Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Ivory - Time to move on?

Chris Ivory literally got old overnight. This is a cruel league.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am actually reserving judgement on him until I see Fournette run some more with the one's. I am hoping to see him start against the Panthers. I don't know if it's always our personnel in the backfield or the lack of effort up front in the trenches anymore to tell you the truth.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-19-2017, 11:20 AM)Jags02 Wrote: The salary cap dictates that we can't cut Ivory this year. Our only options as far as parting with him are to trade him or cut him after the season.

That's not true. If we were to cut him we eat 7 million in dead money. We eat 4 million this year and 3 million next year. The 4 million that we would eat this year is still a net cap savings of over a million on the salary cap this year.

Ivory looked bad on Thursday, but that line wasn't doing him any favors. As Jags02 said, Ivory will be here because I can't imagine them eating his 2017 salary especially since no other running back has played him off the roster.

Really good Rbs are cut from teams and can be had on the market. Personally I rather them eat the Ivory and Yeldon contracts and wait for cuts to happen. It ain't my money though, but dead money already is dead in my opinion as I think Ivory and Yeldon both look garbage. You are going to pay it anyways so just cut em and reel in some new fish. Seriously doubt it happens though.

Against the Bucs, there were no holes for Ivory to hit.

I'd still keep him over Yeldon. He's done absolutely nothing since entering the league.

He is significantly more paid than Yeldon for similar production. Ivory averaged 3.8 and 20 catches while Yeldon averaged 3.6 and 50 catches. Ivory's style steps on the toes of Fournette's more than Yeldon's.

(08-19-2017, 04:41 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: He is significantly more paid than Yeldon for similar production.  Ivory averaged 3.8 and 20 catches while Yeldon averaged 3.6 and 50 catches.  Ivory's style steps on the toes of Fournette's more than Yeldon's.

Yeldon is the best pass blocking RB on the roster as well. Ivory can't pass protect to save his life.

(08-19-2017, 04:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 04:41 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: He is significantly more paid than Yeldon for similar production.  Ivory averaged 3.8 and 20 catches while Yeldon averaged 3.6 and 50 catches.  Ivory's style steps on the toes of Fournette's more than Yeldon's.

Yeldon is the best pass blocking RB on the roster as well. Ivory can't pass protect to save his life.

Agreed.

If all a RB can do is pass block, he's pretty useless. We might as well get rid of both and bring in some new blood after cuts.

(08-19-2017, 05:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 04:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yeldon is the best pass blocking RB on the roster as well. Ivory can't pass protect to save his life.

If all a RB can do is pass block, he's pretty useless. We might as well get rid of both and bring in some new blood after cuts.

Because that's what I said huh?

Yeldon would have hit 1k rushing yards in 2015 if he didn't miss some time. He averaged 4.1 ypc that season. How quickly people forget.

But yea, lets cut them both and roll with Fournette/Grant and some other random RBs who just got cut off their teams. Fournette already has a foot/toe injury after 6 carries but lets cut all of our RBs.

(08-19-2017, 06:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 05:54 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If all a RB can do is pass block, he's pretty useless. We might as well get rid of both and bring in some new blood after cuts.

Because that's what I said huh?

Yeldon would have hit 1k rushing yards in 2015 if he didn't miss some time. He averaged 4.1 ypc that season. How quickly people forget.

But yea, lets cut them both and roll with Fournette/Grant and some other random RBs who just got cut off their teams. Fournette already has a foot/toe injury after 6 carries but lets cut all of our RBs.

You can't project what might have happened in 2015. Maybe Yeldon would've stunk up the joint in the games he missed too and would've missed out on 1000 yards anyway. Besides, 1000 yards and a 4.1 average is not that impressive at all. 

I'm all for cutting them both. I'm confident in Fournette and Grant and I believe we can find a RB off the FA scrap heap who can give us just as much production as Ivory and Yeldon have been giving us.

(08-19-2017, 06:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 06:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Because that's what I said huh?

You can't project what might have happened in 2015. Maybe Yeldon would've stunk up the joint in the games he missed too and would've missed out on 1000 yards anyway. Besides, 1000 yards and a 4.1 average is not that impressive at all. 

I'm all for cutting them both. I'm confident in Fournette and Grant and I believe we can find a RB off the FA scrap heap who can give us just as much production as Ivory and Yeldon have been giving us.

You can't project that it wouldn't have happened if he didn't miss those last 3 games either.

I don't have a problem with cutting Ivory. He's way overpaid.

Yeldon complements Fournette's style of play the best. He doesn't have to be impressive. That's what Fournette was drafted for. Yeldon is the perfect 3rd down back for this team. Until Fournette can prove that he can stay healthy, pass protect and be an every down RB, it'd be stupid to dump your best 3rd down RB.

(08-18-2017, 11:57 AM)IEtdavis2006 Wrote: I think it's time to move on from Chris Ivory as well. I know a lot of people harp about the line but I keep seeing a guy running into the back of linemen pushing them instead of hitting the hole and using his vision. I kept seeing a guy who is tripping over his own feet trying to run out of the backfield. I see a guy who always cuts back and gets tackled for a loss rather than pick up 4-5 yards a play. I'm done with him and I think he makes the line look a lot worse than it is.

Instead of hitting the holes?   What holes?  You act as if he's missing running lanes.  They have to exist to miss them.  The team rushed for what Thursday night?  30 or so yards?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Yeldon can't either. Go look at Bortles shuffle pass. Watch Yeldon.

(08-19-2017, 07:43 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 04:49 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yeldon is the best pass blocking RB on the roster as well. Ivory can't pass protect to save his life.

Yeldon can't either. Go look at Bortles shuffle pass. Watch Yeldon.

Ok, lets take a look then. Here's that exact play - https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/898620142325710848

What I see is #77 Omameh getting completely destroyed off the snap. I'm not sure if he even touched McCoy on that play. McCoy made him look like a fool.

Yeldon literally did all he could do on that play. McCoy beat Omameh so bad that Yeldon barely had any time to react. If you think Yeldon is at fault on this play then I don't know what you're looking at man.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2017, 08:50 PM by FreeAgent01.)

LMAO. It was a playaction pass. Did you want Yeldon to predict McCoy would go untouched and ignore the playaction? McCoy was literally running by Yeldon's shoulder with a full head of steam right as the playaction was completed.

I don't think it's fair to judge any player behind the line of scrimmage with this offensive line. Me wanting to get rid of Ivory isn't an indictment on him as a player - it's that he is overpaid to be a number two running back that fills no different role than what the supposed franchise running back we just drafted does well. The fact that production from ANY running back behind this line will be modest at best also plays a strong role in that.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 02:24 AM by wg171.)

(08-19-2017, 03:00 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Against the Bucs, there were no holes for Ivory to hit.
Agreed

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 02:21 AM by Eric1.)

(08-19-2017, 08:49 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I don't think it's fair to judge any player behind the line of scrimmage with this offensive line.  Me wanting to get rid of Ivory isn't an indictment on him as a player - it's that he is overpaid to be a number two running back that fills no different role than what the supposed franchise running back we just drafted does well.  The fact that production from ANY running back behind this line will be modest at best also plays a strong role in that.

How dare you use logic and reason around these here parts!!!

The sad thing is your post will probably be ignored by the majority here because they don't want logic, reason and facts.

The majority around here just wants misplaced blame and uninformed opinions. AKA Bortles is to blame for everything!!!