Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
is DC allergic to O-Line?

(08-23-2017, 09:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Quick name the LG on the Patriots. Or the Falcons.

Until we get a QB, nothing really matters. Good QB'S make an offensive line better. Including the run game with draws and play action.

If we had Linder at Guard with Mack at Center, we would be the same exact team. Nothing would change.

Andy Levitre was a high priced free agent and is a good left guard. Joe Thuney is an upcoming guard that had a good season and will get paid one day.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-23-2017, 06:13 PM)realtorpat Wrote: I think its more of a league without a lot of o line talent.  The way colleges are playing hinders their development, teams don't practice as much to get their technique down.  It used to be you could get a LT in the first, a guard in the 3rd and a center in the 5th or 6th.  Seems like if you want a LT or C you need to get them in the 1st or get lucky.  A guard you get in the 2nd or the 3rd and get lucky, a tackle is hit or miss no matter where you get them.  Probably the best thing you can do is take your swings in the draft every year with a guy or two.  Stockpile some nfl sized bodies late in the draft or in undrafted free agency and develop them.  Tyler Shatley and Bowanko are two guys that we've spent some time developing and I expect those jars to come to life soon.

You hit the nail right on the head.

OL play is at an all time low, league wide right now. It has everything to do with how the College game is currently being played. Long gone are the days of OL guys being developed in college to be pro ready. All of these spread Offenses in college have destroyed quality OL play at the next level.

(08-23-2017, 07:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 11:04 AM)Kane Wrote: He's drafted at least 4 O-Linemen in his tenure.
He's also signed 5-6 FA OL guys..

He hasn't done 'nothing'. He just hasn't been very good at fixing the OL outside of Linder and Cam

Please don't put good and Cann in the same sentence

Lol M and NN do look close.

I think Jag front office and Caldwell can be critizized for not adding any quality interior o linemen in the last two off seasons.

(08-24-2017, 08:37 AM)TealHammer Wrote: I think Jag front office and Caldwell can be critizized for not adding any quality interior o linemen in the last two off seasons.

They added Beachum, Omameh, Albert and Cam Robinson in that span, but you're right. That only yielded a "solid" guard and possibly a good LT. 

Not enough has been done. I was disappointed they didn't draft a mid-round guard at the very least.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2017, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 08:37 AM)TealHammer Wrote: I think Jag front office and Caldwell can be critizized for not adding any quality interior o linemen in the last two off seasons.

They added Beachum, Omameh, Albert and Cam Robinson in that span, but you're right. That only yielded a "solid" guard and possibly a good LT. 

Not enough has been done. I was disappointed they didn't draft a mid-round guard at the very least.

I think if Dawkins fell to the third, he may have been the pick there.  I think the Johnson kid from Pitt that went to Arizona in the 4th was probably the last best chance to add another viable guy to the mix.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-24-2017, 11:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: They added Beachum, Omameh, Albert and Cam Robinson in that span, but you're right. That only yielded a "solid" guard and possibly a good LT. 

I think if Dawkins fell to the third, he may have been the pick there.  I think the Johnson kid from Pitt that went to Arizona in the 4th was probably the last best chance to add another viable guy to the mix.

I agree on both. 

Feeney or Elflein in the third were possibilities as well instead of Smoot. Dawkins was the guy I was personally hoping for in the third.  I even reached a bit and mocked him to the Jags in the second at one point prior to the draft. 

I was thinking DL, S or maybe even OJ Howard in the first, then:

rd2. Dawkins
rd3. Davis Webb (post bye week starter if Bortles flames out) 
rd4. Wayne Gallman 

Remains to be seen if those were massive reaches or not, but I felt like they could all make the team better.  Dawkins is having good reports in Buffalo thus far. Webb is still a project and they're in no hurry to get him on the field, and Gallman is pressing to win the starting job from Perkins in NY.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 01:28 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-24-2017, 12:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 11:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I think if Dawkins fell to the third, he may have been the pick there.  I think the Johnson kid from Pitt that went to Arizona in the 4th was probably the last best chance to add another viable guy to the mix.

I agree on both. 

Feeney or Elflein in the third were possibilities as well instead of Smoot. Dawkins was the guy I was personally hoping for in the third.  I even reached a bit and mocked him to the Jags in the second at one point prior to the draft. 

I was thinking DL, S or maybe even OJ Howard in the first, then:

rd2. Dawkins
rd3. Davis Webb (post bye week starter if Bortles flames out) 
rd4. Wayne Gallman 

Remains to be seen if those were massive reaches or not, but I felt like they could all make the team better.  Dawkins is having good reports in Buffalo thus far. Webb is still a project and they're in no hurry to get him on the field, and Gallman is pressing to win the starting job from Perkins in NY.

Not sure if Dawkins in the 2nd would have been that much of a reach.  As it stands he was drafted at the bottom of the 2nd, and I've heard he's already been the starter at RT for Buffalo at various points in the offseason/preseason.  To me, I'd have preferred Robinson over Dawkins due to his ability to play LT, but Dawkins would have been a nice consolation prize for me if Seattle went Robinson ahead of us.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/24/dion-d...vs-ravens/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!