Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida Times Union - Jaguars Notebook: Two weeks to fix dormant running game

Jaguars Notebook: Two weeks to fix dormant running game

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...nning-game

The best part for the Jaguars if their starters don’t play Thursday at Atlanta: Their dormant running game is guaranteed to not struggle.
Coach Doug Marrone was mum on Saturday about the start

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Your #1 running back is being held out as a precaution, and your line is still struggling to get their footing. I'm thinking they shouldn't expect to see the running game magically cured in week 4 of the preseason when most of your starters will be lingering on the sideline.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(08-27-2017, 06:06 PM)FBT Wrote: Your #1 running back is being held out as a precaution, and your line is still struggling to get their footing.  I'm thinking they shouldn't expect to see the running game magically cured in week 4 of the preseason when most of your starters will be lingering on the sideline.

Not only that, but our Week 1 opponent has a very strong defense overall and a strong front 7 in particular.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We play the best front 7 in football week 1. They'll tear us up. On the bright side , we won't play a front 7 nearly as good as them until the Seahawks come in to town.

Two words Leonard Fournette
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(08-27-2017, 08:02 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Two words Leonard Fournette

^This.

Quite possibly our most talented offensive player isn't on the field right now.  

The OL might diminish his efforts but he's a playmaker if he can stay on the field.

(08-27-2017, 08:02 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: Two words Leonard Fournette

Might as well be Gerhart if the line cannot block.

Fournette didnt even show up against Alabama and UF defenses. He will suck in the nfl, trent richardson 2.0

(08-27-2017, 10:30 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Fournette didnt even show up against Alabama and UF defenses.  He will suck in the nfl, trent richardson 2.0

Yes, because you are such a respected figure in the NFL that your opinion matters more than any other analyst... Rolleyes

Dude, seriously.... shut the hell up and stop trying to start fights.

(08-27-2017, 10:50 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 10:30 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Fournette didnt even show up against Alabama and UF defenses.  He will suck in the nfl, trent richardson 2.0

Yes, because you are such a respected figure in the NFL that your opinion matters more than any other analyst... Rolleyes

Dude, seriously.... shut the hell up and stop trying to start fights.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. Cool
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

You need a steady supply of Midol.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(08-28-2017, 12:20 AM)FBT Wrote:

You need a steady supply of Midol.

Can you ban this man because he's clearly trolling at this point and has no place for this type of childishness on this website.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 07:35 AM by Caldrac.)

We play a formidable NFC West division this year that's known for it's stout defenses. We play the tinhorns twice so we know that story already on how well versed they're defensively. It's going to be tough sledding no matter what we try to accomplish this year on offense.

I don't see Bortles surviving this season physically behind this offensive line right now. And I see us over burdening Fournette to where he's likely to have a Todd Gurley year two, not rookie season, but a year two type of year on the ground because we don't scare anybody with Bortles.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-28-2017, 06:25 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 12:20 AM)FBT Wrote: You need a steady supply of Midol.

Can you ban this man because he's clearly trolling at this point and has no place for this type of childishness on this website.

Where's the fun in that?

UF stopped him once, while he was injured and only carried 12x for 40 yards. Even including that game his career against UF looked like this: 3 games, 70 carries, 360 yards, 5.1 YPC, 4 TDs. 

Alabama is the only team Fournette did not have a dominant performance against while at LSU. If we play a front 7 two deep with pro bowlers and our game plan begins and ends with the toss dive I don't expect him to succeed in that game either.