Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RG3

Casual NFL fan here and looking at your guys QB conundrum and wondering why RG3 hasn't been looked at?  I know he's injury prone but I was looking at his preseason highlights for the Browns last year and he looks miles better than both Henne and Bortles.  He's basically available for nothing.  There are probably a couple of other options but I didn't want to bring up Kapernick since I already see a thread about that and politics may be keeping him from getting signed.  Why not take a chance on RG3 at least as a back up?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The problem is if you have RG3 as a starter you still don't actually have a starter. He's too fragile and as much as I liked him in the past he's pretty much beyond the point of no return.

(08-25-2017, 05:03 PM)JackCity Wrote: The problem is if you have RG3 as a starter you still don't actually have a starter. He's too fragile and as much as I liked him in the past he's pretty much beyond the point of no return.

Agreed.

(08-25-2017, 04:54 PM)sonic55 Wrote: Casual NFL fan here and looking at your guys QB conundrum and wondering why RG3 hasn't been looked at?  I know he's injury prone but I was looking at his preseason highlights for the Browns last year and he looks miles better than both Henne and Bortles.  He's basically available for nothing.  There are probably a couple of other options but I didn't want to bring up Kapernick since I already see a thread about that and politics may be keeping him from getting signed.  Why not take a chance on RG3 at least as a back up?

Why hasn't he been looked at? Who is to say they haven't looked at him?  Front offices and their pro scouts evaluate every player currently, or potentially becoming available.  

The reason NO team has signed RGIII is rather simple.  He's brittle and he sucks.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I am amazed that RG3 just crashed and burned like he has. The guy clearly had talent, Shanahan really did a number on him. Its too bad, I thought he was an upstanding guy when he was in Washington.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(08-29-2017, 12:09 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I am amazed that RG3 just crashed and burned like he has. The guy clearly had talent, Shanahan really did a number on him. Its too bad, I thought he was an upstanding guy when he was in Washington.

He had the talent, but once he blew that knee up, it took away an element of hi game that made him somewhat effective.  Good kid.  Just not a very good QB at this point.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-29-2017, 10:00 AM)FBT Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 12:09 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I am amazed that RG3 just crashed and burned like he has. The guy clearly had talent, Shanahan really did a number on him. Its too bad, I thought he was an upstanding guy when he was in Washington.

He had the talent, but once he blew that knee up, it took away an element of hi game that made him somewhat effective.  Good kid.  Just not a very good QB at this point.

RGme??

Eh...

RGme would be a worse signing than Kap lol

Mike Shannahan didn't do a number on him. They broke down his film and he had 4 guys wide open, but he decided to run instead of pass.

He can't read. And he doesn't trust his throws.

RG3 is still relevant these days.