deal, I'm sure he is candid with Blake in private.

Yeah, nothing screams holding someone accountable like getting caught on camera cursing under your breath at someone from 30 yards away.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

At this point it is what it is folks. The front office made it pretty clear earlier on this year that they were committed to Bortles in 2017. Marrone came out very early and made it very clear that turnovers are not acceptable. And you won't play if you can't protect the football.

Robinson being frustrated after a pass sailed over his head isn't anything new or shocking in competitive sports. Most competitors want to win every single match up they're faced with. He's not the only receiver out there cursing and mumbling under his breath when his QB misses him.

That doesn't bother me at all. And I don't see him as diva for that. At the end of the day. Is he cancerous to the locker room? Not to my knowledge. Has he been a PR nightmare off the field for bad behavior? Nope. So he's A.O.K in my book.

Marrone coming out with no filter is awesome and refreshing to see though. "Saw some good throws. Saw some horse [BLEEP] throws". He doesn't mince his words at all does he?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 10:07 AM by iapetus.)

(08-16-2017, 07:31 AM)mvannostran Wrote: This whole pick 6 thing is overblown as well. Yes he had problems with them early on. Half of them are probably due to horrendous tackling. But didn't he only throw like 2 last year? Rivers threw like 3 or 4. He also had games where he threw 3+ INTs in a single quarter.

Three last year. As did Cam Newton, Case Keenum and Philip Rivers. Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Kirk Cousins and Marcus Mariota threw two each. In terms of pick sixes per attempt, Bortles was probably behind the other three-pick-sixers (and possibly some of those with fewer). 14 other quarterbacks threw one pick six.

In 2015, Philip Rivers led the league with 5. Bortles had 4, and right behind him were Peyton Manning, Jay Cutler and Derek Carr with 3 each. 11 QBs threw two, 13 threw one.

In 2014, Matt Ryan, Austin Davies and Blake Bortles had 4. Drew Brees, Andrew Luck and Geno Smith had 3. Andy Dalton and Philip Rivers had 2. 22 QBs had one.

There are other good quarterbacks up there with Bortles every year on the pick six charts. There aren't many who are that consistently up at the top, though.

The career leaders for pick sixes are, unsurprisingly, Brett Favre, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 10:35 AM by realtorpat.)

(08-16-2017, 01:04 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 04:17 PM)realtorpat Wrote: Sure get Kaep, he comes with 1500 less yards 10-15 less tds per year.  The guy who has only had over 20 td passes in one season.   A career completion percentage of under 60.   3 more tds than Blake in 3 more years.

lets look at those stats more closely, shall we?

Bortles throws more so of course he has more yards and TDs. Threw over 300 more passes than Kap last year but only had 7 more TDs. Kap at 6.7 yards an attempt and Bortles at 6.2. And lets not even compare the receiving corps each QB had.

Kap has his limitations with reading the field, but he is so much better than Bortles.
You ever consider Kaep doesn't throw as much because the coaches do not trust him to throw more.  That maybe they have to design an entire offense around a flawed player and go run/ read option heavy to hide all of his deficiencies in the passing game.  Say what you will about Bortles but understand the kid is running a pro style drop back offense, ya he does the read option a couple times a game but it isn't the staple of the offense he is in.  This is because he is capable of running an actual pro style offense.  Kaep's offenses are specifically tailored to him and he still puts up stats at lower pace.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 11:23 AM by Brett.)

I've done some thinking on this and read everyone's posts. I think I've come to a conclusion.

