Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Twitter rumors regarding BB5

(08-15-2017, 03:31 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 03:23 PM)haveaseat Wrote: This is just stupid. ARob is a Pro Bowl WR and the window for separation in the NFL is small. No one is always wide open. Anyone in the league will tell you this. It's not the WR fault when the QB isn't accurate and can't throw the damn ball in the right place.

No, your post is just stupid. A QB cannot help it if he threw to the correct spot and the receiver wasn't there and if he was he had gained zero separation so he went out of bounds with it instead. Watch the play in question. Arob was blanketed.

The ball wasn't even catchable.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 03:42 PM by Kane.)

(08-15-2017, 03:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 03:31 PM)Jagwired Wrote: No, your post is just stupid. A QB cannot help it if he threw to the correct spot and the receiver wasn't there and if he was he had gained zero separation so he went out of bounds with it instead. Watch the play in question. Arob was blanketed.

A BB5 apologist? Didn't know we still had those around these here parts.

So... if Bortles plays poorly that excuses everyone else from being able to do their job well also?

Just wondering...

AR15 has had issues with separation his entire career. He wasn't "that guy". We drafted Lee to be that guy and AR to be a big body target.
AR had a lot of success with 50-50 balls in his rookie and sophmore years and promptly came down to Earth last season when he wasn't getting them and wasn't getting any PI calls.
He allowed himself to become spoiled and maybe listened to that 70-30 talk a lil too much.
But then again.. he was targeted about the same amount from year 2 to 3... and had almost the same amount of catches... so maybe he is just what he is.

Remember this is the guy (one of them) that called out the fans for booing.
He might be a bit of a diva...

(08-15-2017, 03:39 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 03:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A BB5 apologist? Didn't know we still had those around these here parts.

So... if Bortles plays poorly that excuses everyone else from being able to do their job well also?

Just wondering...

AR15 has had issues with separation his entire career. He wasn't "that guy". We drafted Lee to be that guy and AR to be a big body target.
AR had a lot of success with 50-50 balls in his rookie year and promptly came down to Earth last season when he wasn't getting them and wasn't getting any PI calls.
He allowed himself to become spoiled and maybe listened to that 70-30 talk a lil too much.

Remember this is the guy (one of them) that called out the fans for booing.
He might be a bit of a diva...

They both have their problems for sure. I have never been sold on AR15 being our #1 guy and don't think he is worth the forthcoming price tag to be honest.  Yes, he is excellent at getting those 50/50 balls, but not everything needs to be a struggle. You seldom see him do anything that looks "easy". 

AR15 is certainly feeling the pressure to perform and you can see it in his passion, and with his payday being tied to BB5's right arm, not sure I'd bet the farm on that one.

(08-15-2017, 03:39 PM)Kane Wrote: He might be a bit of a diva...

Of course he is. As are a good number of the receivers around the league. It's pretty common, and rarely escalates into any real problem 
Bortles' bad practice and A-Rob's chattering are both overblown by folks that relish something to hate on.

At about the exact same time BB5 was muttering, "Damn Bro, gets some separation bro."
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I'll take high and out of bounds any day. Definitely better than a pick 6

... glass half full

I don't doubt Arob is frustrated with Bortles accuracy, but to make a big deal out of this is laughable. So is putting every practice interception Blake throws under a microscope. Nobody knows the situations of the interceptions except the players and the coaches. Everyone that watches just jumps to a giant conclusion and blows up about it. It's practice.

Bortles isn't going to be much better than he was last year. The only thing we can hope is he cleans up some of his interceptions and cuts down on the mistakes. If you are hoping for anything more than you are going to be let down. On the reverse, talking down the team on a daily basis seems like a boring and pathetic life, a la BCC. Those guys seem like a real happy bunch. Hope they don't attach me on Twitter.

(08-15-2017, 03:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 03:15 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: So a receiver told the quarterback to keep the ball down so he could catch it, but he cursed?  Oh the horror!
It is quite obvious that many posters here have never participated in a team sport. Players ride each other. That is what is done. Christ some of these folks are soft.

Many of said posters are also masters of taking things out of context and making a big deal about it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-15-2017, 03:49 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: I don't doubt Arob is frustrated with Bortles accuracy, but to make a big deal out of this is laughable.  So is putting every practice interception Blake throws under a microscope.  Nobody knows the situations of the interceptions except the players and the coaches.  Everyone that watches just jumps to a giant conclusion and blows up about it.  It's practice.  

Bortles isn't going to be much better than he was last year.  The only thing we can hope is he cleans up some of his interceptions and cuts down on the mistakes.  If you are hoping for anything more than you are going to be let down.  On the reverse, talking down the team on a daily basis seems like a boring and pathetic life, a la BCC.  Those guys seem like a real happy bunch.  Hope they don't attach me on Twitter.

Why is making a big deal out of Bortles accuracy laughable? As a fan, you are fine with accepting the fact that he isn't going to be much better than last year? That line of thinking is ludicrous.

(08-15-2017, 03:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 03:49 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: I don't doubt Arob is frustrated with Bortles accuracy, but to make a big deal out of this is laughable.  So is putting every practice interception Blake throws under a microscope.  Nobody knows the situations of the interceptions except the players and the coaches.  Everyone that watches just jumps to a giant conclusion and blows up about it.  It's practice.  

Bortles isn't going to be much better than he was last year.  The only thing we can hope is he cleans up some of his interceptions and cuts down on the mistakes.  If you are hoping for anything more than you are going to be let down.  On the reverse, talking down the team on a daily basis seems like a boring and pathetic life, a la BCC.  Those guys seem like a real happy bunch.  Hope they don't attach me on Twitter.

