Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matthew Stafford, Lions agree to five-year deal, making him the highest paid QB of al

There goes one of the QBs

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/8/28...nfl-player

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I guess the one positive about not having a franchise QB is we dont have to pay anyone.

5-46 against above .500 teams.

Still worth all that cheese though.

(08-28-2017, 10:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I guess the one positive about not having a franchise QB is we dont have to pay anyone.

If we could just get an average QB id be happy

I've always liked Stafford. He is not the problem in Detroit.

wasn't he the last qb to get a mega deal under the old cba too?
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Good enough to sell season tickets = big money for QBs

The Lions can win with Stafford even if he's not Brady or Rodgers - and they know that ten other teams would have been at least willing (if able or not) to pay him a similar salary for that reason alone.

This is an entertainment enterprise and the teams with better QBs have greater ability to entertain.

Don't be shocked when Rodgers gets a 200 million dollar contract.

(08-28-2017, 11:00 PM)realtorpat Wrote: wasn't he the last qb to get a mega deal under the old cba too?

I believe that was Bradford, but yeah he was one of the last ones. Either way, I was kind of surprised to see he was at 17 mil last year. For a guy who is pretty much a top 10 QB in his prime, that was a deal. When you see Carr and Stafford getting 25 mil a year, then you understand why Blake at 19 mil would be a great deal if he rediscovers his touch. Not counting on that, but I still agree with the decision to pick the option up.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(08-28-2017, 10:35 PM)JackCity Wrote: 5-46 against above .500 teams.

Still worth all that cheese though.

The Lions were in QB purgatory for so long, no way they weren't going to get a deal done.
Better now than later if he has a stellar season and costs more...

Lions have never had much of a run game or a really effective defense... so while "he" doesn't have that great record against better teams...
He's the only reason they've been relevant the past few seasons.