Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myers

Now tell us now, if Myers starts and continues splitting the uprights

who else we got left to complain about then
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The delay in returning to Jax has me thinking it will give Myers one more week to redeem himself.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-12-2017, 03:27 PM)13Coronas Wrote: Now tell us now, if Myers starts and continues splitting the uprights

who else we got left to complain about then

His chance is over. He still needs to go. I don't want this joker on this team in the playoffs. Not worth the hassle.

[insert name here] would be an upgrade.

I posted this in another thread.

He's going to cost the Jags at least a game this year until they finally move on.

It is all in his head. If ST coach can figure it out, Myers can be a very good player. The guy can make long field goal and then suddenly miss extra point. He usually missed when seeing pressure coming. Maybe he should wear blinders.

They should make him sit in a booth where he can't hear or see anything going on in the game, and just go out and kick when its his time. Reduce the pressure.
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(09-12-2017, 09:50 PM)tmcoughlin Wrote: It is all in his head. If ST coach can figure it out, Myers can be a very good player. The guy can make long field goal and then suddenly miss extra point. He usually missed when seeing pressure coming. Maybe he should wear blinders.

Inconsistency is the death of most kickers.

the problem with his misses is they are all shorter then 40 yards he has trouble adjusting to the angle and with such a strong leg he is trying to slow it down and aim for the middle and every now and then he shanks it. if you watch him on pat and shorter fg it looks like he is warming up not even putting full leg swing on it. that is somthing we may need to live with. now we can blame the offense inside the 20 they should score a TD and not rely on him. go for it on 4th down let the def. hold them at less the 20 yards instead of his miss giving them the ball at the 30. save him for the 40 + fg wich he is quite accurate with. he hit 90% last year after that bad year of 82%. i dont see a need to replace him.

I say he wins us a game or 2

Kickers are a dime a dozen. We don't need to bend over backwards for this position. Cut and move on.

I'd like to see some kind of reliable veteran over a guy that maybe hit one a few yards longer. Myers may have saved his job with that last attempt in Houston. The leash is really tight.
No pain, no gain.

(09-03-2017, 02:25 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Per nfl.com...

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday that the Panthers were receiving calls on kicker Graham Gano.

I just have to wonder if the Jaguars are the team placing a call for Gano.

In other news, a few intriguing veteran Kickers have been waived...

Mike Nugent, Giants
    Nick Novak, Texans
    Cody Parkey, Browns
    Josh Lambo, Chargers
    Robert Aguayo, Bears
    Travis Coons, Rams
    Zach Hocker, Bucs

Rookie kickers waived include...

Mike Meyer, Falcons
    Marshall Koehn, Vikings
    Sam Ficken, Chiefs
    Jake Elliott, Bengals <--signed with Eagles
    Nick Rose, 49ers

I don't mean to suggest we must replace Myers, but they just might be thinking as much.

Just as an update, I crossed out Elliott because he signed with the Eagles, but everyone is still available.
'02

I'll take Ray Finkle at this point.

(09-13-2017, 06:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'll take Ray Finkle at this point.

Got anymore of that gum?

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 06:49 AM by Caldrac.)

He's probably safe for another week because of the hurricane delaying the team's return. But if he has another terrible performance he's out of the picture with a short term solution signed on in.

Next year it could be Eddy Pineiro. Or that kid from Michigan if he's eligible. Those are the only two kickers I've really paid attention to so far based on last year and this year. Pineiro especially. He was solid last year for the Gators.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-13-2017, 06:39 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 06:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'll take Ray Finkle at this point.

Got anymore of that gum?

It was an investigation. Case closed.

Need to get rid of the garbage already.

(09-13-2017, 03:23 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 02:25 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Per nfl.com...

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday that the Panthers were receiving calls on kicker Graham Gano.

I just have to wonder if the Jaguars are the team placing a call for Gano.

In other news, a few intriguing veteran Kickers have been waived...

Mike Nugent, Giants
    Nick Novak, Texans
    Cody Parkey, Browns
    Josh Lambo, Chargers
    Robert Aguayo, Bears
    Travis Coons, Rams
    Zach Hocker, Bucs

Rookie kickers waived include...

Mike Meyer, Falcons
    Marshall Koehn, Vikings
    Sam Ficken, Chiefs
    Jake Elliott, Bengals <--signed with Eagles
    Nick Rose, 49ers

I don't mean to suggest we must replace Myers, but they just might be thinking as much.

Just as an update, I crossed out Elliott because he signed with the Eagles, but everyone is still available.

I see Lambo, the Chargers K over the past two seasons, just tried out for the Kicker spot. The Jaguars also tried out Andrew Franks who likewise was the Dolphins K the past two seasons.

Over the last two seasons, Franks was 29 of 37 on FGs (78.4%) and 74 of 78 on XPs (94.9%).

Over the same two seasons, Lambo was 52 of 64 on FGs (81.2%) and 70 of 78 on XPs (89.7).

As a comparison, over those same two seasons Myers was 53 of 64 on FGs (82.8%) and 61 of 71 on XPs (85.9%).
'02