Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida Times Union - Jaguars Notebook: Benn, Smith among five captains named

Jaguars Notebook: Benn, Smith among five captains named

http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2...ains-named

Linebacker Telvin Smith and receiver/special teamer Arrelious Benn were among five players voted by the Jaguars’ players Monday as this year’s captains.
Smith and linebacker Paul Posluszny

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-04-2017, 04:25 PM)Jaxson Wrote: Jaguars Notebook: Benn, Smith among five captains named

Linebacker Telvin Smith and receiver/special teamer Arrelious Benn were among five players voted by the Jaguars’ players Monday as this year’s captains.

So the oh so important captain designations have been made.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-04-2017, 04:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 04:25 PM)Jaxson Wrote: Jaguars Notebook: Benn, Smith among five captains named

So the oh so important captain designations have been made.

Almost as important as the staff designations on this forum!

(09-04-2017, 05:09 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 04:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: So the oh so important captain designations have been made.

Great tag line.

Ah, but who's the Admiral?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-04-2017, 05:09 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 04:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: So the oh so important captain designations have been made.

We can only hope that naming these captains came about with more discernment than naming me a moderator.

(09-04-2017, 11:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 05:09 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Almost as important as the staff designations on this forum!

We can only hope that naming these captains came about with more discernment than naming me a moderator.

Drunk decissions be best decisions

So..... Super Bowl?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-05-2017, 06:36 AM)mvannostran Wrote: So..... Super Bowl?

Super Bowl no. Superb Owl yes.

Blake not being voted as a team captain by his teammates have any real meaning. Curious if anyone thinks it matters. Me personally, I think the whole captain things means squat!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2017, 11:51 AM by Tuxedo.)

(09-05-2017, 11:41 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Blake not being voted as a team captain by his teammates have any real meaning. Curious if anyone thinks it matters. Me personally, I think the whole captain things means squat!

It has more symbolic meaning than anything else. They aren't going to play worse because Bortles isn't a captain, but clearly the players don't view Blake as the leader of this team. Considering he had this honor last season and the roster, especially the offensive personnel, have barely changed, it speaks to the players not really believing that he's the guy.

(09-05-2017, 11:41 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Blake not being voted as a team captain by his teammates have any real meaning. Curious if anyone thinks it matters. Me personally, I think the whole captain things means squat!

I'm sure someone will fixate on that and turn it into something much bigger than it actually is.  We've got a lot of characters on this board vying for the queen of drama.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Marcedes being the elder statesman of the offense probably means more than anything.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-05-2017, 01:05 PM)NCJag Wrote: Marcedes being the elder statesman of the offense probably means more than anything.

He has been in Jacksonville longer than any other current players dating back to when JDR was there. However, that alone did not give him the C patch, as evidenced by another guy on offense wearing it last year. When he did wear it before, so did Blake Bortles.