Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida Times Union - Jaguars claim five players off waivers

The TE experiment with Sterling is over. They tried to develop him and it didn't pan out.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-03-2017, 04:18 PM)FBT Wrote: The TE experiment with Sterling is over.  They tried to develop him and it didn't pan out.

He's a solid receiving TE.  Just didn't show enough as a blocker or save himself by contributing on ST. 

Better to have back-ups show some versatility.  O'Shaugnessy seems to have that.

(09-03-2017, 04:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 04:18 PM)FBT Wrote: The TE experiment with Sterling is over.  They tried to develop him and it didn't pan out.

He's a solid receiving TE.  Just didn't show enough as a blocker or save himself by contributing on ST. 

Better to have back-ups show some versatility.  O'Shaugnessy seems to have that.

Agreed.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Five on, five off: Jaguars churn roster

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...30714022f6

Jaguars claim five players a day after trimming roster to 53; release one player and waive four, including quarterback Brandon Allen

(09-03-2017, 02:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Tyrone Holmes released by Browns.

Sign him back up, Cough-well!!

I couldn't think of his name, thanks. I guess that chapter is closed, except for the Sisters of the Perpetual Hand Wringers order.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(09-03-2017, 02:21 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 02:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Stefan Charles was technically the back-up to Abry Jones at NT, so they just replaced him with one they think they like better. 

It's fair to say Ankou is a bit more of a true NT type than Charles.

Yeah, I know, but Charles was undersized for the position. As you said, Ankou is a true NT.

Size does matter.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-03-2017, 04:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 04:10 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
I'm not sure where you are getting this. NFL.com has Sterling as being active for 10 games this past season, and for 9 the season before. If he were to make the PS, he'd be making it as part of the 4-man exception for vets with up to two accrued seasons.
My mistake. I looked at game logs and didn't realize he was active for a number of games but didn't actually play. 
Thanks.

So Sterling isn't eligible for the practice squad?

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-03-2017, 05:14 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 04:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: My mistake. I looked at game logs and didn't realize he was active for a number of games but didn't actually play. 
Thanks.

So Sterling isn't eligible for the practice squad?

NH3...

The new rules allow each PS to contain 4 players that have exceeded the "accrued seasons" rule. 
So - he can be kept as one of those players if they really want him around.

(09-03-2017, 01:57 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 01:52 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: He will just go to the PS, nobody is putting him on their 53, most teams went with 2 QBs, lol if you think he is gonna be a teams backup QB

He played himself onto the practice squad against Atlanta. If he'd have had a great game maybe the team keeps him on the roster out of unwarranted fear of losing him, but thanks to the three INTs in a half no one will be coming to poach him.

^This. I think that's exactly right. Ain't nobody picking up Allen unless they are severely desperate. 
I'd be shocked if someone took him. 
That game against Atlanta's scrubs,,, oh boy!

The Bears just waived RB Jeremy Langford. This kid is an excellent receiver out of the backfield and a pretty decent runner. I believe he would be a great replacement for Yeldon. Get it done Jags.

(09-03-2017, 05:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Bears just waived RB Jeremy Langford. This kid is an excellent receiver out of the backfield and a pretty decent runner. I believe he would be a great replacement for Yeldon. Get it done Jags.

I like Langford. Surprised they released him. Wouldn't mind that acquisition at all.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 06:17 PM by jessepeck1213.)

(09-03-2017, 05:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The Bears just waived RB Jeremy Langford. This kid is an excellent receiver out of the backfield and a pretty decent runner. I believe he would be a great replacement for Yeldon. Get it done Jags.
I disagree. Langford has averaged a half a yard less per carry than yeldon over their 2 years in the league. And he has done it behind a far better offensive line in chicago.
Yeldon in a also a decent reciever out of the backfield. He's far superior to Langford in terms of pass protection, which is his biggest asset to us right now. And on top of that he's 2 years younger and has more upside. Also knows all of our protections and the offense. I'll stop there, but you get the point by now. That would be a pretty asinine decision.

(09-03-2017, 06:16 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
I disagree. Langford has averaged a half a yard less per carry than yeldon over their 2 years in the league. And he has done it behind a far better offensive line in chicago.
Yeldon in a also a decent reciever out of the backfield. He's far superior to Langford in terms of pass protection, which is his biggest asset to us right now. And on top of that he's 2 years younger and has more upside. Also knows all of our protections and the offense. I'll stop there, but you get the point by now. That would be a pretty asinine decision.

I have to agree with you here.  As much as I dont think Yeldon is the answer, no thanks to Langford.

(09-03-2017, 06:16 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:

Langford is a far superior receiver to Yeldon. In fact, I would estimate that Langford is one of the better pass catching RB's in the NFL. He is a better receiver than a runner, but he is coming off an ankle injury which drastically caused his numbers to fall off last year. I look at the potential for big plays from him out of the backfield as a receiver and that is something we've lacked for a very long time. As far as Yeldon having more upside, nothing could be further from the truth. Yeldon has peaked. He is what he is, a below average runner with an extremely low ceiling. It's time to cut the cord.

I honestly like Cook thats on our practice squad

(09-03-2017, 06:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I honestly like Cook thats on our practice squad

He looked good vs Atl.  Glad they added him to PS.

William Poehls

maybe this is what our OL needs to do just sayin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WYF76OBeOg
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(09-03-2017, 06:34 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 06:16 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: I disagree. Langford has averaged a half a yard less per carry than yeldon over their 2 years in the league. And he has done it behind a far better offensive line in chicago.

Langford is a far superior receiver to Yeldon. In fact, I would estimate that Langford is one of the better pass catching RB's in the NFL. He is a better receiver than a runner, but he is coming off an ankle injury which drastically caused his numbers to fall off last year. I look at the potential for big plays from him out of the backfield as a receiver and that is something we've lacked for a very long time. As far as Yeldon having more upside, nothing could be further from the truth. Yeldon has peaked. He is what he is, a below average runner with an extremely low ceiling. It's time to cut the cord.
"
One area where the general consensus seems to think Langford excelled is as a receiver. Considering he was limited to 22 receptions as a rookie, this doesn’t make a ton of sense. Langford’s 40 targets were 29th most at the position, yet his eight drops were most. His 26.67 percent drop rate was worst in the NFL among 57 qualified backs. For perspective, Danny Woodhead and Theo Riddick tied for the position lead with 80 receptions each and they combined for six drops. Langford, who caught 22 passes, dropped eight on his own."

Please tell me more about how great of a receiver he is.

"According to our analysts, exactly 134 running backs were on the field for at least one pass play last season. Langford’s pass blocking grade ranked 128th among those backs. His pass blocking efficiency rating of 84.3 rating was third-worst among qualified backs."

Yes. Let's replace our back whose main reason he is on our roster is for his pass protection, with a guy who has the dropsies and is a horrible pass protector.

Not one guard claimed. Don't get it.