Why is making a big deal out of Bortles accuracy laughable? As a fan, you are fine with accepting the fact that he isn't going to be much better than last year? That line of thinking is ludicrous.

It's laughable because this whole thing is a big NOTHING BURGER.  UCF Knight is right.  If he cleans up the interceptions and cuts down on his mistakes, he'll be fine.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 04:14 PM by wrong_box.)

(08-15-2017, 02:43 PM)BklynJag Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 02:40 PM)jg77 Wrote: The worst thing about this and that we don't have much to look forward to with Henne.  I'm not sure why we didn't bring in better competition.  I guess they thought Bortles was going to do a complete 180 or something.

Been saying this all off-season. They should have brought someone to compete. At this point, I wouldn't mind a Kap signing.

Like who? Kap isn't worth the distractions he would cause which is exactly why no other QB needy team picked him up...If he was starting caliber, someone would have picked him up...Cousins might have been a good pick up but his salary is way to high for the uncertainty of  ability...Cutler isn't any better than Bortles, Romo wouldn't sign with the Jags, so just who should they have brought in? Garrard? Farve? Oh oh oh I got it...Johnny Manziel!!!

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 04:15 PM by UCF Knight.)

(08-15-2017, 03:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I'm talking about him cursing at him about it.  I didn't think it was that hard to figure out.

(08-15-2017, 04:10 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 02:43 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Been saying this all off-season. They should have brought someone to compete. At this point, I wouldn't mind a Kap signing.

Like who? Kap isn't worth the distractions he would cause which is exactly why no other QB needy team picked him up...If he was starting caliber, someone would have picked him up...Cousins might have been a good pick up but his salary is way to high for the uncertainty of  ability...Cutler isn't any better than Bortles, Romo wouldn't sign with the Jags, so just who should they have brought in? Garrard? Farve? Oh oh oh I got it...Johnny Manziel!!!
Next season there are much better options between possible free agency and the draft.  I'm guessing we will spend big money next offseason on a quarterback.

(08-15-2017, 04:10 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 02:43 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Been saying this all off-season. They should have brought someone to compete. At this point, I wouldn't mind a Kap signing.

Like who? Kap isn't worth the distractions he would cause which is exactly why no other QB needy team picked him up...If he was starting caliber, someone would have picked him up...Cousins might have been a good pick up but his salary is way to high for the uncertainty of  ability...Cutler isn't any better than Bortles, Romo wouldn't sign with the Jags, so just who should they have brought in? Garrard? Farve?

Sure get Kaep, he comes with 1500 less yards 10-15 less tds per year.  The guy who has only had over 20 td passes in one season.   A career completion percentage of under 60.   3 more tds than Blake in 3 more years.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Please sign Colin Kaepernick. He has a stronger arm, more accurate, read defenses, and is a threat to run for a td.

(08-15-2017, 04:20 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Please sign Colin Kaepernick. He has a stronger arm, more accurate, read defenses, and is a threat to run for a td.

Then why hasn't any other QB needy team picked him up? He's visited a few of them and no one wants him...Can't be that good if no one wants him

(08-15-2017, 04:20 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Please sign Colin Kaepernick. He has a stronger arm, more accurate, read defenses, and is a threat to run for a td.

Yes he does, not really, no he doesnt, who cares

(08-15-2017, 04:06 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 03:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why is making a big deal out of Bortles accuracy laughable? As a fan, you are fine with accepting the fact that he isn't going to be much better than last year? That line of thinking is ludicrous.

It's laughable because this whole thing is a big NOTHING BURGER.  UCF Knight is right.  If he cleans up the interceptions and cuts down on his mistakes, he'll be fine.
Whoa! What a novel idea!

Don't throw interceptions and don't make mistakes. Thank god it's that simple for Blake.

(08-15-2017, 04:13 PM)UCF Knight Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 03:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why is making a big deal out of Bortles accuracy laughable? As a fan, you are fine with accepting the fact that he isn't going to be much better than last year? That line of thinking is ludicrous.
I'm talking about him cursing at him about it.  I didn't think it was that hard to figure out.

(08-15-2017, 04:10 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Like who? Kap isn't worth the distractions he would cause which is exactly why no other QB needy team picked him up...If he was starting caliber, someone would have picked him up...Cousins might have been a good pick up but his salary is way to high for the uncertainty of  ability...Cutler isn't any better than Bortles, Romo wouldn't sign with the Jags, so just who should they have brought in? Garrard? Farve? Oh oh oh I got it...Johnny Manziel!!!
Next season there are much better options between possible free agency and the draft.  I'm guessing we will spend big money next offseason on a quarterback.

well you are bashing the Jags for not bringing anyone in THIS year but talking about next year...But you are correct in your post above

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2017, 04:29 PM by Jagwired.)

No tweets and Arob outrage at the pass at the 40 second mark of this video. Maybe a little wobbly? Not perfectly in stride? Come on now, don't let me down. Laughing 

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...c41eafe3b8
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

fun fact in 2016 Bortles ran for 3 tds and caught 1
Kaepernick ran for 2 tds

Bortles averaged 244.1 yards a game
Kaepernick avgd 186.8 yards a game

CK59.2 vs BB58.9

Reads defenses better?

[Image: CSvx2SQU8AEl563.png]

that series ended in a safety.  

I think you need to watch some CK highlights from last year to see who you are actually rooting for to come here.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine