Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players are grumbling about "Camp Coughlin"

Our guys don't want it bad enough. If they want to gripe and complain about camps that aren't even close to being as rigorous before the CBA agreement they'll be looking elsewhere.
No pain, no gain.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I seem to remember the original training camp was conducted at the University of Wisconsin Stephens Point with the players staying in small dormitory rooms.  It was very hot, even by Florida standards, that summer of 1995.   There were extended two-a-day practices, full contact, salt tablets, and limited water breaks.

As a new franchise, they were out-talented by almost everyone, but they showed desire, hustle, and an intense desire to win.  They won four games that season and were really only blown out one time (44-0 loss to Detroit).  

Our current crew grumble about "Camp Coughlin"?  With the exception of Poz and maybe two or three others, I doubt any of these players would have lasted a day in a real "Camp Coughlin."

Frankly, after what I saw against Tampa Bay, I doubt this group of players will even get to the four wins achieved by a brand new franchise.  They lack the necessary desire, hustle, and will to win.  They are solely motivated by receiving (not necessarily earning) a bloated pay check.  They seem to have zero pride in themselves or their organization since they not only do not put forth any real effort, they don't bother to even act like their pitiful efforts are an embarrassment to each of them personally.  Their mantra seems to be:  1.  Go forth and do little.  2. Get and cash an unearned large pay check, and 3.  Laugh at and about those who expected any thing differently.

I would gladly see another Camp Coughlin.  Most of these jokers would be gone and working some minimum wage job.

Only the deals survive. Separates the men from the boys. Tom and Doug will find out who the real men and warriors are on this team.

They've been coddled under the leadership of Gus Bradley. That's why Blake's arm hasn't been able to hold up this summer. He probably overworked himself before training camp and didn't anticipate the [BLEEP] beating that this new coaching staff was going to dish at him volume wise.

That's all we've heard about this summer. The increased volumes. The increased time. It's taking it's toll on these players. They'll adapt or die at some point. But, after the last five to six years of being a bottom barrel franchise. Something needed to change culture wise. And this sounds good to me.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If you are the head coach. How do you address these social media he said/ she said garbage that is going on with this team? Moans about camp, liking articles that you know will cause discontent, muttering [BLEEP] under your breath, anonymous quotes, all of which spit in the face of Team, the exact thing TC says must happen before they win. They must put team first.

I believe I would ask them if they are idiots or are they just really that simple and weak?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Players grumble about camp all the time regardless of the coach/F.O./whatever.

Coughlin's players ALWAYS complain about it. No big deal. I'd rather Marrone push them hard early and rest them up a bit before week one than make it a cake walk the whole way.

(08-19-2017, 02:47 AM)Last42min Wrote: I will say this: I personally thought the team looked sluggish. You CAN overwork a person. Your body needs time to recover. I don't believe the team as a whole doesn't care, so I suspect they are being overworked, at least in part. A few days of rest can fix that. They've had back-to-back camps against teams with stout lines.

This.

They have been training nonstop, once they get into a normal routine in the regular season they will be fine.

Haha. These players are acting like it is Bear Bryant and the The Junction Boys.

It's time for this team to grow the up and win some damn games.

Soft serve gus guys complaining. Get the wimps out of here
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

100% on Gus. He was running a Kids day camp.

(08-19-2017, 09:49 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Players grumble about camp all the time regardless of the coach/F.O./whatever.

Coughlin's players ALWAYS complain about it.  No big deal.  I'd rather Marrone push them hard early and rest them up a bit before week one than make it a cake walk the whole way.

Exactly.

(08-19-2017, 02:47 AM)Last42min Wrote: I will say this: I personally thought the team looked sluggish. You CAN overwork a person. Your body needs time to recover. I don't believe the team as a whole doesn't care, so I suspect they are being overworked, at least in part. A few days of rest can fix that. They've had back-to-back camps against teams with stout lines.

I agree with this, but it's tough to tell if that sluggishness on Thursday was a mental or physical thing.

This training camp will probably net us a couple of wins during this season. I really enjoy how TC and Marrone are physically and mentally challenging the players. This gives them a better evaluation IMO. This is about a complete culture change. These players are bonding and learning what it means to be a real team. This won't be an overnight change. It will take time on task practicing what it means to be a true professional to obtain results.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

If we can start winning on a consistent basis, i think the players will buy in. It's when we lay an egg during a game that players start second guessing all the blood, swear, and tears that they have given up in practice.

Talk about whining...man up already! Maybe they're not being paid enough. smh