Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rams Claimed Brandon Allen

(09-04-2017, 06:51 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 05:32 PM)MojoKing Wrote: I wonder if the Jags Front Office considered Allen as a gamble release? Not thinking a team would pick him up.

Well I think this means we will definitely draft a QB next year regardless of how Blake plays.

I think that was a given whether Allen proved to be the second coming of Mark Brunell or not.

Well, I liked Brunell. He was left handed and embraced it. We have another left hander that pretends to be right handed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ok

He was never gonna be our starting QB this year anyways, next year we will draft a QB and sign one
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(09-04-2017, 06:23 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Wasn't Stephen Morris also claimed by someone after we cut him?  Guys, he threw 3 picks against guys who got cut as well.  He's not that good.

He was one of the guys the Colts cut last weekend. I think they were his third team.

(09-04-2017, 07:36 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I just knew somebody would claim our one-time future. The Rams are destined for greatness now with Allen and Gurley.
[Image: shirley-you-jest.jpg]

(09-04-2017, 07:48 PM)jseymour Wrote: We have another left hander that pretends to be right handed.
We signed Gus Frerotte?

(09-04-2017, 06:55 PM)Firesky Wrote: I think Allen had potential, but ultimately his lack of height handicapped the abilities he had. since he had touch but having to adjust every throw to avoid being batted is not a skill thats developed quickly at the pro level. Drew Brees & Russell Wilson are also 6'0" QBs but they're the exception to the rule.

Also this preseason he seemed to do his best just throwing to Dede Westbrook in every situation. I think that a lot of making Brandon Allen look good was the play of Westbrook, I also think we might see similar signs of life with the other QBs if he were to be used with the 1s more, the dude just looks special and the last WR I saw that absolutely light up preseason every week like this was named Victor Cruz, even though the competition is the 2nd half of preseason games his talent is evident.

During the 2016 draft process, hand size for QBs was a big story because Jared Goff has small hands. Brandon Allen must have been paying attention because he got hand massages to make them bigger. It worked. I was thinking about that when we drafted him. For some reason it seemed like nobody cared too much about his height.

Russell Wilson is only 5-11. He compensates for lack of height with his mobility and ability to throw on the run. He also recently changed his diet to improve his speed and mobility.

Why only Dede Westbrook an d not the other backup WRs?

(09-04-2017, 09:07 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 06:55 PM)Firesky Wrote: I think Allen had potential, but ultimately his lack of height handicapped the abilities he had. since he had touch but having to adjust every throw to avoid being batted is not a skill thats developed quickly at the pro level. Drew Brees & Russell Wilson are also 6'0" QBs but they're the exception to the rule.

Also this preseason he seemed to do his best just throwing to Dede Westbrook in every situation. I think that a lot of making Brandon Allen look good was the play of Westbrook, I also think we might see similar signs of life with the other QBs if he were to be used with the 1s more, the dude just looks special and the last WR I saw that absolutely light up preseason every week like this was named Victor Cruz, even though the competition is the 2nd half of preseason games his talent is evident.

During the 2016 draft process, hand size for QBs was a big story because Jared Goff has small hands. Brandon Allen must have been paying attention because he got hand massages to make them bigger. It worked. I was thinking about that when we drafted him. For some reason it seemed like nobody cared too much about his height.

Russell Wilson is only 5-11. He compensates for lack of height with his mobility and ability to throw on the run. He also recently changed his diet to improve his speed and mobility.

Why only Dede Westbrook an d not the other backup WRs?

Massages are good for making things grow.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2017, 09:52 PM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

I felt he showed some good skills and ability
Makes me happy for him as he will probably get some starts here in la.
I live here and I'm going to get him to sign the rookie card I have of his.
Here's to hoping he deserves well

I felt he showed some good skills and ability
Makes me happy for him as he will probably get some starts here in la.
I live here and I'm going to get him to sign the rookie card I have of his.
Here's to hoping he does well

(09-04-2017, 05:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Gotta admit that i feel better with the Rams GM claiming him than the Pats GM.  After all, the Rams GM selected Goff #1.

If you  have any idea how waivers work...Pretty sure the Pats didn't even have a chance to claim him.

(09-04-2017, 10:16 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 05:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Gotta admit that i feel better with the Rams GM claiming him than the Pats GM.  After all, the Rams GM selected Goff #1.

If you  have any idea how waivers work...Pretty sure the Pats didn't even have a chance to claim him.

He's just saying hes glad he didn't make it to the Pats

(09-04-2017, 10:16 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

After the Jacoby Brissett trade, I would doubt they wanted to anyway.

(09-04-2017, 10:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 10:16 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: If you  have any idea how waivers work...Pretty sure the Pats didn't even have a chance to claim him.

He's just saying hes glad he didn't make it to the Pats

But why? lol. I must have missed the sarcasm. Either way, I don't think Allen would amount to anything here or there, but we suck at QB no matter who we start, at least there is that wildcard with allen, but chances are he would stink.

Allen showed glimmers of promise, but lacked the measurables, and his play suggested he'd need considerable development.

As bad as our QB situation has been - and as desperate as I am for an answer - I feel confident that Allen was not our saviour.

(09-04-2017, 04:49 PM)rocdee Wrote: thanks, Tom

Mike KayeVerified account @mike_e_kaye  1m1 minute ago
More

The Rams have claimed former #Jaguars QB Brandon Allen, per league source.

The Rams?? You act like the Rams is better than us!!!!

What the hell dude? Do you even try? OMG!!!! Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash Angry
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Psssh... bad move.
Shoulda dropped Henne.

He would have been sitting at home waiting for us to 'need' him like Bouman.

(09-05-2017, 01:11 PM)Kane Wrote: Psssh... bad move.
Shoulda dropped Henne.

No way. Somebody would have picked him up as an UFA.

(09-05-2017, 05:59 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 01:11 PM)Kane Wrote: Psssh... bad move.
Shoulda dropped Henne.

No way. Somebody would have picked him up as an UFA.

Nobody out there is picking up Henne as a UFA. If we were to call, he'd be at home.
'02

Brandon Allen is just another guy. No one should care about this.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."