Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars' Doug Marrone not ready to name starting QB

Jaguars' Doug Marrone not ready to name starting QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...tarting-qb

Jacksonville Jaguars coach Doug Marrone came out of Thursday's 24-23 preseason loss to the Carolina Panthers unconvinced that either Chad Henne or Blake Bortles had a runaway performance.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They are both abysmal and the Jags were completely unprepared. I'm not shocked that this is the situation they have found themselves in. Somehow Dave Caldwell still has a job.

I'm starting to wonder if my beloved Jags are actually homegrown terrorists.. Because they will literally kill you if you watch them..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Bring in Kap. This offense needs a running QB because our oline is the worst in the NFL.

(08-25-2017, 09:14 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Bring in Kap. This offense needs a running QB because our oline is the worst in the NFL.

This.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 10:14 AM by Byron LeftTown.)

It's the same choice this team has had since 2014. Slim and none.

Isn't Bortles a QB with mobility? Why don't they use it more with this OL the way it is?

Allen also has shown to have wheels.

I really think people holding their breath waiting for a Kap signing are going to die due to lack of oxygen.
And are probably getting their blood pressure up stressing it so badly.

But that's just like.. my opinion..man.

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2017, 10:55 AM by Jest101.)

(08-25-2017, 09:12 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm starting to wonder if my beloved Jags are actually homegrown terrorists.. Because they will literally kill you if you watch them..

I feel like they are the old pickup truck that runs like crap and has lots of issues.  You know you should get rid of it, but just can't bring yourself to do it.

(08-25-2017, 09:14 AM)BklynJag Wrote: Bring in Kap. This offense needs a running QB because our oline is the worst in the NFL.

He is no upgrade to what we have now.

If Kap was any good he wouldn't be available.

(08-25-2017, 10:47 AM)Kane Wrote: Isn't Bortles a QB with mobility? Why don't they use it more with this OL the way it is?

I really think people holding their breath waiting for a Kap signing are going to die due to lack of oxygen.

I think they might do that a fair amount when they begin game-planning for opponents. 
I also think you'll see some creativity to get Fournette and Grant the ball in space. 

They'll need all the smoke and mirrors to mitigate the O-Line and QB inadequacies.

(08-25-2017, 01:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 10:47 AM)Kane Wrote: Isn't Bortles a QB with mobility? Why don't they use it more with this OL the way it is?

I think they might do that a fair amount when they begin game-planning for opponents. 
I also think you'll see some creativity to get Fournette and Grant the ball in space. 

They'll need all the smoke and mirrors to mitigate the O-Line and QB inadequacies.

Doubt it. Bortles running more just gives him a bigger chance to get injured and that's the one thing we're trying to avoid.

(08-25-2017, 01:42 PM)jg77 Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 01:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I think they might do that a fair amount when they begin game-planning for opponents. 

Doubt it. Bortles running more just gives him a bigger chance to get injured and that's the one thing we're trying to avoid.

I understand that point of view, but I think that if they make that type of decision, they just won't play him at all rather than trying to play him "safely."

Name Corey Grant the QB and go single wing.

Can't possibly be any worse.

(08-25-2017, 01:16 PM)JagFox1 Wrote:

If Kap was any good he wouldn't be available.

I think he'd have a job already even though he sucks if he didn't bring the circus with him.

I'm a CK supporter. Like seriously. But from a purely football standpoint, I've said since day 1 that I didnt want him on the team. I didn't think he was a good QB in San Fran. To be honest, I think Tebow was a better QB than CK. No one will admit it because instead of looking with your eyes and using football I.Q, you'd rather believe what a talking head in saying.

That run to the SB was off of the sails of Alex Smith. And if Smith wouldn't have gotten injured, what would we really be saying right now about CK. I remember watching some 49ers games and wondering why he would just take off running with guys wide open. I would wonder why he never went through reads. Honestly, RGIII would be a better fit than CK.

Basically, If you bring CK in, you would have to change the offense. He profits best in the shotgun and using the option offense. With our Oline, I can understand. But we have a North and South runner IMO would not benefit in that type of offense.

Basically, you gotta use BK5. Just do what he does best. Don't ask him to do anything he isnt comfortable with. he is mobile enough but can get under center and get 904nette the ball.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Bortles or Henne are going to land us in purgatory status. 3-6 wins. I say throw Allen into the mix and see what the kid can do.

I have seen all of Bortles and Henne that I can take.