Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reggie Ragland traded to Chiefs for 2019 4th round pick

I always like Ragland coming out.  If he can fully recover from his ACL injury last year Chiefs could get a steal

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Now the Bills have at least two picks in each of the first 4 rounds. Barring something unforeseen, they will own next year's draft.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-29-2017, 07:56 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Now the Bills have at least two picks in each of the first 4 rounds.  Barring something unforeseen, they will own next year's draft.

That's how you do a rebuild.

Browns and Bills in the last couple seasons have acquired picks upon picks.

When you know you'll have some misses or will need to make moves, you need your picks.
This is why I'm usually adamant about not trading picks for some other teams backup QB.....

At some point, we need this kind of thinking going forward. We need to constantly acquire talent instead of thinking we're almost there every year.

(08-29-2017, 11:35 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 07:56 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Now the Bills have at least two picks in each of the first 4 rounds.  Barring something unforeseen, they will own next year's draft.

When you know you'll have some misses or will need to make moves, you need your picks.
This is why I'm usually adamant about not trading picks for some other teams backup QB.....

At some point, we need this kind of thinking going forward. We need to constantly acquire talent instead of thinking we're almost there every year.

Bingo!

Na. We just need a good QB.

It's built

(08-28-2017, 11:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I always like Ragland coming out.  If he can fully recover from his ACL injury last year Chiefs could get a steal

Agreed.   A 4th Round pick given up for a player that MANY projected going in the 1st Round,  sure seems like a very good risk/ reward decision by the Chiefs.  

One of the consequences we have seen when many coaching changes are made is some players aren't good fits for the new system put in place.  This probably was a huge part of why the Bills made this trade.

Another Bama bust.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2017, 02:20 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

I have always opposed Cleveland's pick collection strategy because they deliberately miss out on elite talent by trading down. We stayed put and got the BAP at #5 who filled a need. If we had drafted Cleveland's way a lot of Jaguars fans would have been mad at us for not staying put to select Jalen Ramsey, don't you think?

It is pretty obvious why many Browns fans were mad at their team for trading the #2 pick knowing the Eagles would use it to draft a QB.f Last year we saw the fans and media were right about that trade being a huge mistake.

Of course, I am not predicting a magical turnaround for Blake Bortles that makes him look like a Ben Roethlisberger clone. But there is no way to justify trading down, down, down or trading away early round picks for backups including the QB when your don't expect the top player at a position of need to be available later.

(08-31-2017, 02:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 11:35 AM)Kane Wrote: That's how you do a rebuild.

I have always opposed Cleveland's pick collection strategy because they deliberately miss out on elite talent by trading down. We stayed put and got the BAP at #5 who filled a need. If we had drafted Cleveland's way a lot of Jaguars fans would have been mad at us for not staying put to select Jalen Ramsey, don't you think?

It is pretty obvious why many Browns fans were mad at their team for trading the #2 pick knowing the Eagles would use it to draft a QB.f Last year we saw the fans and media were right about that trade being a huge mistake.

Of course, I am not predicting a magical turnaround for Blake Bortles that makes him look like a Ben Roethlisberger clone. But there is no way to justify trading down, down, down or trading away early round picks for backups including the QB when your don't expect the top player at a position of need to be available later.

They traded back up to get the TE they wanted.  They were also able to have what 3 first round picks this year?  I love their draft strategy.  More picks is more swings at the ball and you can package them for higher picks.  First two years of a rebuild you want a ton of picks, following two you want to package those picks to move up in the draft which they did.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(08-30-2017, 12:55 PM)D6 Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 11:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I always like Ragland coming out.  If he can fully recover from his ACL injury last year Chiefs could get a steal

Agreed.   A 4th Round pick given up for a player that MANY projected going in the 1st Round,  sure seems like a very good risk/ reward decision by the Chiefs.  

One of the consequences we have seen when many coaching changes are made is some players aren't good fits for the new system put in place.  This probably was a huge part of why the Bills made this trade.

When this happens I wonder what teams are thinking when they hire coaches who lack the flexibility to work with players with little or no experience in their preferred systems. Look at the Rams. Wade Phillips is a great DC when he has the right players to run a 3-4 defense, but I repeatedly read it will be a challenge for the current personnel to make that switch after operating in a 4-3 defense their entire careers. If the guy in charge of hiring Sean McVay knew this, it would have made more sense to hire someone with a 4-3 background for Jeff Fisher's replacement. Nothing against Sean McVay, of course - just not sure why a  team's executives would want to hire misfit coaches knowing what systems their players fit in. It would be so much easier on the players to not be forced to flip a switch in one offseason.

(08-31-2017, 02:52 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 02:18 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I have always opposed Cleveland's pick collection strategy because they deliberately miss out on elite talent by trading down. We stayed put and got the BAP at #5 who filled a need. If we had drafted Cleveland's way a lot of Jaguars fans would have been mad at us for not staying put to select Jalen Ramsey, don't you think?

They traded back up to get the TE they wanted.  They were also able to have what 3 first round picks this year?  I love their draft strategy.  More picks is more swings at the ball and you can package them for higher picks.  First two years of a rebuild you want a ton of picks, following two you want to package those picks to move up in the draft which they did.

Not the same year they missed out on a franchise QB in favor of a passer who has officially been named #2 on the depth chart. I could go on when the 2018 draft order is official.

(08-31-2017, 03:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 02:52 PM)realtorpat Wrote: They traded back up to get the TE they wanted.  They were also able to have what 3 first round picks this year?  I love their draft strategy.  More picks is more swings at the ball and you can package them for higher picks.  First two years of a rebuild you want a ton of picks, following two you want to package those picks to move up in the draft which they did.

Not the same year they missed out on a franchise QB in favor of a passer who has officially been named #2 on the depth chart. I could go on when the 2018 draft order is official.

which player did they miss out on?  It would help your point if you used names.
Go Jags!

(08-31-2017, 03:58 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 03:40 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Not the same year they missed out on a franchise QB in favor of a passer who has officially been named #2 on the depth chart. I could go on when the 2018 draft order is official.

Which player did they miss out on?  It would help your point if you used names.

Carson Wentz. I thought I did name him in another post.

(08-31-2017, 05:32 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 03:58 PM)realtorpat Wrote: Which player did they miss out on?  It would help your point if you used names.

Carson Wentz. I thought I did name him in another post.

He has shown nothing to make you think he is a franchise QB already.
Go Jags!

(08-31-2017, 06:05 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 05:32 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: Carson Wentz. I thought I did name him in another post.

He has shown nothing to make you think he is a franchise QB already.

Have you compared Carson Wentz to Cody Kessler?

(08-31-2017, 06:11 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 06:05 PM)realtorpat Wrote: He has shown nothing to make you think he is a franchise QB already.

Have you compared Carson Wentz to Cody Kessler?

the 3rd round pick Cody Kessler who went to the browns to throw to a top wr that used to be a qb?  Do you really think the browns thought Kessler was a franchise qb when they drafted him?  Taking a qb early is saying you do.  Wentz is not a Franchise qb yet and there are some major questions on if he ever will be.  Kessler was a stop gap
Go Jags!