Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida Times Union - Jaguars claim five players off waivers

bruh we need Dave to lock his office in everbank tighter than Joel Osteens church in Houston cause these cuts make no sense

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 01:51 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(09-03-2017, 01:47 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: We cut Sterling and Charles

So thats 3 including Allen, wonder who the other two will be

(09-03-2017, 01:48 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Pullard and poutasi as well

And there it is, not bad didnt lose much
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

To make room on the roster, the club released fifth-year DT Stefan Charles and waived first-year QB Brandon Allen, second-year OL Jeremiah Poutasi, third-year LB Hayes Pullard III and third-year TE Neal Sterling.

(09-03-2017, 01:47 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 01:24 PM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: Jaguars waive QB Brandon Allen.

NO!!!

Angry

He will just go to the PS, nobody is putting him on their 53, most teams went with 2 QBs, lol if you think he is gonna be a teams backup QB

(09-03-2017, 01:52 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 01:47 PM)Jags02 Wrote: NO!!!

Angry

He will just go to the PS, nobody is putting him on their 53, most teams went with 2 QBs, lol if you think he is gonna be a teams backup QB

He played himself onto the practice squad against Atlanta. If he'd have had a great game maybe the team keeps him on the roster out of unwarranted fear of losing him, but thanks to the three INTs in a half no one will be coming to poach him.

Dorian Johnson clears waivers

(09-03-2017, 01:50 PM)haveaseat Wrote: bruh we need Dave to lock his office in everbank tighter than Joel Osteens church in Houston cause these cuts make no sense

What player did we cut that was so good?

reading up on the players we signed, seems like they preformed very well in the preseason and got caught in a numbers game

Allen probably three those 3 INT's on purpose to keep other teams away; everyone loves playing on a perennial powerhouse contender like the Jags.

(09-03-2017, 01:52 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 01:47 PM)Jags02 Wrote: NO!!!

Angry

I hope you're right. He if he's indeed not claimed then I'll breathe a sigh of relief. 
'02

Stefan Charles is the only mildly surprising release, but I imagine the F.O. feels they found an upgrade at back-up NT in Ankou.

https://bomberbuzz.com/2017/01/24/cfl-dr...ng-report/

The only "hmmm" release I see is Sterling, but we'll see how it plays out. I honestly know little about these new guys other than O'Shauhnessy.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Pullard is kinda surprising since I thought he was basically the 4th LB on the team. Brown and McCray do have higher upside though.

(09-03-2017, 01:27 PM)D6 Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 01:24 PM)Tornadosoul7 Wrote: Jaguars waive QB Brandon Allen.

Like FBT speculated,  this could mean the Jaguars will sign Ryan Nassib.  It definitely makes sense.

They've had ample time to sign Nassib if they really wanted him. Figure they'll roll with two QBs on the active roster and Allen will end up on the practice squad.

So five rookies, or near rookies, replacing five vets who made our top 53 is going to drastically improve the roster like TC was suggesting with this "we'll see" comment?
'02

(09-03-2017, 02:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Stefan Charles is the only mildly surprising release, but I imagine the F.O. feels they found an upgrade at back-up NT in Ankou.

The one thing this roster definitely has is interior depth at the 3T/5T, so I'm not too shocked they swapped out one for a NT.

Dang! QB Josh Woodrum was claimed by Cleveland.

(09-03-2017, 02:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Stefan Charles is the only mildly surprising release, but I imagine the F.O. feels they found an upgrade at back-up NT in Ankou.

Hayes Pullard III being released for a tiny rookie LB surprises me. Keep in mind that Pullard effectively beat out Josh McNary and Audie Cole, two vets loaded with NFL experience.
'02

It is damn right purposeful losing that this team didnt sign greco or boone

at this point I honestly think we are losing on purpose

(09-03-2017, 02:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Hayes Pullard III being released for a tiny rookie LB surprises me. Keep in mind that Pullard effectively beat out Josh McNary and Audie Cole, two vets loaded with NFL experience.

This would be the most surprising one for me since he was versatile 4th LB and good special teamer. DeCamillis knows what he's doing with special teams though.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 02:19 PM by JackCity.)

O'Shauhnessy is a solid pick up. Chiefs fans said he has a fair amount of potential and can run pretty smooth.

That defensive tackle Ankou is good according to their beat writers. Had a solid preseason and would make other teams rosters , texans just happen to be very strong up front

Payne was a small schools stud at safety in college. Now a linebacker, pretty athletic and good on special teams

That big tackle Poehl was one of only 7 tackles not to give up a sack, hit or hurry in preseason this year.