A lot of people have wanted Bortles gone for a long time now. Because of that, any little mistake or negative thing you hear about him will instantly be thrown up in the air that it's time for him to go, we have to move on, etc. Fairly or unfairly, he is getting thrown to the wolves now for even the smallest of issues. I promise you, players say these kind of things like A-Rob said about their quarterbacks all the time. I also went back and watched Doug Marrone's press conference regarding the "horse**** kind of throws" referring to Blake Bortles. Wow...was I flabbergasted. BCC COMPLETELY and I mean COMPLETELY took it out of context. Go back and watch the interview. It is so sad to me that now national media is picking up on that when it was bad reporting in the first place. Listen, I agree Bortles might not be the answer but I think we should at least give this time through half of the season or the whole season to officially find out. But as for me, this definitely lessens my opinion on BCC credibility for the future. I always heard stuff from you all that their reporting wasn't very good...this sealed the deal.

I barely post here but just figured I need to say that.

BCC has always had bias in their writing, but the last six months or so have been so nauseatingly obnoxious that I think I genuinely dislike the people who write there now. TMZ Jacksonville branch.

We are doomed to another bad season kids
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 11:12 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(08-16-2017, 07:31 AM)mvannostran Wrote: This whole pick 6 thing is overblown as well. Yes he had problems with them early on. Half of them are probably due to horrendous tackling. But didn't he only throw like 2 last year? Rivers threw like 3 or 4. He also had games where he threw 3+ INTs in a single quarter.

This one made me laugh.   Perhaps we should be starting Telvin Smith and Myles Jack on offense as well so we can be better prepared to deal with interceptions.   Maybe that's really why we drafted LB/RB Myles Jack.

(08-16-2017, 11:03 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: BCC has always had bias in their writing, but the last six months or so have been so nauseatingly obnoxious that I think I genuinely dislike the people who write there now.  TMZ Jacksonville branch.

After watching Alfie spew 25,000 posts on the Jags Message Board relentlessly supporting every single move that Shack and Gene made, I take every action possible to avoid his opinion  at all costs.

Sadly, Alfie is probably more tolerable than some of the stuff that has come from Adam, Ryan, and Zach. The piece Adam wrote today was a joke.

(08-16-2017, 11:03 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: BCC has always had bias in their writing, but the last six months or so have been so nauseatingly obnoxious that I think I genuinely dislike the people who write there now.  TMZ Jacksonville branch.

Going to BCC for your Jaguars news this summer is like going to Breitbart for your regular news. Almost anything you read there only touches on the reality of the Jaguars situation to the extent that it folds the narrative they want to push, and right now they want to push the Bortles is trash narrative.

(08-16-2017, 07:38 AM)FBT Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 05:21 AM)MojoKing Wrote: Come on this is so stupid. What is A-Rob not supposed to be truthful? Is he supposed to blindly encourage Blake when there is a mistake? No, he's holding him accountable. Plus what he said isn't even a big deal, I'm sure he is candid with Blake in private.

Yeah, nothing screams holding someone accountable like getting caught on camera cursing under your breath at someone from 30 yards away.

Good line.   I had to laugh.   I guess I've held all sorts of people "accountable" during my life.  Hundreds.

(08-16-2017, 11:15 AM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: Sadly, Alfie is probably more tolerable than some of the stuff that has come from Adam, Ryan, and Zach.  The piece Adam wrote today was a joke.

Oh God, you mean it gets worse than Alfie ?    I'm afraid to look but I gotta admit my interest is peaking .... just as it is when approaching an accident after sitting through a 5 mile backup.

(08-16-2017, 07:38 AM)FBT Wrote:

Hahah yeah I suppose you're right. But, what's wrong with a little passive aggressiveness?

(08-16-2017, 02:09 PM)MojoKing Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 07:38 AM)FBT Wrote: Yeah, nothing screams holding someone accountable like getting caught on camera cursing under your breath at someone from 30 yards away.

Hahah yeah I suppose you're right. But, what's wrong with a little passive aggressiveness?

[Image: poster-wolf-sheep-selfie-friend-enemy.jpg]

I think I said it in another thread but Bortles can save a puppy from drowning and BCC would send out a tweet about how he failed to keep said puppy from getting wet in the first place.

A player gets caught in a moment of frustration in practice, and this means the receiving corp is fed up with Bortles?

Haters gonna hate...
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Fake news.